Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Stamina class needs a new weapon "Fists"!!

Vanos444
Vanos444
✭✭✭✭✭
As the title says, I hope the next expansion does allow stamina classes to use their fist for battle.
Fist weapons, will be a killer for stamplar and Stamsorc.
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For fist,
    Let's say, they use their bare hands to punch enemies into dust.
    These weapons are a channel damage weapons.
    They always crit, with penetration they do more damage.
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    All this
    Pics-Art-12-28-06-51-05.jpg
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this-isnt-your-ordinary-easy-mode-this-is-advanced-easy-mode.jpg
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZoS has been teasing us with unarmed combat for years now.

Why else would my weapons repeatedly disappear underground every other patch?
    PC NA
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vanos444 wrote: »
    As the title says, I hope the next expansion does allow stamina classes to use their fist for battle.

speaking as a stamplar i am not in favour of this idea.

you want to punch an enemy who has full heavy armour?

no thanks.
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spears, please.
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭

You can already remove your weapon and punch! Whatisname, "Bumnog" (how unfortunate) of the Daggers in Glenumbra gets by just fine.

And if you have a few skills, the loss of weapon damage isn't that critical. You can surely get thru overland and some normal content without weapons.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spear, Crossbow, or One-Handed + fist type of style is what I wanna see.
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd use my iron fists of fury to punch a dragon in the nose *BOOP* :#
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • deejayvee
    deejayvee
    ✭✭✭✭

no thanks.

Unarmed strike/monks going toe-to-toe with plate-armoured fighters has been staple in the genre for a long time, regardless of the realism (or lack thereof).

Personally, I would prefer a polearm weapon skill being added, but unarmed would be choice #2.
    PC - NA
  • estelrandir
    estelrandir
    ✭✭✭
    Fists would be nice. Crossbow would be better! Love all the other suggestions in here as well!
    hopeful.heart on PC-NA/EU

"'Never love a wild thing, Mr. Bell,' Holly advised him. 'That was Doc's mistake. He was always lugging home wild things. [...] You can't give your heart to a wild thing: the more you do, the stronger they'll get. Until they're strong enough to run into the woods. Or fly into a tree. Then a taller tree. Then the sky. That's how you'll end up, Mr. Bell. If you let yourself love a wild thing. You'll end up looking at the sky.'" -- Truman Capote, Breakfast at Tiffany's.
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭
    I loathe fist weapons or fist as weapons in any MMO. Would rather have a new stam ranged option since we only get one.
  • atherusmora
    atherusmora
    ✭✭✭
    Only if mag users are also given an unarmed skill line as well. I feel pigeon-holding mag users into one weapon type is one of the biggest missed opportunities for build diversity in the game. Stam users have blades, shields, hammers, axes, mauls, and swords. Mag just has resto/destro staff.

From an RP standpoint it makes no sense at all. Mages can conjure and cast Daedric/Aedric/blood/ nature and elemental magics with hands via class skills. Why would a mage need a staff if the most advance spells in the game are at his/her/their finger tips?

And why can’t I slap players with it, and no I don’t mean bash? If it’s a two handed weapon, I should be able to do some serious batting with this thing in addition to channeling magic through it.
    Edited by atherusmora on January 7, 2022 1:13AM
    (Pet)Magsorc Main
    PS4 NA
    PvX
    Long Live the Queen!!!
  • WraithShadow13
    WraithShadow13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.

I would absolutely love it unarmed made an official place in the game, both for stam AND mag. More so, if they DID give unarmed some more love, they could easily make skill trees to match, like martial arts, brawler, etc. I would love this and i love that people are asking for more weapon types lately.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes yes fists or claws is good. I have dreamed of tavern brawling mode myself, no weapons. A great mini game perhaps or just as you've described. If ever it becomes then a mini pvp area in all taverns would be fun. Boxing stage in the back so peaceful milk drinkers stay safe.
  • Saxhleel
    Saxhleel
    ✭✭✭
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Hand-to-Hand
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Hand-to-hand
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Hand_to_Hand

They could just take some of the systems from previous games. Like enemies fall down many times and it also depletes the enemy's stamina.

I agree because I have Hand-to-Hand 100 in both Morrowind and Oblivion, and punching things has more attraction than using weapons in my opinion.
    "What a fool you are. I'm a god. How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. No Recall or Intervention can work in this place. Come. Lay down your weapons. It is not too late for my mercy" — Dagoth Ur

• Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saxhleel wrote: »
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Hand-to-Hand
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Hand-to-hand
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Hand_to_Hand

They could just take some of the systems from previous games. Like enemies fall down many times and it also depletes the enemy's stamina.

I agree because I have Hand-to-Hand 100 in both Morrowind and Oblivion, and punching things has more attraction than using weapons in my opinion.

