The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Getting snared ..help

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Hello,

I am still terrible at PvP, especially 1:1...might as well just give you my lunch money.

My Templar is Running Pariah (5pc) which I think gives me an extra second of live. I also put on Ring of the Wild Hunt, and try to keep moving. (I think this has helped me a bit)

It is mostly getting snared which does me in...sometimes I can break free, other times, I can't. So I take the beating, the victor marvels at how fast the kill was, I am doing a reso at some base.

Is there a set? potion? Mythic? Attribute? I can add or consider changing to?

Thoughts or Suggestions, please?

Tanks,

Z
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭
    You mean snared as in slowed down? Shuffle, race against time and forward momentum remove snares and gives you a Short period of immunity. Cleans remove the snare, but provides No immunity. Snow threader prevents you from being snared all the time, but you cant sprint.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    You mean snared as in slowed down? Shuffle, race against time and forward momentum remove snares and gives you a Short period of immunity. Cleans remove the snare, but provides No immunity. Snow threader prevents you from being snared all the time, but you cant sprint.

Hey @angelofdeath333

Thanks for helping me out.

Race against time! Nice! I can use this if snared!

I guess I did not mean snared. Maybe stunned. I am frozen in a knelt position, kind of like after getting bashed. Is that the same as a knock down?

Maybe I am not using the right terminology
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you got stunned. Slot slippery from the red tree, immovability potions for an added immunity and remember to break free if you get stunned. The heavy armor ability unstippable does the same thing but kind of locks you in place.

Like angel of death said, you shd though have snare removal too tho. If stam slot a 2h and momentum, if mag, race against time. If in medium use evasion.

Generally speaking, if you're having to break free remeber to roll dodge imediately after. because you can bet that your opponent is about to drop his burst.
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭
    Youre unable to performe any actions when youre stunned, and you need to break free. You can try immovable pots, they give you 13-15 seconds of immunity
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you have stamina sustain in your build.

You need it to break free.

You can do this in a few ways.

Firstly, get more max stamina in your build. Use tri-stat food like bewitched sugar skulls. Using tri-stat enchants, especially on large pieces of gear (head, chest and legs) can help.

You can also include stamina regen in your build. My magica templar uses Orzogas Smoked Beat Haunch as the food. It gives health, magica regen and stamina regen. So I can break free at well as dodge roll a lot.

But if you block a lot, stamina regen is less useful, as you get 0 while blocking. Sturdy on your armour can help if you do block a lot. If you roll a lot, like I do on my build, stamina regen is good, as well as using well-fitted on your amour.

Use tripots. These give health, stamina and magica back, as well as increasing all three regens by 30%. So a big initial boost, and some more over time.

Also, there's a red champion point called relentlessness. This gives you major protection for 3 seconds when you get stunned. So you get a decent bit of survivability when you're usually most at risk. Break free, heal up and you've reset the fight.
    Edited by Brrrofski on January 9, 2022 11:04PM
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As said above, immovability pots are a lifesaver. If you don't mind giving up some damage (or whatever) for very increased survivability, toss the potion boost glyphs on your jewelry as well, at least until you get better at reacting and breaking free. I ran them for quite a while and it helped me get a lot better, because I wasn't just stunned or dead all the time.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Make sure you have stamina sustain in your build.

You need it to break free.

You can do this in a few ways.

Firstly, get more max stamina in your build. Use tri-stat food like bewitched sugar skulls. Using tri-stat enchants, especially on large pieces of gear (head, chest and legs) can help.

You can also include stamina regen in your build. My magica templar uses Orzogas Smoked Beat Haunch as the food. It gives health, magica regen and stamina regen. So I can break free at well as dodge roll a lot.

But if you block a lot, stamina regen is less useful, as you get 0 while blocking. Sturdy on your armour can help if you do block a lot. If you roll a lot, like I do on my build, stamina regen is good, as well as using well-fitted on your amour.

Having enough stam to break free, roll dodge, block, sprint is a good point. Personally, I like to have at least 15k stam on a mag character. Some may go for more. I've seen builds where people are running 18k. There are some monster helms which give 1k stam + 1k mag. Pretty stat dense.

