Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Daedric War Celebration Event"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
ikm7hw58qjxh.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article, "Venture Into Worlds Bizarre And Beautiful During The Daedric War Celebration Event"

Explore the regions of Vvardenfell, Clockwork City, and Summerset during the Daedric War Celebration in-game event and you’ll earn bonus rewards and Event Tickets.
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on January 27, 2022 7:13PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    “The final boss in both the Asylum Sanctorum and Halls of Fabrication have a guaranteed chance to drop a tradeable style page for the Doctrine Ordinator outfit style”

Is this for normal too or just Vet?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ach so rewards from daily quests do not count for this event?

Just bosses and just a chance?

Not perhaps so good at a busy time of year for this one but she will see what she can get with Clan Claws on the Caturday that falls within the event window.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    ikm7hw58qjxh.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article, "Venture Into Worlds Bizarre And Beautiful During The Daedric War Celebration Event"

Explore the regions of Vvardenfell, Clockwork City, and Summerset during the Daedric War Celebration in-game event and you’ll earn bonus rewards and Event Tickets.

Hey Chief, looks like it's missing a hyperlink to the article.

That being said, OH YEAH, CAN'T WAIT.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Bless you, @Destai. Thanks for the catch on the hyperlink.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Also those with questions, working on getting those answers for you.
    Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. Looks like a solid event. 👍
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • EchoesofThunder
    EchoesofThunder
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to mid-year mayhem? Is it just pushed back a bit?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened to mid-year mayhem? Is it just pushed back a bit?

My expectation is that it will be immediately-ish following this event.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really looking forward to this, looks fun. Just hoping to have enough time, with luck may have a new job but existing job pretty hectic.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A note for anyone who still needs to build rapport with Mirri: the Ashlander relic dailies from Numani-Rasi count for +125 rapport, same as doing a Fighters Guild daily but much quicker.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may have misread it, but what if I will do All daily quests from All of the event zones ?

I will get Glorious Daedric War Spoils reward box for the 1st completed quest, but what for the other daily quests ? A regular Daedric War Spoils reward box ?

The article states:

During the celebration period, as you explore, quest, and adventure, you have a chance to receive an event-specific Daedric War Spoils reward box when you complete the following activities:
    - Finishing the event introductory quest
    - Slaying Delve and World Bosses
    - Slaying monsters
    - Opening Treasure Chests, Safeboxes, lootable objects, Psijic Portals, Thieves Troves, and harvest nodes
    - Closing Abyssal Geysers
    - Slaying bosses within the Halls of Fabrication, Asylum Sanctorum, and Cloudrest Trials

The article mentions "as you explore, quest", but daily quests are not mentioned in the "following activities", So I am kinda confused.
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Previous events in these zones also included possible furniture "recipes" and furniture items in the reward boxes as well as furniture items from the Impressario that were not found as drops in the game. Although other previously obtainable event items from the zones have been carried forward to this 3-way event I did not see any mention of furnishings.

I understand it's a "war" event rather than a specific zone but these items are essential to, and have a long history in war: "carpet" bombing, "counter"-attack, war rooms, war tables, "bar"ricades - I could go on but you get the jist -furniture belongs here!
  • LokiAndBlack
    LokiAndBlack
    ✭✭✭
    “The final boss in both the Asylum Sanctorum and Halls of Fabrication have a guaranteed chance to drop a tradeable style page for the Doctrine Ordinator outfit style”

Is this for normal too or just Vet?

last year it was on normal also for the same outfit
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Guaranteed Chance," you say? :|

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on January 14, 2022 5:20AM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin - Clarification please?

Will tickets be dropping from trials, with weekly coffers?

It's almost always been true before, but very seldom included in the announcement or the in-game help file.

Morrowind/Halls of Fabrication
    Clockwork City/Asylum Sanctorum
    Summerset/Cloudrest

Tickets only drop with weekly coffers; if the character has run the trial too recently, they don't.

It's important for people to know, because of the ticket cap - if they don't know they could get tickets in a trial, they might go in with too many, and lose some to the cap.

Thank you!
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • RoadSodaSlammer
    RoadSodaSlammer
    Soul Shriven
    I asked this questions elsewhere as well, but with this event include additional drops of set gear from trial bosses?
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All. I have some answers for you. Also, if you are looking for a player created guide, our community spotlight, Brah We Got This has a great guide to reference. I've linked to that here. Feel free to ping if you have follow-ups and we can see clarification. Thanks all.

@EchoesofThunder- We'll have more info on Mid-Year Mayhem soon. Keep your eye out on our social channels.

@RoadSodaSlammer- The short answer is yes. The listed trial bosses will drop additional loot during the event, so if they would normally give you a chance at a set gear item, it gives you a second chance at one.

@Tommy_The_Gun- Yes, after the first Glorious Daedric War Spoils, subsequent completed dailies will give Daedric War Spoils.

@WhiteCoatSyndrome- Yes, that applies to normal and vet.

@SantieClaws- Happy to clarify what dailies apply to for the event. Was there anything specific you where looking for?