In Skyrim, I played as a kajiit using his bare hands. For they have damage boost while using their fist 😁

I could kill most by 1 shoting them on novice mode.
    Edited by Vanos444 on January 7, 2022 3:56AM
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina needs a ranged option. Also, Disease does not have representation in the weapon lines. If any Stam weapon gets added, it needs to be ranged and have at least most of its morphs have a disease option. Spears can go in 2 handed or dual wield passives. Crossbows can get passives in Bow line.

My vote is either Plague Staff or Throwing weapons of some kind.

As for OP on unarmed. Complicated due to sets. You could simply have Unarmed as a passive only line that gives extra bonuses to make up for the loss of 2 set pieces. However, claw type weapons could be an option, but again it would just be another melee line.

Stam needs range option, it’s Magicka that needs Melee. Magicka claws or hand chains could be cool.
    Edited by MindOfTheSwarm on January 7, 2022 4:55AM
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe stamina can have flying daggers like
    irelia-sentinel-762x.jpg
  • atherusmora
    atherusmora
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe stamina can have flying daggers like
    irelia-sentinel-762x.jpg

Stam sorc has this already in Bound Armaments skills.
    (Pet)Magsorc Main
    PS4 NA
    PvX
    Long Live the Queen!!!
  • atherusmora
    atherusmora
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina needs a ranged option. Also, Disease does not have representation in the weapon lines. If any Stam weapon gets added, it needs to be ranged and have at least most of its morphs have a disease option. Spears can go in 2 handed or dual wield passives. Crossbows can get passives in Bow line.

My vote is either Plague Staff or Throwing weapons of some kind.

As for OP on unarmed. Complicated due to sets. You could simply have Unarmed as a passive only line that gives extra bonuses to make up for the loss of 2 set pieces. However, claw type weapons could be an option, but again it would just be another melee line.

Stam needs range option, it’s Magicka that needs Melee. Magicka claws or hand chains could be cool.

Stam already has Bow for ranged. I don’t think stam really needs any more weapons tbh.
    (Pet)Magsorc Main
    PS4 NA
    PvX
    Long Live the Queen!!!
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What would the skill line be called for using fists? 😳😳😳😉
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can the new skill line be

Base game fix/improvement/rework?
    Instead of adding more gliches.
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Lucozade85
    Lucozade85
    ✭✭✭
    I'd prefer to see more stam ranged abilities / weapons.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    What would the skill line be called for using fists? 😳😳😳😉

Presumably "two handed" :blush:

You can already punch and bash your way through overland. Or for that matter you can do overland entirely using skills and never light attacking 8)

With a group it's possible to do a lot of content with bare fists, and there are people who do things like naked (no gear, skills, weapons) group dolmen runs.

If you really like bare handed you've got werewolf as an option too, although the werewolf animation for bashing makes a bash build werewolf look like they've gone for a dance.

Too many toons not enough time
  • Kalle_Demos
    Kalle_Demos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if mag users are also given an unarmed skill line as well. I feel pigeon-holding mag users into one weapon type is one of the biggest missed opportunities for build diversity in the game. Stam users have blades, shields, hammers, axes, mauls, and swords. Mag just has resto/destro staff.

From an RP standpoint it makes no sense at all. Mages can conjure and cast Daedric/Aedric/blood/ nature and elemental magics with hands via class skills. Why would a mage need a staff if the most advance spells in the game are at his/her/their finger tips?

And why can’t I slap players with it, and no I don’t mean bash? If it’s a two handed weapon, I should be able to do some serious batting with this thing in addition to channeling magic through it.

This. Unarmed martial skill line. Unarmed Magic skill line. Daedric armor/weapons skill line.

"If I am to be Queen, I must look fear in the face and conquer it. How can I ask my people to have faith in me if I don't have faith in myself?" - Queen Ayrenn
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Complete Agree

And Spears
    "I know that someday that sun is bound to shine." -Ella Fitzgerald
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Passive if you are barehandes your punchs do 1000dmg lv1 1150 lv2 1300 lv3 dmg

Passive range increase

Passive heavy punchs have chance 15%\30% to stun enemy from behind

Passive heal when bellow 25%hp your punches regen 10%/20% of your max hp

I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

speaking as a stamplar i am not in favour of this idea.

no thanks.

I had not thought of it this way but it makes sense. I cannot imagine who would go up to a raid boss and punch them.

Also, the range of fists would, should, be shorter than any other melee weapon which would be problematic.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wouldn't really change that much - fists have already a combat value as is - you can use your class skills, they are independent of the weapon you use. Most no weapon skills will be possible to use as well and a lot of them are combat related - fists have a base combat value which is not that much lower than white gear - so if you want to punch your way through Tamriel, there is no need for a new skill line - you can play like this as is already.