The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Hew's Bane zone not dropping based on set collection

Recremen
Recremen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
It looks like the Hew's Bane zone, from dungeons to world bosses, is not respecting the set collection drop preference mechanic. I have several pieces that are not collected, but boss clears are still dropping pieces that I already own. I believe this to be in error, yes?
Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • kwinter
    kwinter
    ✭✭✭
    I think one set drops from thieves guild daily quest only and the other 2 only from world bosses and dungeon boss. At less that is what I have experience. The same with Gold Coast
    Options
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bosses drop specific pieces such as weapons and hats, but not others. You may have depleted their loot pool and need to farm the other sources, depending on what you're missing.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    syvarra scales and bahrahas curse are very weird sets with curation

the overland drops for syvarra will always be medium and bahrahas will always be light (the off-size variants of these sets can only drop from either theives guild quest boxes which are not curated, or perfect heist rewards which are also not curated)

i am still trying to get 5 pc of off-size of these sets and been running heists regularly (the perfect heist rewards can drop any item from either set in this zone, but that is 72 individual pc)

the nice thing is once you start collecting all the heavy gear for both sets, those you can easily turn around and sell for high value (most of those go for a minimum of 20k+ at current market value), as well as the theives guild motifs (which are surprisingly still selling fairly well lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the overland drops for syvarra will always be medium and bahrahas will always be light (the off-size variants of these sets can only drop from either theives guild quest boxes which are not curated, or perfect heist rewards which are also not curated)

i am still trying to get 5 pc of off-size of these sets and been running heists regularly (the perfect heist rewards can drop any item from either set in this zone, but that is 72 individual pc)

the nice thing is once you start collecting all the heavy gear for both sets, those you can easily turn around and sell for high value (most of those go for a minimum of 20k+ at current market value), as well as the theives guild motifs (which are surprisingly still selling fairly well lol)

Oh so it's less a bug, and more a design choice that runs counter to the set curation mechanic. That is very unfortunate, to the point where I'd still overall call it a bug.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »

Oh so it's less a bug, and more a design choice that runs counter to the set curation mechanic. That is very unfortunate, to the point where I'd still overall call it a bug.

those are not the only sets that are weird to get

the trainee set from starter zones is basically 100% uncurated because there are no bosses in starter zones (such as khenarthis roost)

the sithis set from gold coast also functions similar to these sets where 1 size drops from the overland, but you have to get the other pieces from either black sacraments in dark brotherhood, or from the dark brotherhood guy in the outlaw refuges (if you have the skill pt for it)

virtually all of the set gear from pvp is uncurated (BG, IC, and 99% of the cyrodiil sets)

even monster shoulders are not curated

so there is still a large chunk of gear that basically exists outside of the curation system
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options