The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

3 Months on and PVP is still broken

CappyCaineZ
CappyCaineZ
Soul Shriven
I've sent in tickets and know many others have as well, I've constantly tweeted about PVP being broken but 3 months on and still no fix for a problem that has effectively killed PVP...

Ever since they made Ravenwatch a No Proc campaign the Emp buffs have been broken, I am currently Emp in Ravenwatch (Xbox EU) but alas an Emp with no buffs. Basically what happens is when you gain EMP you get the skill line, title and you have the Emp buffs but should you leave Cyrodiil, switch to another char, go into a delve or crash, once you log back into Cyrodiil you have no Emp buffs. You still have the skill line and title but that is all and many players have stopped playing PVP because of this.

Also, the Dolmens no longer activate in Ravenwatch, so if you are stuck in Cyrodiil because you don't want to lose Emp buffs, you can't farm Coldharbour weapons

Is this ever going to get fixed?
Guild Leader of Flying-Monkeys on EU/NA - Ebonheart Pact PVP Ravenwatch & Icereach

esoguild.com
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    It sure would be nice if ZOS would answer the posts here. Hopefully they won't ban me from the forums for sharing my opinion and stating that I hope that someone from their company actually reads and replies to all the posts. It's pretty obvious that that isn't happening and I couldn't be more disappointed. I think their company makes enough money to afford an extra person if needed to actually pay attention to their customer feedback and concerns.
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    malistorr wrote: »
    It sure would be nice if ZOS would answer the posts here.

I hope that someone from their company actually reads and replies to all the posts.

It's pretty obvious that that isn't happening I couldn't be more disappointed.

I think their company makes enough money to afford an extra person if needed to actually pay attention to their customer feedback and concerns.

They have. They do. They are--> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/595442/eso-pvp-update-january-2022/p1

And they actually read EVERY single report on these forums, but they will never have time (nor need) to reply to "all" posts.

Typically, developers are far too busy working on CODE.

Edited by NeeScrolls on January 19, 2022 2:36AM
  • Gederic
    Gederic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've sent in tickets and know many others have as well, I've constantly tweeted about PVP being broken but 3 months on and still no fix for a problem that has effectively killed PVP...

Only 3 months???
    Ours is the Fury
  • CappyCaineZ
    CappyCaineZ
    Soul Shriven
    Gederic wrote: »

Only 3 months???

Well it all started when they made Ravenwatch a No Proc campaign so I stabbed a guess at 3 months but it has probably been longer. Still a real pain trying to defend Emp with no buffs :(
    Guild Leader of Flying-Monkeys on EU/NA - Ebonheart Pact PVP Ravenwatch & Icereach

esoguild.com
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Only 3 months???

Well it all started when they made Ravenwatch a No Proc campaign so I stabbed a guess at 3 months but it has probably been longer. Still a real pain trying to defend Emp with no buffs :(

It's the same in main campaign too, so might not just be ravenwatch.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only 3 months???

More like 8 years
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeeScrolls wrote: »
    malistorr wrote: »
    It sure would be nice if ZOS would answer the posts here.

I hope that someone from their company actually reads and replies to all the posts.

It's pretty obvious that that isn't happening I couldn't be more disappointed.

I think their company makes enough money to afford an extra person if needed to actually pay attention to their customer feedback and concerns.

They have. They do. They are--> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/595442/eso-pvp-update-january-2022/p1

And they actually read EVERY single report on these forums, but they will never have time (nor need) to reply to "all" posts.

Typically, developers are far too busy working on CODE.

They’ve made similar, official statements over and over (and over and over) since pvp performance began to erode in the summer of 2014, only a few months after launch. Nearly 8 years later here we are, still with apologists saying “give them a break, *they’re working on it*!”

It’s such a mess of bungled code at this point, I honestly believe that Zeni is incapable of fixing pvp with the resources available to them. They wish it was better, and they will keep trying, and it will not get better.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hadn't seen that post. It's nice to see something from ZOS I guess even if it is a generic vague statement designed for the whole community. I've worked in technology companies of different types for a couple decades now and have been part of several support organizations. Devs don't manage forums. There are people like Kevin who have those jobs. If ZOS has a programmer doing that job they are pretty unique. There should be regular support folk who aren't programmers who are in charge of monitoring the forums and replying to posts. They SHOULD reply to all posts. There aren't such a huge number daily that 1 or 2 people can't do the job. Then they have a system of documenting the feedback and bug reports and they'll have regular meetings where people higher up the food chain vote to prioritize what they will fix etc. It would be nice if they can provide some feedback to customers. For example the 2 huge heavy attack problems right now. There was a comment in mid-December that they are aware of the issue and nothing more. Then enough people complained about the lack of feedback and updates that there was another post saying something like "Thanks for reminding me, I'll go check status on that." Then there was no further comments from ZOS. And the 2nd comment was a full month after the 1st. That is horrible customer service and ignoring your customers. I've worked for about 20 companies and been in charge of knowledge bases of major international technology companies. The amount of progress reports or feedback of any type from ZOS is awful. There is a huge gap/difference between what this organization considers to be a good amount of feedback and updates to customers and what just about any other company does. I know because I've worked for many many of them. For the amount of money ZOS/Microsoft make on this game they are horribly understaffed and customers paying hundreds of dollars a year to play this game have a right to complain about being mostly ignored. 1 post a year saying that they acknowledge all the problems and poor performance in PVP and that they're going to work on it this year isn't enough. The post is 3-5 years too late. There are so many bugs in PVE that have existed for months and years as well that don't get fixed. Either spend some of the money you're making on this game to hire more devs to fix things and refresh your hardware or shut the game down. It seems like every time changes are made they break more things than they fix. The way heavy attacks with lightning staffs worked for years was fine. Now a couple of months ago I don't know what they were trying to do, but they screwed up game mechanics that had worked fine for years. Does anyone even test the changes the devs are making? It doesn't seem so.