Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The End: Imperials win/ Aldmeri Dominion survives

ServerusEcru
ServerusEcru
✭✭✭
How long are we going to milk this conflict in Cyrodiil? We all know the outcome and after celebrating almost 9 years as a game in general; we truly need to do something special for the 10th year. This means end the mess in Cyrodiil and introduce a new PvP campaign. This means the end of the three alliances themselves. This means no more Daggerfall Covenant and no more Ebonheart Pact. This means there can only be two sides. Imperial Legion and Aldmeri Dominion. Bring us to this future and it will bring players back.

In the mighty words of Serpentor: "This I command." @ZOS_GinaBruno
"Train your opponent to make the wrong response." — The Book of Circles, By Loredas Maxims
NA/PC/ Order of the Candle
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're thinking of an empire that won't exist for another three centuries
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Mushroomancer
    Mushroomancer
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are aware of the fact that we have no clear timeline of events between the current year in ESO and like 20 years past that, right?
    Besides, the Dominion is supposed to dissolve to reform like 250 years after ESO. I think you'll have a while to wait.
    And no, it won't bring players back. I'm willing to bet most PvPers don't care in the slightest about lore, they only care about, who would have guessed, PvP. As long as performance in PvP is abysmal, no players are coming back.
    PC | EU 1600+ CP

Chews-On-Shrooms - Argonian (EP) | Healer Warden
    I know I have a problem, leave me alone:

Nirya Urayel - Altmer (EP) | Healer/Magicka Templar
    Ulen Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Nightblade
    Anise Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Dragonknight
    Vivienne Rielle - Breton (EP) | Hybrid Healer/Magicka Necromancer
    Gaspar Rielle - Breton (DC) | Magicka Sorcerer
    Ulfgar the Foul - Nord (EP) | Tank Necromancer
    Plays-With-Chains - Argonian (EP) | Tank Dragonknight
    Sonje the Wild - Nord (EP) | Tank Warden
    Brutus Lovidicus - Imperial (EP) | Tank Nightblade
    Velms Ienith - Dunmer (EP) | Tank Sorcerer
    Cassius Lanius - Imperial (EP) | Tank/Stamina Templar
    Shakar-gro-Khazgur - Orc (DC) | Stamina Dragonknight
    Liette Nightwind - Bosmer (AD) | Stamina Nightblade
    Ja'khar the Salty - Khajiit (EP) | Stamina Necromancer
    Saadia al-Tava - Redguard (EP) | Stamina Sorcerer
    Gwinas Hemp-Burner - Bosmer (EP) | Stamina Warden
    Grand Master Crafter, All Dungeon HM up to Stonethorn, vCrag HM, vDSA, vMA, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vHOF HM, vAS+2, Gryphon Heart, vBRP, vSS HM (Extinguisher of Flames),
    vKA HM (Shield of the North), vRG 1/3HM
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are aware of the fact that we have no clear timeline of events between the current year in ESO and like 20 years past that, right?
    Besides, the Dominion is supposed to dissolve to reform like 250 years after ESO. I think you'll have a while to wait.
    And no, it won't bring players back. I'm willing to bet most PvPers don't care in the slightest about lore, they only care about, who would have guessed, PvP. As long as performance in PvP is abysmal, no players are coming back.

ESO features the First Aldmeri Dominion. At some point between now and early Tiber Septim era that Dominion dissolves. By the time of Tiber Septim the Second Aldmeri Dominion will form, and it is that Dominion that Tiber Septim conquers. That's why when the Thalmor scheme their way into power in the post-Oblivion Crisis disorder, they call their new fascist state the Third Aldmeri Dominion.

When the dissolving of the First Aldmeri Dominion, Daggerfall Covenant, and Ebonheart Pact occur is indeed very unclear. Presumably, as the chaos of the Planemeld settles down, Imperial factions start rising in power and prominence as the Alliances find their necessity and subsequently their unity waning. What we do know is that they fade away into the obscurity of history with only a footnote left of them.
  • Mushroomancer
    Mushroomancer
    ✭✭✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »

ESO features the First Aldmeri Dominion. At some point between now and early Tiber Septim era that Dominion dissolves. By the time of Tiber Septim the Second Aldmeri Dominion will form, and it is that Dominion that Tiber Septim conquers. That's why when the Thalmor scheme their way into power in the post-Oblivion Crisis disorder, they call their new fascist state the Third Aldmeri Dominion.