There's a point though that a gigantic pool isn't that helpful if you can't regen it. You're just going to die one roll dodge later. Personally, I'd rather have a slightly smaller pool and better sustain. While it's prob not meta, I think the advice on running double sustain food is a good one. It really does helps survivability.

That said Orzogas is likely to be v expensive because it requires perfect roe. I use jewels of misrule iinstead. Its dirt cheap to buy and dirt cheap to make. Orzogas gives you 3724 Max Health increases Stamina and Magicka Recovery by 319 plus gives you and 351 Health Recovery. Jewels gives you nearly as much health (3511) plus the 319 Stamina and Magicka Recovery, it just doesn't give you the health recovery. But given Im pretty sure battle spirit still halves health recovery, Id save the gold...

If you're worried about trading 3k max mag and some damage to run something like that, one thing you could experiment with is switching some max stam to max mag. Like I say, I think a smaller pool with better sustain trumps a bigger pool with crap sustain. But, ofc, that doesn't work if you're blocking alot as you don't regen.

ps - yes traits too. Impen got nerfed, so I think the days of running full impen are long gone. Id rather run a few well fitted and maybe the unassailable cp, maybe sturdy on a shield.
    Edited by Larcomar on January 10, 2022 10:42AM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is a mythic, snow treaders, that might prevent a lot of what you seem to be referring to @Zama666 (roots and snares). If you're already using Shuffle though I think that is better overall because of major evasion, you just have to be diligent about using it every 5-6 seconds instead of letting it go its duration. Snow treaders can also kind of stop working in lag heavy situations in my experience, but it can still be worthwhile as an option. You also have Race Against Time as a psijic option that removes roots and snares but only prevents them for 2 seconds as opposed to 1 second for each piece of medium armor for shuffle (5-7 seconds).

And I would echo the suggestion of running extra stam, 18-20k if you can through food and enchants.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Youre unable to performe any actions when youre stunned, and you need to break free. You can try immovable pots, they give you 13-15 seconds of immunity

LMAO....I got these and they don't work at all.
  • HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    Hello,

I am still terrible at PvP, especially 1:1...might as well just give you my lunch money.

My Templar is Running Pariah (5pc) which I think gives me an extra second of live. I also put on Ring of the Wild Hunt, and try to keep moving. (I think this has helped me a bit)

It is mostly getting snared which does me in...sometimes I can break free, other times, I can't. So I take the beating, the victor marvels at how fast the kill was, I am doing a reso at some base.

Is there a set? potion? Mythic? Attribute? I can add or consider changing to?

Thoughts or Suggestions, please?

Tanks,

Z

Based on a follow up post, you're talking about being stunned (the kneeling animation + inability to do anything until the effect is over).

The answer to your question is a bit more involved. But we can work through a few solutions in order of increasing complexity (from simple answer to a more complex but comprehensive answer)

(1) learn to break free quicker and more consistently when stunned. (An add-on called "Miat's CC Tracker" will be immensely helpful as the add-on will play a sound when you're CC'd and will display the name and icon of the ability that CC'd you along with a timer so you know how long the stun lasts if you don't break free.)

(2) Build more stamina / stamina sustain into your character. You need enough stamina generation to break free every 7 seconds with some left over to block / sprint. You might want to run a stamina-based weapon on one of your bars (sword and shield back bar or 2h front bar) so you can heavy attack to regain some stam during combat.

(3) Build more health. Problem might actually be that your health is too low to survive burst reliably. Usually, you'll get hit with a large chunk of damage when you get CC'd. If your max health is not high enough, you won't survive some of these burst attempts. With magplar, I'd shoot for 28-31k max HP.

Other than the above, you might just want to continue to practice. Find someone who will duel you over and over again and focus on what stuns you and breaking free quickly. If you run out of stamina just breaking free (no blocking or dodge-rolling) in these duels, it's time to get some more stam sustain. If you die before you run out of stamina because you can't handle the burst, time to add more HP. etc.

Good luck.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »
    As said above, immovability pots are a lifesaver. If you don't mind giving up some damage (or whatever) for very increased survivability, toss the potion boost glyphs on your jewelry as well, at least until you get better at reacting and breaking free. I ran them for quite a while and it helped me get a lot better, because I wasn't just stunned or dead all the time.

