The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Redguards and Bosmer racial!

Vanos444
Vanos444
✭✭✭✭✭
https://alcasthq.com/eso-race-guide-elder-scrolls-online/#content3

As the link above, you can see a list of racial of each race.
Redguards
Somehow, I find redguards are at a poor end of the stick.
The snare reduction might be good on paper but in reality, they are other ways to counter it. Let's say, the templar skill

Also, if a player wants to add the snare reduction percentage by some amount after using the champion tree. The light armor provides that boon.
Sadly, redguards are a stamina DPS race. So, they don't use a full set of light armor...

Not to mention, they can also regain stamina after 5 sec when using an ability. Again, This might sound great on paper but the reality is truly bad.

I propose, regards should replace,
The snare to stamina Regen by x amount and instead of ability, you gain stamina when damaging an enemy after every 8 sec.

Bosmer
For Bosmer, everything is fine but when comparing other races they seem to lack in performance.
Sure, for a Nightblades Gank build in World PvP is fun and all...but somehow Khajiits can perform better in comparison to them.

I purpose,
A bow damage boost,
As you can see bow aren't consider the main DPS weapon but a filler or an AoE weapon.
Yes, snipe and poison injection are good but let it be better for bosmers.
Let's say, bosmers get 8% increase damage for using a bow and 8% reduce cost for using bow abilities by default.

This will improve the Bosmer race performance.

With a combination of sets out there, bows can be a god tier weapon for Bosmers..

So, what do u guys think....
Discuss!!!!!

Edit:
Now, I can argue that Bosmer can also be a Magicka race for they worship the tree god.

Also, on their passive abilities they do have spell penetration.
So, if ppl want play bosmers as Magicka race like Magicka Nightblades for example.

Then, let say, instead of bow boosting their damage performance. We can provide them with Magicka Reduce cost by 15%. And automatically applies magicka steal from enemies.

With this they won't be on par with other races but they would have uniqueness like being a healer class but with the Magicka steel...they can use melee weapons and gain magicka.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 15, 2022 2:03PM
  • MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play more casually nowadays, and my main is a bosmer.

I find race passives silly to begin with, but they´re pretty fine these days unless you absolutely need to min/max everything and care about a 1.3% increase in DPS. At least they´re better than before.

Though I do still think they should give you race skill morphs or something, so you could play a magicka or stamina character with any race.
    Edited by MaleAmazon on January 15, 2022 7:14AM
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer is fine , Redguard is not.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Redguard absolutely should be looked at hard, going from top race to the very bottom isn't really ages that well.

On s bosmeri side any further changes concerning adding damage stats would just be a nerf to sustain passive as it's counterpart. Not sure people creating those and expecting parsing power rather than having no investment in sustain if going from passives alone.
  • milllaurie
    milllaurie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer is at the top there. Orc has to run one extra pc of sustain (e.g. serpent) in pvp while woodelf can go all damage and has 1k pen.
    Woodelf has speed, orc has speed.
    Woodelf is fine.
    Redguard on the other hand is utterly useless in pvp and pve.
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like my bosmer just fine as it is, I don't have a red so I can't comment on that
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer is NOT fine.

They have a “useless for pve” passive in Stealth detect, which has been shown is actually detrimental effect on their stealth ability in pvp.

In lore, they are supposed to be the stealthiest of races, but now imperials (yes, imperials) are better at stealth then they are.

Bosmers are thieves and snipers, not guards.

Bring back bosmer stealth!
    Edited by BlueRaven on January 15, 2022 1:09PM
  • _Zathras_
    _Zathras_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh god.

Do you know the can of worms you just opened? Do you remember the Bosmer racial thread that went on, and on, and on, and.. you get the idea.. for months?

Relatively speaking, there was a huge racial shake-up not that long ago. I don't think anyone is going to be in a hurry to make changes.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer is in a fine place in terms of stats, although the decision on removing their stealth passive was one of ZOS’s worst.

Redguard is decidedly sub-par for a race that should be among the very best warriors in Tamriel. They need some love.
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adrenaline rush is okay but the bigger issue is the useless snare passive. It should have a damage done/ damage done with abilities buff by x % instead of the snare removal passive. That would be a good start in my opinion.
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The snare thing needs to go because you have it now in CP Tree. I feel ZOS really just messed up with the passives badly. I still want redguards to be the master blade users like the lore says they are. A damage buff to using daggers and swords.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bosmer need to have stealth back. The detection is both useless and lore-breaking. Bosmer are THIEVES but the detection skill is only useful for GUARDS. Which Bosmer have never been.

They should also have twice the current penetration bonus, but only for Bows.

While they have, at times, had some bonuses to magic in past games it was only ever for non-offensive kinds of magic (alteration and alchemy).
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kahjiit with their night eye power in older games would've been a better candidate for the detection passive, but due to how much it's hated it really shouldn't exist. Bosmer need their stealth back for sure.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's kinda silly that of both races redguard is the one that needs more love yet people will come and complain about some lore bosmer memes that have way lower inpact on the gameplay then redguard's lack of more usefull passive. Bosmer at the moment is very complete and strong race redguard isn't.
    Edited by axi on January 17, 2022 3:28AM
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    axi wrote: »
    It's kinda silly that of both races redguard is the one that needs more love yet people will come and complain about some lore bosmer memes that have way lower inpact on the gameplay then redguard's lack of more usefull passive. Bosmer at the moment is very complete and strong race redguard isn't.

