The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Why is there still a 25 quest limit in journal?

Amandakill420
After ALL THESE YEARS and so many expansions, how is it ok that we're still limited to 25 active quests at a time? It's ridiculous. People have been asking for more since 2014... Come ON zos... Please???
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are apparently performance reasons that this is done, in addition to attempting to keep players focused on a smaller amount of tasks instead of making them feel overwhelmed.

I think at a bare minimum, it might be nice to count any daily quests separately so I can have 25 "real" quests and another list that contains just daily quests I've picked up.
  • JARTHEGREY
    JARTHEGREY
    ✭✭✭
    There are apparently performance reasons that this is done, in addition to attempting to keep players focused on a smaller amount of tasks instead of making them feel overwhelmed.

I think at a bare minimum, it might be nice to count any daily quests separately so I can have 25 "real" quests and another list that contains just daily quests I've picked up.

I do agree but at least you can 'abandon' any repeatable quests and then go and pick them back up. It's a bit of a hassle to do that but it is a workaround.
  • Amandakill420
    JARTHEGREY wrote: »

I do agree but at least you can 'abandon' any repeatable quests and then go and pick them back up. It's a bit of a hassle to do that but it is a workaround.

That is one good thing, however it's very easy to have only zone/side quests take up the 25 quest limit, especially while doing the Cadwell completionist quests and Guild quests. It's just so frustrating.
  • joaotextor
    joaotextor
    ✭✭
    After getting overwhelmed with tons of quest while playing Skyrim, I promised myself that I would not do this on ESO.
    Now, if I get a quest, I finish it before going to another. If it's a long questline (like the zone questlines) then I grab it and do 1-2 missions per day, and keep doing other quick quests after.

I never have more than 2 main/side quests on my questline, apart from the dailies and PVP quests (doing x bgs, killing x enemy players etc). That way, I can really focus on what I'm doing.

But that's my play style, and after all I'm a man, I cannot focus on too many things at the same time. LMAO.