Hi @Kwoung

I guess you pop the potion right before conflict - I need to be faster on my quickslot!
    And the potion boost on the glyphs - AWESOME! Had no idea!

Thank you!
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same. I also call shenanigans on CC immunity. I never seem to have any. This is on a high stam, decent health slippery using NB. I get serial stunned even with immovables on, and break free doesn't seem to function reliably, if at all some days.

PCNA
    PCEU
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »

Same. I also call shenanigans on CC immunity. I never seem to have any. This is on a high stam, decent health slippery using NB. I get serial stunned even with immovables on, and break free doesn't seem to function reliably, if at all some days.

I was wondering about the immovable potions - maybe the only work in PVE?

Suspecting break free not working for me might have to do with lag.....

• Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The immovability pots are not a cure all to every type of lockdown, but they work every time for me. I drink them just before I need them though, never tried using one to break free, so can't speak to that working or not.
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭
    Oh i forgot about mistform. That removes any snare and gives you immunity to literally everything while youre in it. It also gives you major expedition, but you cant sprint.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »

The immovability pots are not a cure all to every type of lockdown, but they work every time for me. I drink them just before I need them though, never tried using one to break free, so can't speak to that working or not.

I haven't noticed them working on anything. I was using "unstoppable, health, invis" pots under the impression Unstoppable effect makes you immune to being stunned or knocked down for a short time. Nope. So I don't bother with it anymore. I was using these every cooldown from the previous pot.

The Slippery CP star is for breaking free "While you are affected by a disabling effect, you automatically Break Free for no cost. After using this effect, you become Winded and cannot trigger this effect or others like it for 21 seconds." Even with the freebie, I actively 'break free' in case. The animation is very specific for this on success yes 90% of the time in cyro it never works. Supposedly after breaking free, the player is immune to crowd control effects for 7 seconds afterwards. My stam is over 35K with good recovery yet I am serial stunned repeatedly.

Something is not right.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zama666 everybody is mentioning high-level strats, I will explain the basics.

There are 2 types of crowd control in this game: stun/pull and root/snare.

Stun locks you out from any action, except pressing "interrupt" to break free. Break free costs something approx ~4.5k stam. After you break free (or stun ends) you get 7s of stun immunity.

Pulls work the same way - it displaces you and pulls you towards the caster if you don't have stun immunity at the moment you are hit. You are briefly stunned during the fly, but you don't really need to break free - stun ends immediately after you are pulled. Saves you 4.5k, but displacement into enemy team is even deadlier than regular stun.

Root (called immobilization ingame, but both terms are used) locks you out of movement completely, but you can still use all the skills. Root can be reapplied every 4s, making AoE root pressure one of the deadliest resource draining strategies in the teamfight.

To remove root, you either need to roll, or you need to cast abilities that give you root immune. There is also mythic called Snow Threaders, that is very effective if you stack lots of movement speed - practically, it makes you faster than Ring of Wild Hunt if you invest all into speed, but Ring of Wild Hunt is more effective if you can't afford to invest a lot.

Beware that stun and root might look the same to new players, and it's rookie mistake to stand in root and do bash motions (interrupt for stuns).

Snares slow you down by some percentage. They are more common as they are present on lots of offensive skills, and are very effective tool to 2vs1 a lone enemy. I don't remember if they cleanse or not on dodge - somebody here can correct me. Immunity against roots also works, that's why it's so meta, especially if you want to 1vX.

If you have both stun and immobilize (DK fossilize apply both, for example, or it can just happen at the same time), you need to break stun first, then dodge.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No kidding, yet I'm telling you it doesn't work even remotely reliably. There is also no immunity after extracting yourself from the mess. I routinely break free then dodge but neither will work so I'm standing there like an idiot. I use immovable pots which should give me stun immunity... They do not. continuous stuns after the first.

Its incredibly irritating.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm writing having only skimmed previous answers, but think I have something to add.

Number one is Zoal. Templar is a melee class. Zoal works great on magicka melee specs. I'm running it on my magplar. Combined with Slippery CP this results in automatic break free and counter stun. Foils stamblade ganks in many cases.

