Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Forge (Doomchar Plateau) Build

xaraan
xaraan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
When we got Doomchar Plateau, I wasn't sure what to do with it as it didn't fit with any of my characters and in trying a few things ended up turning it into a two-story squat tower build (sealed off from the outside) I called The Forge. Seems to fit with the embers floating in the air and the initial orange lighting of the home, though I did try and counter some of that using blue and white lighting where possible.

When you first enter through the portal, you see the stairwell to the Forge straight ahead:
gPX9Udf.jpg

The bottom floor has been turned into a simple arrival area with quick access to storage chests, banker, merchant, sitting areas (with stain glass windows) and a treasure room (gated and guarded for protection of course) directly behind the portal:

43XWTri.jpg
MDcXIwA.jpg
xHvtlwY.jpg
c87lhX9.jpg
Z9VGwSR.jpg
pq1WzZM.jpg

The stairwell leading up to the forge with a statue of the craftsman: St. Kaladas
1imwNt5.jpg

The landing before the turn of the stair to the forge has a sitting area where Sereyne and Arox are currently enjoying a game against each other:
eZEpbcj.jpg
ttOiOa6.jpg

The entrance to the forge has a well lit (with as even lighting as possible for outfitting) with the outfit and armory stations:
hdDSuVD.jpg

The Forge:
The main floor of the squat tower has the assortment of standard crafting stations with the central feature of the blacksmith's forge, with huge dwarven machinery moving air into and out of the space.
CPg3a7D.jpg
1Zpdgf9.jpg
fqx40Eg.jpg

Each craft gets a work area along each wall of the octagon:
TgBMABL.jpg
OjSjQPc.jpg
3uZRPvY.jpg
With the transmute station directly opposite entrance:
6BK3Acr.jpg

And that's it. A simple build shutting off the plane to turn the Plateau into a private forge that can only be entered via the portal.
Feel free to visit if you are on PC/NA, it's open house in EHT.

Edited by xaraan on January 9, 2022 11:24PM
-- @xaraan --
nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
AD • NA • PC
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Great idea! Nice area to go to and just do some crafting in a custom build!

I might be inspired to do something similar (though lees awesome) when I finally get all the structural plans.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's beautiful.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks great! The structure is very cohesive and elegant, it looks like it could be a part of the game, and you've added really nice details with the vines, the windows and the statues. I also like the treasure vault and the orgrim standing guard :smile:
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it! Fantastic job!
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking good! I've doing something similar with my build, just need to fill it up now.

yvghpri.jpg
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking good! I've doing something similar with my build, just need to fill it up now.

yvghpri.jpg

That's looking nice. I like the use of the floor pieces for the walls, keeps them a lot straighter. The wide deadland walls were a bit weirdly sized from top to bottom for just stacking straight up. My first idea was probably more similar to what you are doing: I was going to build a 'wizard's tower' of a sort of about 4-5 levels if build height allowed and keep the floor size to about the same size as the central octogon. Then use those stair pieces on the outside to create a stairway/landing system going around and around the tower. But I wasn't loving the embers floating in the air for a basic wizard tower and I ended up leaning toward the forge concept.

I will say that if you need to fill in any gaps or if anyone is doing a similar build with deadlands pieces, the volcanic rocks you can buy in VVardenfell match really well, it's what I used to fill gaps between walls and to create the arched ceiling in the forge room.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Valgret
    Valgret
    Wonderful! You made the beutiful house with many nice ideas!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome build and I love your crafting area! :smiley: I love the accessories you’ve arranged around each station and the mausoleum bookcases complement both the architecture and purpose as well! Thank you for sharing!
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »

yvghpri.jpg

That's looking nice. I like the use of the floor pieces for the walls, keeps them a lot straighter. The wide deadland walls were a bit weirdly sized from top to bottom for just stacking straight up. My first idea was probably more similar to what you are doing: I was going to build a 'wizard's tower' of a sort of about 4-5 levels if build height allowed and keep the floor size to about the same size as the central octogon. Then use those stair pieces on the outside to create a stairway/landing system going around and around the tower. But I wasn't loving the embers floating in the air for a basic wizard tower and I ended up leaning toward the forge concept.

I will say that if you need to fill in any gaps or if anyone is doing a similar build with deadlands pieces, the volcanic rocks you can buy in VVardenfell match really well, it's what I used to fill gaps between walls and to create the arched ceiling in the forge room.

Thanks!! The forge concept is off the hook and it just has a good feel. My concept for the home is more of a "The Last Tavern in Oblivion", the two upstairs leads to an open air tavern area/theme, I didn't want walls to hide the outside environment but I can't escape the idea that something is missing, so I built a kitchen area in the back but I'm still on the fence.....it's a work in progress and it usually takes me several months to complete a home, currently working on two others too....Cold Harbor and Moon Sugar Meadow.

Cheers!

Qe1Z72Z.jpg

xHZJBEq.jpg

atnrC3M.jpg

qwfM680.jpg
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction