Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What DLCs/Chapters should I buy for story

Gargath
Gargath
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello, I returned to game after more than year and a bit lost in new chapters/dlcs, can you help me understand what I need to continue after basic quest line and in what order play it?
Also how to buy in cheapest way?
I like to play the stories in open zones, but dislike dungeons.
Is it more profitable is to buy a separate chapters with Crowns or a Blackwood Collection +remaining few zones.
Here should be all from ZOS website, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Imperial City - FREE!
Orsinium (ALREADY HAVE)
Morrowind (ALREADY HAVE)
Murkmire (ALREADY HAVE)

Summerset - 3,500 Crowns (Psijic skill line)
Elsweyr - 3,500 Crowns (Necromancer Class)(Chapter- new Zone)
Greymoor - 3,500 Crowns
Markarth - 2,000 Crowns
Dragonhold - 2,000 Crowns
NEW The Deadlands - 2000 Crowns (story related with Blackwood?)
=16500 Crowns

Thieves Guild - 2,000 Crowns (not interested, already completed with ESO PLUS
Dark Brotherhood - 2,000 Crowns (not interested, already completed with ESO PLUS
The Clockwork City - 2,000 Crowns (not interested, already completed with ESO PLUS

Horns of the Reach - 1,500 Crowns - 2 group dungeons
Shadows of the Hist - 1,500 Crowns - 2 group dungeons
Dragon Bones - 1,500 Crowns - 2 group dungeons
Wolfhunter - 1,500 Crowns - 2 group dungeons
Wrathstone - 1,500 Crowns - 2 group dungeons
Scalebreaker - 1,500 Crowns - 2 group dungeons
Harrowstorm - 1,500 Crowns - 2 group dungeons
Stonethorn - 1,500 Crowns - 2 group dungeons
Flames of Ambition - 1,500 Crowns - 2 group dungeons
Waking Flame - 1,500 Crowns - 2 group dungeons
=36000 Crowns

Year Two Mega-Pack: DLC Bundle - 3,500 Crowns (Seems UNPROFITABLE)
Clockwork City (2,000 Crowns
Horns of the Reach (1,500 Crowns - 2 group dungeons
Shadows of the Hist (1,500 Crowns - 2 group dungeons

Season of the Dragon: DLC Bundle - 3,500 Crowns (Seems UNPROFITABLE)
Wrathstone - 1,500 Crowns - 2 group dungeons
Elsweyr - 3,500 Crowns (Necromancer Class)

Guilds and Glory: The 4-DLC Mega-Pack - 4000 / 2,000 Crowns Sale (Seems UNPROFITABLE)
Imperial City - FREE!
Orsinium (ALREADY HAVE)
Thieves Guild - 2,000 Crowns
Dark Brotherhood - 2,000 Crowns

DLC Blackwood (Chapter- new Zone)(Companions) PC digital ESO STORE
Blackwood DLC
Greymoor DLC - 3,500 Crowns
Elsweyr - 3,500 Crowns (Necromancer Class)
Summerset - 3,500 Crowns (Psijic skills)
Morrowind (ALREADY HAVE)
Waking Flame - 1,500 Crowns - 2 group dungeons
Deadlands - 2000 Crowns
Edited by Gargath on January 6, 2022 3:33PM
PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which stories of the ones you've played through did or didn't you like, and why?
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which stories of the ones you've played through did or didn't you like, and why?

I like and wish to experience all the stories from open zones. Really I don't have any favourites. I only dislike to play the stories which are connected with group dungeons, if there are any, because I'm a lone player.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cheapest option, which might not be helpful since it involves waiting, is to wait until ZOS releases the pre-order for the new Chapter coming this Summer. Then you'll be able to get all the previous Chapters included in the collection, so for you that would be Summerset, Elsweyr, Greymoor, and Blackwood + the new Chapter.

You'll pay cash, but the preorder for Blackwood (with all the preceding chapters) was $60 last year. Unless you bought the Crowns on sale, it's probably cheaper to wait for the preorder option to arrive and then figure out what's the best option.

If you don't want to wait, the Blackwood Collection will get you the listed Chapters, but you'll have to buy the new Chapter for cash if you want it when it comes available.

For comparison to last year, the preorder for Blackwood Upgrade (just the Chapter) was $40. Pre-ordering Blackwood Collection (with all the previous chapters) was $60.

That leaves you needing to buy:
    Dragonhold DLC (needed to finish the Season of the Dragon with Elsweyr)
    Markarth DLC (needed to finish the Dark Heart of Skyrim with Greymoor)
    The Deadlands DLC (needed to finish Gates of Oblivion with Blackwood)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »

I like and wish to experience all the stories from open zones. Really I don't have any favourites. I only dislike to play the stories which are connected with group dungeons, if there are any, because I'm a lone player.

As for order:

Daedric War Arc:Morrowind -> Clockwork City -> Summerset

Season of the Dragon: Elsweyr -> Dragonhold

Dark Heart of Skyrim: Greymoor -> Markarth

Gates of Oblivion: Blackwood -> The Deadlands.

