The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Regarding "Village of the Lost" (spoilers)

Peaches0w0
Peaches0w0
✭✭✭
the public dungeon as a whole was fun. but the ending to the final quest was extremely tasteless in my honest opinion. I struggle with severe depression. and because of that I've grown to have a mind set of never giving in to the daily struggle and always find a reason to move on. Having a quest tell me to literally kill myself with literally no alternative because of some "noble sacrifice" is not only crass and in poor taste but is honestly really really REALLY dumb.

Like we get back up right afterwards and we could have used the life energy of literally any of the other daedra. a simple "no there must be another way" option where you face down one extra boss would have been much better than taking away player agency and forcing them to commit sudoku (yes I know it's a math puzzle)
  • Mushroomancer
    Mushroomancer
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, I looked up the quest because I couldn't remember what you're talking about, I probably never even did the quest in the first place.
    What I found is that apparently there used to be an alternative where you could either kill the lady that asks you to sacrifice yourself or even go for a peaceful solution involving the destruction of a sigil stone against a daedric lens (whatever that's supposed to be, sounds like made-for-Dremora glasses). For some reason though, those options were removed at some point and are now unavailable.
    I will agree that it seems just weird and kinda in poor taste, but since I can't find any info about it, does the NPC in question know that you're the Vestige? Because that's the only thing that would make it slightly understandable, you know, the Vestige is basically a reusable sacrifice. As for why they can't use the Daedra, maybe it has something to do with them not having proper souls? Don't know, just an idea. But yeah, it's just odd that they would remove alternative endings from a quest for seemingly no reason.
    PC | EU 1600+ CP

Chews-On-Shrooms - Argonian (EP) | Healer Warden
    I know I have a problem, leave me alone:

Nirya Urayel - Altmer (EP) | Healer/Magicka Templar
    Ulen Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Nightblade
    Anise Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Dragonknight
    Vivienne Rielle - Breton (EP) | Hybrid Healer/Magicka Necromancer
    Gaspar Rielle - Breton (DC) | Magicka Sorcerer
    Ulfgar the Foul - Nord (EP) | Tank Necromancer
    Plays-With-Chains - Argonian (EP) | Tank Dragonknight
    Sonje the Wild - Nord (EP) | Tank Warden
    Brutus Lovidicus - Imperial (EP) | Tank Nightblade
    Velms Ienith - Dunmer (EP) | Tank Sorcerer
    Cassius Lanius - Imperial (EP) | Tank/Stamina Templar
    Shakar-gro-Khazgur - Orc (DC) | Stamina Dragonknight
    Liette Nightwind - Bosmer (AD) | Stamina Nightblade
    Ja'khar the Salty - Khajiit (EP) | Stamina Necromancer
    Saadia al-Tava - Redguard (EP) | Stamina Sorcerer
    Gwinas Hemp-Burner - Bosmer (EP) | Stamina Warden
    Grand Master Crafter, All Dungeon HM up to Stonethorn, vCrag HM, vDSA, vMA, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vHOF HM, vAS+2, Gryphon Heart, vBRP, vSS HM (Extinguisher of Flames),
    vKA HM (Shield of the North), vRG 1/3HM