The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Haven't been seeing any surveys lately after turning in my daily writs...

ellmarie
ellmarie
✭✭✭
I haven't got any surveys as of late? Anyone else? Usually get one or two turning in my daily writs, but lately nada. I'm starting to get low on some of my alchemy ingredients too. Need another event when farming is double.
Playing on xbox x if it matters.
Xbox X- NA
  • Ankaridan
    Ankaridan
    ✭✭✭
    I got 4 this afternoon.
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    Ankaridan wrote: »
    I got 4 this afternoon.

Wow! Weird I haven't seen any.
    Xbox X- NA
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some days I don’t see any and I feel like I’ve been getting fewer these past weeks but I’ve never kept track so for now I think it’s just my perception.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do 18 characters, 7 daily writs each, and hold onto the boxes for 5-7 days at a time before going through them all. Usually get about 6-10 surveys each character when I go through it.
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    I've come to count on the surveys. I farm quite a bit, but without them that give you 20+ at a time, I can't replenish my ingredients quick enough. Customer service replies that it's totally random. ;) so I guess no one else reporting anything. Sigh, oh well I guess it's just lucky me then! Thank all.
    Xbox X- NA
  • deejayvee
    deejayvee
    ✭✭✭✭
    The survey RNG has been poor to me lately too. One day last week it took until my 10th character to get my 2nd survey for the day.

But I don't keep detailed enough records to be sure.
    PC - NA
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do 18 characters, 7 daily writs each, and hold onto the boxes for 5-7 days at a time before going through them all. Usually get about 6-10 surveys each character when I go through it.

I just wait until my inventory is full to do them (only 4 toons), but it seems to me that they come in waves like master writs so sometimes you get a few but other times nothing. I think it averages out over time.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just wait until my inventory is full to do them (only 4 toons), but it seems to me that they come in waves like master writs so sometimes you get a few but other times nothing. I think it averages out over time.

it definitely averages out over time, and like anything else that is random, it ebbs and flows. It's not rare to flip a coin 100 times and get 5 or 6 of the same in a row even though we feel like that shouldn't happen.
    deejayvee wrote: »
    The survey RNG has been poor to me lately too. One day last week it took until my 10th character to get my 2nd survey for the day.

But I don't keep detailed enough records to be sure.

I have been keeping those records on a patch-by-patch basis, and it's been remarkably consistent that you get surveys 1 in 8 times. Over a patch I may average 1 in 9 to 1 in 7, but in the long run, it has always settled out.

For example, this patch, early on, I was only getting alchemy surveys at about 1 in 10/11 (9.5% drop rate), good enough to be in the 5th percentile, however over the last few weeks of adding in my drops it's come up to a (1 in 9) 11.4% drop rate (still only the 18th percentile), but the law of large numbers and the norming of data that results from it wins out in the end>
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    So perhaps deejayvee and I are going through a dry spell?

thanks all, very insightful. Interesting to note it on a patch by patch basis!

I actually got 4 over the last few days. 2 in one day and 1 on each of the others. I guess I will also do multiple characters and hold them and see.
    Xbox X- NA
  • Kwik1
    Kwik1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can go a few days with none, and then the other day I turned in all 6 writs and I got 3 surveys from 3 different turnins and 3 master writs from the other 3 so I got 1 special from each turnin. That was a first for me.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed it feels like there are a lot less, especially enchanting ones.