Number two is Radiant Magelight. Templars tend to build for spell damage, not magicka. In case you're slotting this skill as a templar, use this morph, not Inner Light. It passively protects against some forms of stun.

Number three is Mist Form. I've never played vamps to any extent, but Mist Form is historically the answer to everything and, I believe, some magicka specs still run it. You reduce damage, avoid it by repositioning (use Elusive Mist) and gain some breathing room while you regenerate stamina. Most annoyingly to the attacker, Mist Form breaks tab targetting. If I attack you, I have you tab targetted and can see your white outline through walls and obstacles. Mist Form cancels that.

The following points come from a player who does not use Mist Form:

Number four is Race Against Time. Already mentioned and a no brainer. I personally also like Wild Hunt in most builds, including magplar. Not Snow Treaders. The ability to sprint and Wild Hunt feels better overall. The only class where I kind of like Snow Treaders is my stamsorc.

Number five is Restoring Focus. Stamina sustain has been mentioned, but I didn't find "Restoring" in my search. Some people go for Sugar Skulls and build for a decent stamina pool, maybe 20K. This does not work for me. I build with all Hakeijo enchants, landing at a stamina pool of 15K to 17K in CP. I use drinks of one description or another. I build for stamina sustain rather than a larger pool. If you are building for any kind of semi-serious stamina sustain, which you IMO should as a non Mist user, then Restoring Focus is the overlooked first choice that everyone should IMO use, but they don't. Get your magicka sustain from elsewhere (Atronach mundus, drinks, an armor set - see below). Restoring Focus gives you stam sustain, even while blocking or sprinting. It feels good, especially with Race Against Time. Why would you get your stam sustain from somewhere else? Engine Guardian is another option in the same vein, but we're wearing Zoal. Engine Guardian is also very nice, but inconsistent.

Number six is Well Fitted armor. Impenetrable gear gives you so little, these days, Well Fitted has become an option. Maybe not for everyone, but more dodge rolls are good. My philosophy is to do everything to bring melee magicka builds closer to how stamina plays. It works for me.

Number seven is Wretched Vitality. I have played tanky magplars in the past when Pirate Skeleton was a thing and when Pariah worked better for me. This is playstyle dependent, but I loathe heavy armor setups. I feel more survivable in fast light or medium armor setups with dodge roll sustain. That's why I wear Wretched Vitality and I use Restoring Focus. I use Witchmother's Potent Brew with that setup. Otherwise I'd use a dual regen drink, such as Bear Haunch or even Hissmir Fisheye Rye. Wretched Vitality being back barrable and triggered from RAT and Restoring Focus, which you cast constantly while on the go, works well and results in an efficient build pattern, leaving room for monster, mythic, another full set and 1x Trainee. The same cannot be said for Pariah.

Number eight is stuff I've heard from other players. In the past wearing Cyrodiil's Light, using the Psijic Meditate skill and Mist Form, before it was a toggle, was a thing.

You can probably guess my build from all I've said, but let me spell it out:

1x heavy, 1x medium, 5x light, all Well Fitted, all Prismatic enchants
    2x Zoal (light)
    1x Trainee chest (heavy)
    1x Wild Hunt
    5x Deadly Strike on front bar (lightning staff, 2x jewelry, 1x Legs)
    5x Wretched Vitality on back bar (1H + Shield) and body

Defense comes from dodge rolling, blocking on the back bar or the Spell Wall ult, Living Dark and Honor the Dead.

Wearing Zoal, I do not use Immovability potions. I use Spell Power / Detection / Magicka pots by default. If I was using Degeneration, I'd probably use tri-pots.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let me qualify my previous post. I am instinctively a medium armor and, nowadays, light armor dodge rolling player. I don't like the hit your damage takes in heavy and I don't like the way it sustains. Heavy is good in brawls. As long as you get hit, you get both stam and mag, small amounts, all the time. Heavy does not feel good, if you want to sprint or reposition. At least not in my past experience. However, if you are a heavy armor player and, perhaps, a high elf to boot - who also gets mag and stam from a racial passive, even while blocking if not sprinting - you may feel differently about what I have outlined above. You are, in fact, also getting some stam sustain independent of your stam regen. Just like me, but in a different way.

