The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

So... Is "Spell Wall" worth using aggressively in Battlegrounds related PvP?

Jusey1
Jusey1
✭✭✭✭
I don't care much for Cyrodiil PvP but been enjoying Battlegrounds a lot. I have used this ultimate a lot too in it and has seen a lot of success with it but I can't be sure if this is due to a MMR thing or something else (does Battlegrounds have a proper MMR or ELO system even? Some people said no before on the forums so am not sure)... So wanted to ask here. It seems pretty strong since it allows me have a decently strong defense will keeping maximum offense, making it easy to charge right into a large fight and even go far as getting a quadra kill (or more), but again... MMR ordeal. Not sure. If I want to invest playing Battlegrounds a lot more, I want to make sure I can invest into the long run.

Note: I am running Stam-Warden with a 2H bar as my main DPS and using Shield on my secondary bar for utility. I tend to pop "Spell Wall" then swap back to my 2H for my DPS. The ultimate works with any weapon as long as you activated on a Shield bar, which I think surprises a lot of players I go up against. I had a few times where a player completely stop after I reflected their projectile with my 2H out like "What...? That works?" (Found it to be pretty funny myself, not gonna lie).
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a good ultimate and that's a valid way to use it. In the long run you may, however, find that you need your offensive ultimate to kill better players. My rule of thumb is to use my offensive ultimate 99% of the time in PvP, although I'm prone to using Spell Wall on magplar, a class I don't play a lot.

The effect of MMR can be clearly felt most of the time. For example I've had success with a stamsorc Brawler (2H skill) build in low MMR BGs. It doesn't work nearly as well in Cyro / IC. I should say I'm on PC EU, the platform with the highest population. That might be why MMR works there.
    Edited by fred4 on January 11, 2022 6:16AM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB