The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Something Odd I noticed on TTC website

jasonhunter
jasonhunter
✭✭✭
Hi Guys

I use TTC alot, and today I noticed something odd. I listed an Item and went later to check on it. I noticed that showed me listing the Item in a Guild I have never been a member in (The one in Vivec City). How is that even possible?
Anyone else notice this?

NP8r7Px.jpg
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it were Tuesday, I'd ask if your guild was in that spot in Vivec City before the trader flip, because sometimes that can cause weirdness with guild locations in TTC listings. But I'm not sure if that would be in play here given the timestamps you're working with, unless that's an old screenshot.

Still, it's the only idea I've got, so I'll toss it out there.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • jasonhunter
    jasonhunter
    ✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    If it were Tuesday, I'd ask if your guild was in that spot in Vivec City before the trader flip, because sometimes that can cause weirdness with guild locations in TTC listings. But I'm not sure if that would be in play here given the timestamps you're working with, unless that's an old screenshot.

Still, it's the only idea I've got, so I'll toss it out there.

Thanks for your reply. I listed the item after the trader switch. I dont currently know if that even was our spot before that to begin with. I think I listed it at around 15 o clock this afternoon.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @jasonhunter I just had the very same thing happen!

I was checking prices on an item I had listed and on the TTC website it showed the 2 that were listed in one of my guilds BUT directly below it showed 2 MORE listed in my name in a guild I have never been in!

This is very odd! :o
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might be that you were the one to upload that data? I'm not 100% sure how it works, I just know sometimes it says "Community" instead of a name, which leads me to believe that those ones are uploaded without being logged in to the client.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always play with the client open in the background and do scan the stores of my trade guilds every day.

I'm just not sure how data ends up showing my items for sale in guilds I have never been in on the TTC website.

As I said it's very weird and not something I've never noticed before, I do use the website a LOT, so if it were happening before recently I would've thought I would've noticed it. :)
    Edited by freespirit on January 14, 2022 6:38PM
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Uhm, I just noticed that some items I listed on Tuesday after the trader flip aren't showing on the website.
    This is very odd as I didn't sell them yet and they are listed for a couple of days already.
    No wonder I don't sell them.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Things like this are why I don't trust TTC.

Guideline for prices, maybe sometimes sort of. Absolute authority about prices, no.
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed this too as of late, it has definitely curbed my sales as well with players going to the wrong trader and likely thinking the item has sold since it's not there. There may be some sort of database/backend/addon issue that needs addressed. The owner of TTC quit playing ESO years ago but still keeps the site going for now. I am not sure how much the actual site is maintained/updated though. Back in September of last year I contacted them to add a new crafting motif that was not on the site and they were nice enough to add it. Someone may want to contact them about this particular issue to see what can be done.

Edited by scorpius2k1 on January 14, 2022 11:03PM
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @scorpius2k1 hopefully a friend who has more knowledge than myself has contacted the author via esoui.

I believe the website is still relatively well maintained as new items do make it on to it within a couple of weeks usually, although having said that the Crimson Oath motif pages haven't appeared yet. :)

However the Nord Carved Armour style pages from the recent event are now searchable there. :)
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been a while since I was in the TTC guild. There were individuals assigned to various locations and they would collect the information and upload them to the website.

If I recall, the addon would record any items viewed at the traders you visited and then the client would send that information to the website.

Unfortunately, there have been a few cases were individuals have altered the upload file before it is transmitted to post insults in some of the fields displayed on website listings.

Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's sad, people are such idiots! :(
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed this too as of late, it has definitely curbed my sales as well with players going to the wrong trader and likely thinking the item has sold since it's not there. There may be some sort of database/backend/addon issue that needs addressed. The owner of TTC quit playing ESO years ago but still keeps the site going for now. I am not sure how much the actual site is maintained/updated though. Back in September of last year I contacted them to add a new crafting motif that was not on the site and they were nice enough to add it. Someone may want to contact them about this particular issue to see what can be done.
    freespirit wrote: »
    @scorpius2k1 hopefully a friend who has more knowledge than myself has contacted the author via esoui.

I believe the website is still relatively well maintained as new items do make it on to it within a couple of weeks usually, although having said that the Crimson Oath motif pages haven't appeared yet. :)

However the Nord Carved Armour style pages from the recent event are now searchable there. :)
    They may need notified about the missing motif since they likely will not be aware of it. Usually a quick turnaround time adding missing items once notified though. I might send a message over if I have time this weekend regarding that and especially for the incorrect guild trader issue. That would definitely seem to have some importance since it essentially breaks a major function of the site.

🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Years ago I had the impression that TTC would sometimes list an item as being in a different guild (presumably in the same city) than it actually was being offered from.

• freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe but the trader I saw my items in earlier(on the website) was in a city that none of my guilds have ever held a trader in.

Basically appeared to be completely random :(
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

Guideline for prices, maybe sometimes sort of. Absolute authority about prices, no.
    TTC isn't meant to be an absolute authority on prices anyway, since all it really does is show where things are listed and for what prices. It doesn't show what things are actually selling for on average, that's what MM and similar addons are for.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    JKorr wrote: »

TTC isn't meant to be an absolute authority on prices anyway, since all it really does is show where things are listed and for what prices. It doesn't show what things are actually selling for on average, that's what MM and similar addons are for.

Apparently, it isn't showing accurate information about locations or traders either. If the traders are in cities the guilds don't have traders in, then its not really useful at all.