It may be the same thing if you're dual-wielding on the front bar. You can heavy attack for stam regen. I have tried heavy attacking for stam regen on my 1H+Shield bar and can confirm that does NOT work for me. Not on a build with a small stamina pool where those attacks have to sometimes land or you're dead. Maybe that would feel different with doing heavy attacks on your offensive bar, I don't know. I prefer the lightning staff on the offensive bar, so I can heavy attack for magicka sustain as needed. I find 1H+Shield tankier than using a resto staff on the back bar. DW / resto would be the alternative option, I suppose, which would also give you opportunities to restore both resources via heavy attacks.
    Edited by fred4 on January 18, 2022 7:16AM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just a thought. Are you on PC? Have you remapped the bash / break free key from the two mouse buttons to some single key? It helps immensely.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    By the way, I automatically assumed you're playing magicka templar, because of your break free / stam sustain issues. Confirm?

While the stuff revolving around potions is true, I think it is somewhat of a red herring. What you need is stam sustain and you need to remap your break free key, if not already. Immovability potions were thoroughly nerfed long ago. The effect lasts 10.4 seconds out of 45. You cannot rely on it. Even a ganker may simply wait you out, unless of course you manage to kill them within the stealth detection window that potion also includes.

Extending the time to 15 seconds with one potion duration extension glyph feels marginally worth it, but not for a templar. I'm talking nightblade or sorc here, where you may simply disengage when the time is up. If you go further down this path with, say, all Infused potion glyph jewelry, you will quickly nerf your damage or sustain into wet noodle territory. The exception is the so-called "thirsty Argonian" build. You can get potion cooldown down to 21 seconds. It's only really worth attempting on an Argonian where your passives mean you will sustain that way and can invest fully into damage elsewhere, notably by using Clever Alchemist. You better have a lot of gold for such a build. Chugging potions is expensive.

An interesting option is the Assassin's Guile set, by which means you can extend the duration of poisons by 4 seconds. There is a 4.4 second poison that will root an enemy and give you immovability. Assassin's Guile extends that duration to 8.4s. Poisons can fire every 10 seconds. This theoretically gives you a very high uptime, but only while you are knee deep in combat. In practice poisons feel too unreliable for this to be worth it in my experience. That's why I like Zoal so much. You still need to break free, but the counter stun typically neuters a lot of damage that people are about to do to you. It's a reliable proc that works well. Only while you are fighting in melee range, but that covers a lot of scenarios as a templar.
    Edited by fred4 on January 18, 2022 6:47PM
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    By the way, I automatically assumed you're playing magicka templar, because of your break free / stam sustain issues. Confirm?

While the stuff revolving around potions is true, I think it is somewhat of a red herring. What you need is stam sustain and you need to remap your break free key, if not already. Immovability potions were thoroughly nerfed long ago. The effect lasts 10.4 seconds out of 45. You cannot rely on it. Even a ganker may simply wait you out, unless of course you manage to kill them within the stealth detection window that potion also includes.

Extending the time to 15 seconds with one potion duration extension glyph feels marginally worth it, but not for a templar. I'm talking nightblade or sorc here, where you may simply disengage when the time is up. If you go further down this path with, say, all Infused potion glyph jewelry, you will quickly nerf your damage or sustain into wet noodle territory. The exception is the so-called "thirsty Argonian" build. You can get potion cooldown down to 21 seconds. It's only really worth attempting on an Argonian where your passives mean you will sustain that way and can invest fully into damage elsewhere, notably by using Clever Alchemist. You better have a lot of gold for such a build. Chugging potions is expensive.

An interesting option is the Assassin's Guile set, by which means you can extend the duration of poisons by 4 seconds. There is a 4.4 second poison that will root an enemy and give you immovability. Assassin's Guile extends that duration to 8.4s. Poisons can fire every 10 seconds. This theoretically gives you a very high uptime, but only while you are knee deep in combat. In practice poisons feel too unreliable for this to be worth it in my experience. That's why I like Zoal so much. You still need to break free, but the counter stun typically neuters a lot of damage that people are about to do to you. It's a reliable proc that works well. Only while you are fighting in melee range, but that covers a lot of scenarios as a templar.

