Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Charged and elemental status effects got out of hand

divnyi
divnyi
✭✭✭✭✭
We once had a mechanic that made you immune to status effects if you have any elemental resist of that type. It was removed to give DKs breathing space.

Once again we nuke mechanics out of the game instead of fixing them (health recovery, cough cough).

Reduction of chance to get status effect (reverse to charged) would be balanced thing - once it's not full immunity.
Counter to magdk meta would exist in a form of fire resist enchants.

Right now, elemental enchants have zero purpose. 3k def? Is it a joke?
I'd say many enchants should be re-evaluated, we have almost zero choice now. This is bad design.

And why Burning Spellweave burn stacks with regular burn? :expressionless:
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    And why Burning Spellweave burn stacks with regular burn? :expressionless:

I don't think it does. I haven't tested it this patch to be fair but when I looked at it before, BSW applied a bog standard burning, at the point of proc, to the initial target only. It didn't appear to stack with burning from other sources, indeed I don't think you can stack multiple versions of the same status effect. Nor does it apply again in the cooldown period. In short, it's a nice little bonus but not that great. If you're running embers or signif flame damage with charged you'll get high burning uptime anyway.

As to the rest, I think charged is finally competitive but not more than that. If you look around at the dk builds peopel are touting (and they're the only ones who wd be running charged as far as I can see) quite a few are still running sharpened in place of it in pvp. I'm still playing around with my dk guy but it feels a bit of a wash to me between the two of them. And that, ofc is on a dk that's getting sustain out of it. Unless Im missing something in their passives, I wouldn't run it on my other toons in place of sharpened or maybe nirn.

That said, the enchants prob could use a look across the piece. I mean, I don't know the last time anyone looked at them was, but Im guessing a while back.