When the dissolving of the First Aldmeri Dominion, Daggerfall Covenant, and Ebonheart Pact occur is indeed very unclear. Presumably, as the chaos of the Planemeld settles down, Imperial factions start rising in power and prominence as the Alliances find their necessity and subsequently their unity waning. What we do know is that they fade away into the obscurity of history with only a footnote left of them.

Umm yes, how is this different from what I said? As things stand in ESO, everything is pretty much happening in the same couple of years. I know what OP is proposing, but a faction dissolving is not gonna happen over night, it would most likely take a bunch of years, maybe even decades. At this point there is no unified Imperial faction (unless something about that is hinted at in the Blackwood/Deadlands storyline, haven't gotten around to play those yet), so unless we get a story about an Imperial uprising against the Alliances, I don't see Cyrodiil going anywhere. Besides, I can already hear the hordes of PvP players typing away their raging comments against a removal/radical remake of Cyrodiil. That's because the last paragraph of my comment still stands regardless of the lore contrivances they can come up with; I think unless ZOS can genuinely improve the PvP experience, there isn't even a reason to overhaul Cyro.
    PC | EU 1600+ CP

Chews-On-Shrooms - Argonian (EP) | Healer Warden
    I know I have a problem, leave me alone:

Nirya Urayel - Altmer (EP) | Healer/Magicka Templar
    Ulen Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Nightblade
    Anise Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Dragonknight
    Vivienne Rielle - Breton (EP) | Hybrid Healer/Magicka Necromancer
    Gaspar Rielle - Breton (DC) | Magicka Sorcerer
    Ulfgar the Foul - Nord (EP) | Tank Necromancer
    Plays-With-Chains - Argonian (EP) | Tank Dragonknight
    Sonje the Wild - Nord (EP) | Tank Warden
    Brutus Lovidicus - Imperial (EP) | Tank Nightblade
    Velms Ienith - Dunmer (EP) | Tank Sorcerer
    Cassius Lanius - Imperial (EP) | Tank/Stamina Templar
    Shakar-gro-Khazgur - Orc (DC) | Stamina Dragonknight
    Liette Nightwind - Bosmer (AD) | Stamina Nightblade
    Ja'khar the Salty - Khajiit (EP) | Stamina Necromancer
    Saadia al-Tava - Redguard (EP) | Stamina Sorcerer
    Gwinas Hemp-Burner - Bosmer (EP) | Stamina Warden
    Grand Master Crafter, All Dungeon HM up to Stonethorn, vCrag HM, vDSA, vMA, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vHOF HM, vAS+2, Gryphon Heart, vBRP, vSS HM (Extinguisher of Flames),
    vKA HM (Shield of the North), vRG 1/3HM
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Umm yes, how is this different from what I said? As things stand in ESO, everything is pretty much happening in the same couple of years. I know what OP is proposing, but a faction dissolving is not gonna happen over night, it would most likely take a bunch of years, maybe even decades. At this point there is no unified Imperial faction (unless something about that is hinted at in the Blackwood/Deadlands storyline, haven't gotten around to play those yet), so unless we get a story about an Imperial uprising against the Alliances, I don't see Cyrodiil going anywhere. Besides, I can already hear the hordes of PvP players typing away their raging comments against a removal/radical remake of Cyrodiil. That's because the last paragraph of my comment still stands regardless of the lore contrivances they can come up with; I think unless ZOS can genuinely improve the PvP experience, there isn't even a reason to overhaul Cyro.

Sorry, my eyes skipped over “dissolve and reform”.

And I agree with the rest. Changing up the factions in Cyrodiil wouldn’t do much to bring people back or even to the game.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the Covenant could dissolve rather quickly, it is mostly held together by Emeric. If something were to happen to him, I think the future of the alliance would depend on how the war is going for them.

The Pact might break apart even faster than that, with all the centuries-old animosity between the races that even eclipses the strife in the Covenant. With the Planemeld stopped, The Tribunal should have lost interest in the whole affair years ago, and Skyrim might be more interested in pursuing reunification (although apparently that doesn't happen until the Tiber Wars either).

The Dominion is probably the least likely to stop their campaign, although I can see the Bosmer and Khajiit getting tired of the war unless it is brought to an end soon. Ayrenn might also continue to face opposition internally - her inviting foreigners to Summerset might spark a fierce isolationist reaction yet to come.

Canonically, there should still be an attempt by the Akaviri of Rimmen and some Kamal remnants of the last Akaviri invasion to retake the Empire. Although it ultimately fails, I could see them rallying the Imperials under one banner again. After the end of the Planemeld, there's really no reason why the Imperials shouldn't try to clean up their homeland and push out the invaders.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.