Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

999+ ping and high latency

ANewHand
ANewHand
✭✭✭
I've been having a hard time these past few days to perform my rotations smoothly. I'm clicking to weave LAs and cast abilities as usual, and often my character is just like 🧍‍♂️. I did vDSA recently to get the last weapon, the whole experience was very sluggish and so was my DPS.

Anyways, today I try to do my writs as usual and wow- I am getting kicked out of quest pick up/completion dialogues after 10 seconds of nothing happening. I search online and find out there's a native command to display latency, and, lo and behold, I'm yo-yoing between 100-150 and 999+ ms. What is going on???

drccvhgl42qa.jpg

I'm connected through an ethernet cable and regularly play a MOBA game on NA servers where my ping fluctuates anywhere between 39 and 40 ms. Also, when I do my writs and daily quests I set the graphics quality lower to keep my fans quiet.

I did tracert/pathping just now (~2 hours after doing my writs, after which I stopped playing). I'm not so familiar with those reports but the ping values are below 100 ms and there was only a couple instances of packet loss, in one case around my internet provider and the other case before reaching ae-32-0.ear1.Dallas1.Level3.net, two steps before the 198.20.200.1

Are these issues on my end, or is it the server having a hard time processing requests?