Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ability to Place Items BEFORE Purchase

bradleymsimmons
bradleymsimmons
✭✭✭
I'd like to see a function that allows you to place items before you purchase them. How many times have we purchased something and thought to ourselves, this is gonna look GREAT! Then you place it after buying it and determine it doesn't look as great as you thought it would and wished you hadn't bought it? Granted it doesn't happen often but it still feels awful, since you wasted crowns. Crowns are expensive and a commodity none of us wants to waste! At least, that's how I feel.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the item previews should include other items or your own character to determine size/scaling

looking at something in preview could look larger or smaller than it really is

a try-before-you-buy style thing might work, but it would make the housing editor have to work like editing an outfit (where you have to "commit" changes before it actually changes anything), this might also remove the ability to have multiple people decorating a house at the same time
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the item previews should include other items or your own character to determine size/scaling

looking at something in preview could look larger or smaller than it really is

a try-before-you-buy style thing might work, but it would make the housing editor have to work like editing an outfit (where you have to "commit" changes before it actually changes anything), this might also remove the ability to have multiple people decorating a house at the same time

I’d be perfectly fine with that.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a function that allows you to place items before you purchase them. How many times have we purchased something and thought to ourselves, this is gonna look GREAT! Then you place it after buying it and determine it doesn't look as great as you thought it would and wished you hadn't bought it? Granted it doesn't happen often but it still feels awful, since you wasted crowns. Crowns are expensive and a commodity none of us wants to waste! At least, that's how I feel.

Don't forget you can also test these things out for free on the PTS.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Smoky
    Smoky
    ✭✭✭

Not if your on console bud!
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Smoky wrote: »

Not if your on console bud!

fair point
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Spell-Slinger
    Spell-Slinger
    ✭✭✭✭

And not if you're buying an item for a limited-time crown-exclusive house on NA and the PTS stays on the same copy of EU for months and months on end.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I thought I had seen tiles in the previews that showed scale. Do I recall incorrectly?
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/furnishings-by-category/ shows pics with scaling, always look here before buying
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see this feature, think it could be very helpful and sometimes people don't buy something expensive because they are not sure it will work but they could check with this feature. Would be especially good if you could try multiple items at one time.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

I thought I had seen tiles in the previews that showed scale. Do I recall incorrectly?

there is like a generic tiled floor, but that doesnt give you a good relation to anything else without knowing how big the tiles are, and for larger objects the tiles can be small enough would be hard to keep track of, even small objects look much larger than they are although you can tell they are much smaller than some other objects if your comparing several)

it would be much better to have either your character or an NPC character next to the object for a better size relation
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, there is nothing that indicates the size of those tiles. Are they a foot on a side? A meter? Who knows?

They now have some dark and light stripes on them every third or fourth tile but that isn’t inherently helpful for me, either.

Also, previewing would not only be great for items you purchase, but items you craft as well. Then you don’t waste materials on something that is too large or too small, or just doesn’t look like you think it would. Surely we’ve all been there.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the existing previews I would also love the ability to be able to rotate freely through all axes, not just in a horizontal circle. Countless times I am looking to do something weird with an object and end up having to buy it to find out that, no, the base does not look the way I was hoping or, with some rocks, oh, from some angles there is no surface at all and it is transparent(!!?).
    Edited by Northwold on February 8, 2022 5:35PM
  • WraithCaller88
    WraithCaller88
    ✭✭✭
    Uggghhhhhhh yes PLEASE!

I feel like half the furniture in my dedicated 'warehouse' home is stuff I bought then realized it wasn't what I actually wanted for the space.