Note that the last three arcs have a finale questline that is only unlocked after you've completed both parts of the arc on the same character.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Summerset and Elsweyr were my favorites, but as Varanis points out there is a nice arc through Morrowind/CC/Summerset.
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can’t recommend the triad storyline of Morrowind, Clockwork City and Summerset. (in that order)
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot @all for information.
    After quick calculation:
    BLACKWOOD Collection *** $37 (local) or $62 ESO STORE, incl.:
    Blackwood Chapter
    Greymoor Chapter - 3,500 Crowns
    Elsweyr Chapter - 3,500 Crowns
    Summerset Chapter - 3,500 Crowns
    Morrowind

That leaves:
    Clockwork City - 2,000 Crowns
    Markarth - 2,000 Crowns
    to either buy 5500 crown pack $37 ESO STORE or start 6 months ESO PLUS for $60 =9900 extra crowns.
    The latter seems better to start 2 new characters with necromancer and psijic skills.

$97 total doesn't seem bad.

By the way if the Blackwood Collection is base game with chapters, and I buy it for my actual game, will it reinstall all the game or install just new chapters I don't have?
  • Sir_Hammock
    Sir_Hammock
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot @all for information.
    After quick calculation:
    BLACKWOOD Collection *** $37 (local) or $62 ESO STORE, incl.:
    Blackwood Chapter
    Greymoor Chapter - 3,500 Crowns
    Elsweyr Chapter - 3,500 Crowns
    Summerset Chapter - 3,500 Crowns
    Morrowind

That leaves:
    Clockwork City - 2,000 Crowns
    Markarth - 2,000 Crowns
    to either buy 5500 crown pack $37 ESO STORE or start 6 months ESO PLUS for $60 =9900 extra crowns.
    The latter seems better to start 2 new characters with necromancer and psijic skills.

$97 total doesn't seem bad.

By the way if the Blackwood Collection is base game with chapters, and I buy it for my actual game, will it reinstall all the game or install just new chapters I don't have?

They are already installed, it's only locked for you. So when you buy it or get eso plus you jusy have to restart the game and you have access to it
  • On2wheels
    On2wheels
    Soul Shriven

As for order:

Daedric War Arc:Morrowind -> Clockwork City -> Summerset

Season of the Dragon: Elsweyr -> Dragonhold

Dark Heart of Skyrim: Greymoor -> Markarth

Gates of Oblivion: Blackwood -> The Deadlands.

Note that the last three arcs have a finale questline that is only unlocked after you've completed both parts of the arc on the same character.

My gosh the story is so fragmented, especially for players like me who only own the Blackwood collection and nothing else. I still have my original 1000 crowns from buying the base game, 3 name change tokens and 3 race change tokens. Debating on redeeming the crowns for Clockwork city while it's on sale right now but like was said earlier once this years' expansion comes out an ESO+ sub would get me everything I'm missing now and bonus crowns. What should I do?
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think the order is important because all stories are supposed to be happening in the same year in game, and you kinda create your own story as you go through in your own order. I'd put money where you think you will enjoy the story the most, and here you can research that or ask others' recommendations. As far as enjoyment went for me, I enjoyed Morrowind/Clockwork City, Greymore/Markath, and Blackwood/Fargrave stories the most.

While I loved the dragon part in Elseweyr, and the zone Summerset is unsurpassed in beauty, it was the characters that drew me into the three I most enjoyed. I enjoyed Vivec and Sotha Sil in Morrowind/Clockwork city, loved Fennorian and Varandis Ravenwatch in Greymore/Markath, and Lyranthe, Arox, and the other dremora characters in Blackwood/Fargrave were highly interesting.

For me story is always about the characters, and if a character or two really draws me in, I'll enjoy it all the more.
    Edited by Kesstryl on January 22, 2022 1:41PM
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Call_of_Red_Mountain
    Call_of_Red_Mountain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buy them all slowly. If you don't like eso plus. When you'll finish all stories you'll see how op your main character. You'll recognize some characters on you way from previous quests too. This is why order important.
    I finished everything in order. Including prologues and dungeons. What a journey... 👏
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like for today best deal would be to buy 1 year Eso Plus for €96 and get 19800 crowns. Then buy:
    - Greymoor Chapter - 3,500 Crowns
    - Elsweyr Chapter - 3,500 Crowns / or SEASON OF THE DRAGON: DLC BUNDLE - 3500 Crowns
    - Summerset Chapter - 3,500 Crowns
    Remaining: 9,300 Cr.
    With 900 Cr in wallet, will have 10,200 Cr.

If these DLC will be available during Eso Plus, I won't buy them:
    - Clockwork City DLC - 2,000 Crowns
    - Dragonhold DLC - 2,000 Crowns
    - Markarth DLC - 2,000 Crowns
    - Deadlands DLC - 2,000 Crowns
    - dungeons

For this I'll wait untill available for Crowns in Crown Store.
    - Blackwood Chapter
    - High Isle chapter

... now will have to check if Eso Plus purchase is available with paypal without credit card :).
    Edited by Gargath on March 12, 2022 3:41PM