The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

If you're going to make "Instant Research" scrolls be a reward to log in daily, at least make them..

x4livin
x4livin
✭✭✭
tradable. If I am maxed on crafting, and research, how is this "reward" that will just fill up my inventory, isn't tradable or sellable....give me any incentive?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have a storage chest in my house dedicated to holding all of these items i never or rarely use

i definitely agree with this, my main (the toon i use for crafting) has had all of the research done since at least early 2019, so i havent had any use for these, i also have several hundred xp scrolls i usually save if i make a new toon

i would also actually trade stuff like the crown poisons (which i never use outside of occasional endeavors requiring use of poisons)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Second this, and please also apply this to Riding Lessons.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am researching on an alt
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sort-of hoping ZOS can track how many of these are in the game the way they can track other things, like how many of each enemy is killed and how many people have done X achievement and at some point someone will notice they're piling up and swap them for something else or reduce the frequency.

I've been thinking about why Guild Wars 2's login rewards seem more acceptable to players than ESO's even though it's the same every month and there's nothing special in there and I think it's partially because it's always been that way, but also because it's all things you can do something with, even if it's just selling them for gold.

I'd be fine with ESO's login rewards being all currencies and consumables (maybe fewer potions and poisons than we get now, add some other stuff into the mix) because at least I can use those. Research scrolls are useless to me unless I decide to level another crafter for some reason, and even if I wanted to make all the characters on my account crafters I doubt I'd need all the ones I've got.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"