I think CC effects and immunity is an issue in this game. I have slippery, around 20K stamina, around 1k stamina recovery and usually have around 10-15k stamina. I am constantly stun and usually unable to breakfree after slippery is used which leaves me like a sitting duck.

I get hit by a templar toppling charge and get stunned but as a templar I know that if I break free I should get immunity but right after I breakfree (from slippery) I get hit by streak and I should have immunity to the stun because I just broke free from a stun. But nope, instead I'm stunned again. I try to break free but the game isn't letting me. I'm hitting the required buttons to break free. I try once nope, twice nope, three times nope, and finally on the forth attempt I break free. But each attempt uses stamina. I move away hoping not to get perma stun but guess what within a second I get stunned again and go down because I can't move.

Get up put on removable pots to help out. I also decide to use the skill radiant mage light.

I get to the battle area. I pop my potion and get ready I get hit by a NB that came from stealth. Slippery proc even though I should not need it because of Radiant Mage light and using my potion. My potion is still in effect and someone streaks by me and I'm stunned. I break free, surprisingly and I get hit again because I switched to my back bar for my big burst heals and because I don't have radiant light I get stunned and I go to break free but can't until the 3rd attempt and I try to dodge roll but can't and die.

That's a typical day for most of the players I talk to who play the game regularly. I believe NB should not be able to stun you out of stealth and get 100% crit. It should be one or the other, not both and the player should be able to pick which one they want.

Secondly, it takes an average of 3 attempts before I can break free from a stun and each attempt uses up stamina which makes it easier to stun me and kill me rather quickly.

The biggest issue I see is that the game immunity isn't working because I can break free and be stunned again within a second of breaking free. Game CC effects and immunity need to be reworked from the ground up because right now they don't always operate as intended.

Edited by MEBengalsFan2001 on January 18, 2022 9:28PM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get hit by a templar toppling charge and get stunned but as a templar I know that if I break free I should get immunity but right after I breakfree (from slippery) I get hit by streak and I should have immunity to the stun because I just broke free from a stun. But nope, instead I'm stunned again.
    Yep. That can happen. It is an edge case that doesn't happen to me very often to be honest. I believe the reason is that the immunity only kicks in after you've broken free, not while you are breaking free. In programming parlance this is called a race condition and, from that point of view, you could argue ZOS have indeed coded this incorrectly.
    I'm hitting the required buttons to break free.
    Buttons, plural? There is a problem, right there. Change the default mapping to a single key, if not already. It plays much better.
    I try once nope, twice nope, three times nope, and finally on the forth attempt I break free. But each attempt uses stamina.
    This doesn't really happen to me, but I never play in lag. I have a friend whom it happens to frequently, even in duels and even when my character works just fine. His muscle memory is on the slow side by his own admission, but there may be more going on here. For example there is a bug where you can become "break-free locked". Bash and break free are the same button. When you are "break-free locked", every bash will instead perform a break free and consume stamina accordingly, even outside of combat. I've had it happen to my characters, but rarely. Another bug. If this happens in the middle of combat, it's probably what you describe.
    I get to the battle area. I pop my potion and get ready I get hit by a NB that came from stealth. Slippery proc even though I should not need it because of Radiant Mage light and using my potion. My potion is still in effect and someone streaks by me and I'm stunned.
    I don't know about that. I believe you, because things like these sometimes happen to me, but not frequently. Playing on PC EU. Always recording and reviewing footage may shed more light ... or publishing tons of it on YouTube may cause some teeny tiny embarrassment for ZOS.
    Secondly, it takes an average of 3 attempts before I can break free from a stun and each attempt uses up stamina which makes it easier to stun me and kill me rather quickly.
    To be honest, while this can happen, it doesn't mirror my daily experience. I break free on a hair trigger. If a DK leaps me in a duel, I break free in the air and land on my feet. On the other hand one of my friends, but just one, also seems to have this problem a lot and I've seen it. Even in duels. I also think that multiple opponents CCing you can screw you over, due to the above race condition.