Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Top 5 PvP Sets - Deadlands

CernyGaming
Hi there guys!
I've seen a lot of new players around asking for advice on how to get started in PvP, so here's my take on the top 5 PvP sets in ESO right now!
Good luck!

https://youtu.be/r-YEsKJuxhc
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Text summary in thread please.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    + 1 on the text. Seriously, I know people want to generate traffic for their youtube/twitch/stream thingy, but we seem to get hald a dozen of these videos every day. And most of them are a waste of time...
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the spirit of "saved you a click" he's pushing

- buffer of the swift
    - heatland conqueror
    - spriggans/spinners
    - wretched vitality
    - clever alchemist
    + hon mention to pariah and dc.

Really not sure I needed to watch a video for that but hey, my load screens seem to be way too slow this am and I need coffee before I do anything. ....

• NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »
    In the spirit of "saved you a click" he's pushing

- buffer of the swift
    - heatland conqueror
    - spriggans/spinners
    - wretched vitality
    - clever alchemist
    + hon mention to pariah and dc.

Really not sure I needed to watch a video for that but hey, my load screens seem to be way too slow this am and I need coffee before I do anything. ....

I agree-ish but add: plaguebreak, Ironblood, magma, markyn, trickery

Honorable: olo, kyn
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that was my thought, he'd missed a few I see mentionned alot. hadn't realise plaguebreak was still a thing though. I thought balls had just stopped purging.
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s still stat dense + proc so a really good bar set.
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that was my thought, he'd missed a few I see mentionned alot. hadn't realise plaguebreak was still a thing though. I thought balls had just stopped purging.

I see plaguebreak even in BGs. It is one of those "dot all enemy team" set, along with unleashed, brp destro, merciless charge etc. And it explodes on death.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »

I see plaguebreak even in BGs. It is one of those "dot all enemy team" set, along with unleashed, brp destro, merciless charge etc. And it explodes on death.

Yeah, I just realized the other day from someone else's post that with Plaugebreak, death counts as removing it early. Apparently, it is the new and improved Vicious Death, better yet, have both on the guy and watch the fireworks when he dies.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »

Yeah, I just realized the other day from someone else's post that with Plaugebreak, death counts as removing it early. Apparently, it is the new and improved Vicious Death, better yet, have both on the guy and watch the fireworks when he dies.

I read somewhere that VD/Plague on death proc should scale with bloodthirsty, since damage comes from target that has zero heath. Is that true?
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »

I read somewhere that VD/Plague on death proc should scale with bloodthirsty, since damage comes from target that has zero heath. Is that true?

This could prove useful if true.
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

VD and plague explosion do work with bloodthirsty, but not based on the target that exploded

bloodthirsty is a calculation on each targets HP

the explode on those does not dmg the target that died which caused those effects so it wouldnt affect it, but the dmg that is hitting the players in the radius DOES get scaled (based on each individual targets hp to calculate the dmg)

a similar thing works with the kvatch gladiator set (which btw due to hybridization now works on mag or stam builds, im guessing sorcs just needed an extra 1400 dmg bonus when target is in execute range lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

VD and plague explosion do work with bloodthirsty, but not based on the target that exploded

bloodthirsty is a calculation on each targets HP

the explode on those does not dmg the target that died which caused those effects so it wouldnt affect it, but the dmg that is hitting the players in the radius DOES get scaled (based on each individual targets hp to calculate the dmg)

a similar thing works with the kvatch gladiator set (which btw due to hybridization now works on mag or stam builds, im guessing sorcs just needed an extra 1400 dmg bonus when target is in execute range lol)

Thanks.
    That's less fun than explosion scaling with victim's health, bloodthirsty kvatch sorc is exactly what I had in mind :)
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top 5 sets depends upon build, solo or group and if grouped up group size, etc...
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    And big depends on CP vs. no-CP. Most talks I see are about CP these days so I assume most everyone plays there. Just not me.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    malistorr wrote: »
    And big depends on CP vs. no-CP. Most talks I see are about CP these days so I assume most everyone plays there. Just not me.

To be fair, a lot of what was mentioned work both in cp cyro and no cp no proc cyro: heartland, swift, pariah, spinners and spriggans.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • CernyGaming
    rbfrgsp wrote: »
    Text summary in thread please.

Oops I do usually include this but it completely slipped my mind here! It looks like someone already covered this though. Sorry about that! I try to avoid coming across as a standard click bait copypasta post usually. MB.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    malistorr wrote: »

Even CP or no CP best is not a term to state where there are so many builds available because of the vast number of gear sets and how we can allocate our CP for the CP based campaign.

In the no CP campaign I find skill matters more than gear sets or CP.