The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stamina Sorcerer needs an execute ability

Hescrow
Hescrow
✭✭
Hello everyone !

In order to give more identity and as many stamina sorcerers think, this class needs more stamina morphs especially an execute spell such as Mage's Fury but in stamina morph version like Mage's Wrath.

My suggestion is to combine the good spell like Crystal Weapon and Mage's Fury for having a true Lightning Warrior :

Name: Warrior's Wrath

Types of damage:
Physical Damage

Cast Time: Instant
Target: Self
Radius: 4 meters
Cost: 2295 Stamina

Skill description
Encase your weapon in lightning bolts for 6 seconds, causing your next Light or Heavy Attack to deal an additional 2249 Physical Damage.
If the enemy falls to or below 40% Health within 4 seconds of being struck, an explosion deals an additional 3195 Physical Damage to them and 1438 Physical Damage to other enemies nearby.

OR if it seems to close to Crystal Weapon for you:

Types of damage:
Physical Damage

Cast Time: Instant
Target: Enemy
Maximum range: 7 meters
Radius: 4 meters
Cost: 2160 Stamina

Skill description
Slash your enemy with your weapon releasing a lightning bolt dealing 2249 Physical Damage.
If the enemy falls to or below 40% Health within 4 seconds of being struck, an explosion deals an additional 3195 Physical Damage to them and 1438 Physical Damage to other enemies nearby.

What do you think?

To your keyboards folks ! :smiley:
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mage's Fury and its morphs are garbage. I don't know anyone who uses them on a magsorc.

Not every class needs an execute. While I prefer them, you can be more than effective without. With the magcro and mag DK being prime examples
    Edited by El_Borracho on January 11, 2022 8:04PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will say, if they did that light attack augmentation with it, Mag Sorcs would wreck shop with that morph. Even with physical damage, being able to load that up with ele weapon and overload would be strong.

But really, the execute as is is pretty solid. You can certainly use it on stam, especially with how much they have homogenized stats and scaling.
    Mage's Fury and its morphs are garbage. I don't know anyone who uses them on a magsorc.

Not every class needs an execute. While I prefer them, you can be more than effective without. With the magcro and mag DK being prime examples

For PVP, most mag sorcs use it.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Sorcerer has an Execute. It's called Reverse Slash and it's found on the 2-handed skill line, and it's morph, Executioner, is probably the best execute in the entire game.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @jaws343 True, I was focusing on PVE. I thought the OP was too, as he was suggesting a heavy attack proc
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And if you are that desperate for one - Kvatch Gladiator
    Too many toons not enough time
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina sorc looking for a class identity.. looking at all the threads suggesting to remove the cloak from nightblade.. *rolls eyes*...
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be more fun if Mages Wrath morphs were updated. Make Endless Fury a base ability effect and let all versions scale with your highest offensive stats. One morph needs to be viable on Stam in terms of its cost.
    Mages Wrath
    Call down lightning to strike an enemy, dealing 871 Shock Damage. If the enemy falls to or below 20% Health within 4 seconds of being struck, an explosion deals an additional 3195 Shock Damage to them and 1598 Shock Damage to other enemies nearby. This ability scales with your highest offensive stats.

Mages Fury
    Call down lightning to strike an enemy, dealing 871 Shock Damage and returning 60% of the Magicka cost. If the enemy falls to or below 20% Health within 4 seconds of being struck, an explosion deals an additional 3195 Shock Damage to them and 1598 Shock Damage to other enemies nearby. If the enemy is killed within 5 seconds of being hit with this ability, you restore 3645 Magicka. This ability scales with your highest offensive stats.
    (viable on Stam)

Storm’s Wrath
    Call down lightning to strike an enemy, dealing 871 Shock Damage. If the enemy falls to or below 20% Health within 4 seconds of being struck, an explosion deals an additional 3195 Shock Damage to them and 1598 Shock Damage to other enemies nearb. If the enemy is standing within your Lightning Splash, the initial hit damage is increased by 200% and can chain to nearby enemies. This ability scales with your highest offensive stats.
  • BronzeCaiman
    BronzeCaiman
    ✭✭✭
    daim wrote: »
    Stamina sorc looking for a class identity.. looking at all the threads suggesting to remove the cloak from nightblade.. *rolls eyes*...

In terms of pvp it would be nice if my tab target would actually reapply itself when cloak finishes, since it can track players across an entire BG but nightblades are able to drop it in a heartbeat.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather it have a spammable that connects in pvp.

Crystal Weapon being tied to light attacks means you cast it, then your light attack doesn't hit, so you do no damage for a gcd.

It's trash.

Just make it a skill that needs a target so it can hit them.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Stamina Sorcerer has an Execute. It's called Reverse Slash and it's found on the 2-handed skill line, and it's morph, Executioner, is probably the best execute in the entire game.

This, I never use the class execute on my stamblade. This one does more base damage, ramps up earlier and has a morph for splash damage. And it uses less stamina, it's a no brainer.
  • PvP_Exploiter
    PvP_Exploiter
    ✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    I'd rather it have a spammable that connects in pvp.

Crystal Weapon being tied to light attacks means you cast it, then your light attack doesn't hit, so you do no damage for a gcd.

It's trash.

Just make it a skill that needs a target so it can hit them.

Then use a different spammable