Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which Dungeons Can't Be Solo'd?

Jusey1
Jusey1
✭✭✭✭
So, I was curious after soloing Scalecaller Peak... Which dungeons actually cannot be solo'd due to mechanics? I only know Fungal Grotto 2 off the top of my head due to the instant kill mechanic a boss has (and there is no way of a companion actually being of any use in that situation), but is there any other?

I've been thinking of going through dungeons one by one as a solo (with a companion as a healer though) so trying to remember all the different dungeons and their mechanics right now to know which one I shouldn't waste time in trying.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Direfrost Keep should be to only one that can not be soloed. A few others like Whitegold Tower, Cradle of Shadows or Wayrest Sewers 2 also have mechanics that prevent soloing, but those can be cheesed with pets/companions. Fungal Grotto 2 can also be soloed.
    Edited by FakeFox on January 9, 2022 9:45AM
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    direfrost keep
    fungal grotto 2
    wayrest sewers 2
    crypt of hearts 2
    cradle of shadows
    moon hunter keep
    ...possibly others im not thinking of

really any dungeon that has a mechanic that locks you down that you cant cc out of (or cases like direfrost keep that require more than 1 person to progress the dungeon)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • GodLordOverlord
    GodLordOverlord
    Soul Shriven
    If you are determined enough, all of them can be soloed. I have done them all on normal, but some of them require special builds to solo. For example, in the last boss of Ruins of Mazzatun, you can't use your abilities for most of the fight, so you have to invest heavily into health and health recovery to survive while you don't have access to heals.

Like you mentioned, some bosses such as the one in Fungal Grotto 2 have lock down mechanics that normally need another player to break you out of. To beat these bosses, you need to have the Precognition ultimate from the Psijic skill line. This skill can be used while under crowd control and it allows you to reverse time by a few seconds. As far as I can remember, the only boss that this won't work on is the first one of Wayrest 2. However, there are a couple different techniques that can be used to beat her.

If you want help soloing a specific dungeon, I can give you advice.
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are determined enough, all of them can be soloed. I have done them all on normal, but some of them require special builds to solo. For example, in the last boss of Ruins of Mazzatun, you can't use your abilities for most of the fight, so you have to invest heavily into health and health recovery to survive while you don't have access to heals.

I ended up surviving with just heals from Mirri in all honesty. Not my favorite dungeon to solo though due to that final boss mechanic is annoying.
    Like you mentioned, some bosses such as the one in Fungal Grotto 2 have lock down mechanics that normally need another player to break you out of. To beat these bosses, you need to have the Precognition ultimate from the Psijic skill line.

Oh yeah. I forgot about this. I haven't done Summerset yet though on this character but I just finish Vvardenfell. So will be in Summerset soon.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I soloed FG2 with the help of a companion, a dino combat pet, a Pale Order ring and the fact that my WW is rather beefy. Companion and pet tore tiny pieces out of the enemy while she pierced my downed char with her blade. In the end my dino
    won.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Direfrost Keep can be soloed by Nightblades. Shoot an arrow at the troll behind the locked gate and then use Teleport Strike when he's close enough.
  • Krayvaan
    Krayvaan
    ✭✭
    CoS is soloable - at least on normal

Dranos' instagib pin-and-stab ability can be bypassed a couple of ways; and RNG can also help.

Psyjic Ult 'Precog' can get you out of it.

Also, on my Stamina DK, I found that every so often, (it seemed to be if I did enough damage - or perhaps just got lucky), he would put down his Burning Seal, the adds would pin me, but when he was winding up his one-shot he would switch to summoning the 3 shades and glow red. The one-shot would never come.
    With some well times Standard Of Might ult's, keeping my Companion alive, and a lot of luck, I eventually beat him.

Imperial City Prison can't be solo'd currently - due to the silly 2 level mechanic right before the Wardens Council.
    Unless you're on a Nightblade; or some other class that can teleport/blink fast enough to pull both levers in time.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »
    Direfrost Keep can be soloed by Nightblades. Shoot an arrow at the troll behind the locked gate and then use Teleport Strike when he's close enough.

this doesnt require a NB, any class with a ranged aoe and gap closer will work (i have done it on a templar with stampede)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial prison...Can't open the door by solo in half of dungeon progress.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial prison...Can't open the door by solo in half of dungeon progress.

ive seen it mentioned that a NB with shadow image could probably do that with the right timing and positioning, or maybe a sorc streak as there is a little leeway on the timing of the levers

but that limits soloing to 1, maybe 2 classes
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master