@Kelinmiriel- Trial Bosses themselves will not drop tickets. However, if the trial weekly quest for the respective trial is the first thing turned in during the day, it will give you the ticket for the particular zone it's attached to. So for example, if you do the Asylum Sanctorum weekly quest, that counts as a Clockwork City daily for purposes of tickets, but you wouldn't get another ticket for doing a Clockwork City or Vvardenfell ticket that day. Same with Halls of Fabrication (same cooldown as Asylum/Clockwork) and Cloudrest (Summerset's cooldown).

@Marcusorion1- Your feedback is noted. I've let our event lead know your feedback regarding the lack of furniture. Rest assured, we will have other events throughout the year with furnishings included as rewards.
    Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the answers, ZOS_Kevin!
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you! :smiley:

Yes, that's exactly what I expected. Tickets will drop with a WEEKLY trial coffer exactly the same as turning in a DAILY quest for the corresponding zone.
    Edited by Kelinmiriel on January 14, 2022 9:30PM
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Excellent! :) Thank you very much for the clarification!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the prompt responses, appreciated :)
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding the Ald'ruhn dailies in Vvardenfell, you must do 2 quests to unlock the dailies.

1. In Ald'ruhn, find Drelyth Hleran and take his quest "Ancestral Ties." Complete that quest. Then ...
    2. Go north to Urshilaku Camp. Speak to Udami and take his quest, "Ashlander Relations". Complete this easy peasy quest and this will unlock the dailies.

Edited by Dojohoda on January 15, 2022 2:18AM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ach so rewards from daily quests do not count for this event?

Just bosses and just a chance?
    @SantieClaws
    It's a double drops event, with SOME rewards (event tickets etc.) from daily/weekly quests, and DIFFERENT rewards from boss/trial kills.

Daedric War Reward boxes can drop from almost anything in the two zones (e.g. harvesting nodes, treasure chests etc.), including (I'm fairly sure) daily repeatable quests. These special reward boxes can give the "Evergloam champion" weapon style pages or the pet runebox (or other rewards - motif pages, gear, mats etc.). Weapon style pages are also available from the Impressario (costing tickets).

You may want to kill (public dungeon and world) bosses and complete the two trials as well for the Doctrine Ordinator style pages - this seems to be the only way to get these style pages.

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good good. So this one can hop in each day and hand in the Alinor delve daily quests she completed before Fishmas, should the working day be too long to do anything else.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    Regarding the Ald'ruhn dailies in Vvardenfell, you must do 2 quests to unlock the dailies.

1. In Ald'ruhn, find Drelyth Hleran and take his quest "Ancestral Ties." Complete that quest. Then ...
    2. Go north to Urshilaku Camp. Speak to Udami and take his quest, "Ashlander Relations". Complete this easy peasy quest and this will unlock the dailies.

Excellent point; thank you!

Another useful thing to know: There are no unlocks required anymore for Morrowind delve and world boss dailies.

Those used to require starting the zone quest, but that was changed at some point before the Tribunal (Morrowind/Clockwork City) event last February.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good good. So this one can hop in each day and hand in the Alinor delve daily quests she completed before Fishmas, should the working day be too long to do anything else.
    @SantieClaws
    Yes, but that is good for only 1 event ticket per day (completing a Summerset daily). Ideally you should also complete a Crow daily (fastest option) in CWC for the second event ticket (or any other daily repeatable from the Vvardenfell or Clockwork City zones). Completing any of those dailies is enough to get the gold reward box for the day though (with higher chance of style page etc.)
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I recall VVardenfell unlocking much more easily when I restarted on the PC last year. Are we certain it requires all that?

EDIT: I just went to Vivec City for the first time and selected the poster outside the Hall of Justice. I am not sure even that lead in quest was needed since I saw the daily markers when going to turn that in.

Are another set of dailies required/available?
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on January 16, 2022 5:10AM
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    @FlopsyPrince -

There are NO requirements for Vvardenfell delve or world boss daily quests now. (There used to be. Now there are not.)

There's still an unlock for the Ashlander quests, but you don't have to do those if you don't want to. If you're looking for event tickets - you can only get one per account, per day, from Morrowind/Clockwork City, and another from Summerset. If you're looking for that special "Glorious" event box, looks like there's only of those per day, that drops with the first event ticket.

If you want more (non-"Glorious") boxes - then having more dailies available for that, could be useful. ZOS_Kevin confirmed above that we'll get additional boxes with daily quests.
    Edited by Kelinmiriel on January 16, 2022 1:31PM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @FlopsyPrince -

There are NO requirements for Vvardenfell delve or world boss daily quests now. (There used to be. Now there are not.)

There's still an unlock for the Ashlander quests, but you don't have to do those if you don't want to. If you're looking for event tickets - you can only get one per account, per day, from Morrowind/Clockwork City, and another from Summerset. If you're looking for that special "Glorious" event box, looks like there's only of those per day, that drops with the first event ticket.

If you want more (non-"Glorious") boxes - then having more dailies available for that, could be useful. ZOS_Kevin confirmed above that we'll get additional boxes with daily quests.

Ah, that is the difference. I was having trouble finding everyone on the quest giver for the Ashlander ones. He simply wasn't there. I had not done any other quests though.
    PC
    PS4/PS5