For bosmers, it’s a lore issue, and many players play this game because of the ES lore.

The redguard issue is a numbers issue. And that becomes a bit murkier.

It’s really two different camps of players.

I am not saying Redguards don’t need a buff, but what they need and how big a number is not as clear as the very cut and dry lore of Bosmers being stealthy.
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

For bosmers, it’s a lore issue, and many players play this game because of the ES lore.

I am not saying Redguards don’t need a buff, but what they need and how big a number is not as clear as the very cut and dry lore of Bosmers being stealthy.

What is this?
    I just have a feeling that not many people play Redguards and don't know or care about their lore. They are the worse race in the game because ZOS chooses to ignore their lore more than any other race. It is not just a numbers issue. That crap sword and board buff added to their martial training passive prove's this. And the fact that they gave another race the same sword and board buff is proof of how lazy it was.
    Edited by Castagere on January 17, 2022 5:39PM
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would argue that more players pays the attention to combat itself then to a small lore details behind it. When it comes to combat Bosmer is basically a perfectly designed race.

For redguard it's both numbers and lore issue. Lore wise they should be one of the best warriors yet atm they're one of the weakest. They should excell at something yet at any possible role and passive You'll find other race that does it better. Their passives may try to imitate their connection to lore but the problem is they do it in a very weak way that at the end is overpowered by other races. Bosmer have it easy.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bosmer racials aren't ideal for group pve because recovery has been devalued due to CP 2.0 and the large amount you get from food. In Solo pve, and pvp, bosmer racials are fantastic. The whole stealth racial is a silly thing to hold a grudge over, they could remove that and their racials would still be great.

Redguard on the other hand needs some love. The only builds this race works for are niche builds for solo pve or pvp where you play a class that uses lots of weapon abilities. The weapon cost reduction should be changed to something else to be more useful across all areas of the game. For instance, you could change it to +50% bonus on weapon traits. This makes it useful for any build and also gives it some versatility without adding too much raw power to the already decent 2k stamina and nice stamina proc.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would argue that more players pays the attention to combat itself then to a small lore details behind it. When it comes to combat Bosmer is basically a perfectly designed race.

For redguard it's both numbers and lore issue. Lore wise they should be one of the best warriors yet atm they're one of the weakest. They should excell at something yet at any possible role and passive You'll find other race that does it better. Their passives may try to imitate their connection to lore but the problem is they do it in a very weak way that at the end is overpowered by other races. Bosmer have it easy.

I am not debating which camp is larger, I would not find it surprising if the amount of people who look at race “meta” is a larger number then the lore people.

But again it breaks down to Redguards issues is in performance, and what to change and by how much is pretty murky.

Lore wise just as Redguards are supposed to be the best at melee, Bosmers are supposed to be the best at bows (they are not in eso). But you don’t see the same people saying “buff bosmer bows” as much because the “how exactly” part gets murky.

Stealth though is pretty binary. Bosmers by lore and ES games are supposed to have amazing stealth abilities, in eso they are at best average, even lagging behind imperials, which is just not right.
  • Styxius
    Styxius
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest I wonder if redguard would be fixed for viability simply by just adding 100 to 150 weapon and spell damage to their conditioning passive
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could buff Bosmer a little more... If Altmer and Orsimer have bonus to both WD and SP, why not adding Mag Recovery to Y’ffre’s Endurance?
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    The balance seems to keep shifting in favor of races with damage buffs as more changes are brought to the game,

Ever since the last racial update the amount of multipliers for spell damage seems to have increased. Now mages can get a boost from medium armor and fighters guild skills.

Meanwhile regen multipliers were dropped over time. Major/ Minor Endurance and Intellect went from +40/20% to +30/15%
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Redguard passives are the only passives that can't be optimized and buffed in builds. For example lets look at the
    Bosmer passives:
    Stamina Recovery by 258
    Increases your Max Stamina by 2000
    Increase Disease and Poison Resistance by 2310
    Increases your detection radius in Stealth by 3m
    Increases your movement speed by 5% and your Physical and Spell Penetration by 950.

All that is great, and you can build on top of those passives making your character very strong. Which is why Wood Elf passives are fine.
    Redguard has nothing in the game that buffs the racial passives. Nothing to be modified based on what you are doing with your build. Nothing but passives that were cool in concept, but are noticeably lacking in effectiveness regarding building around or with a Redguard toon.

Anything like actual stam recovery and reduce cost to all stamina abilities would actually give Redguard a proper spot in optimized builds. Also where is the damage passive for Redguard? Or resistances? Redguard literally has less passives.
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still think Bosmer should have a racial ability to charm wild life like they did in other TES games, called Command Animals (i think?) even if they're just non-combat pets.
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redguards can have martial knowledge replaced with something akin to heartland’s conquerer (increases the effectiveness of your weapon traits) the 5 piece of that set is 100%, so depending on how many 5 piece sets MK is worth, the % buff can be made accordingly
  • Ezorus
    Ezorus
    ✭✭✭
    The fall damage reduction for wood elf is pitiful, nonexistent rarely. Plus i preferred the more pen and speed on a dodge roll than half amounts
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer are BiS for cute. What else matters? ;)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo