The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Today's daily endeavor broken (kill 10 barbaric foes)

Playnice
Playnice
✭✭✭
The objective says to kill "goblins, ogres, lamia, and other barbaric foes". I've killed regular ogres (found just northwest of the Hatching Pools in Shadowfen). None of the kills are counting toward the daily endeavor.

Anyone else having this issue?
Playing since Feb 2015 / TES fan since 2002
Main alliance: Ebonheart Pact
All classes, all specs, 21 characters / 2 accounts
  • AMAI460
    AMAI460
    ✭✭✭
    Worked for me , I killed goblins
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I killed goblins at an ruin, just ran around doing surveys and killed stuff. I thought it was human barbarians but goblins looks close enough so I attacked them and it worked.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • SgtWinnie
    SgtWinnie
    ✭✭✭
    Arx Corinium first group and 1 or 2 of the next group worked for all of my acts.
    Haven't tried any overland ones myself. Hope you get it figured out mate.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killing goblins doesn't really show that Ogres count. I'll have to try when I can get in game.
  • Playnice
    Playnice
    ✭✭✭
    AMAI460 wrote: »

Goblins and ogres are 2 different types of enemies. The part that seems to be broken is just ogres. I tried lamias and it worked.
    Playing since Feb 2015 / TES fan since 2002
    Main alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    All classes, all specs, 21 characters / 2 accounts
  • Doc45
    Doc45
    ✭✭✭
    Like SgtWinnie, I went into normal Arx Corinium and killed some lamias. It took only a couple minutes, so may be the best place to complete the endeavor.
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goblins in Stros Mkai work fine. Haven't tried ogres.
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Playnice wrote: »
    Anyone else having this issue?

Yes, I had that same issue. Both this time and the last time they had this endeavor, I could not find any Ogres that counted. I tried Shadowfen, Reaper's March, Blackwood, Greenshade. I ended up killing goblins last time and lamia this time to complete it. 👹
    PC NA : 2013 Beta Tester : Altoholic
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ogres are counted as giants in the game for other achievements. Their internal tag is probably "giant-kin" (as seen in the Humanoid Slayer achievement) vs "barbaric enemies". [Snip]

[Edited for Bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on January 4, 2022 4:37PM
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ogres are bugged - still -
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ogres shouldn't be listed for this. They're part of the 'kill giants' endeavor which sometimes comes up.

Either that or they *shouldn't* be giants and should be here.
    PC NA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ogres are indeed not counted. Just tried both the regular ogres and ogre boss in Stormhaven, nada.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ogres have never worked for this endeavor, I say the objective as written is incorrect.
    Ogres have always counted as Giant-Kin in the Monster hunter achievement.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fungal Grotto 1 worked fine for me.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also failed to get credit for ogre kills (in Wrothgar), so it seems that ogres were mistakenly included in the description when they don't actually qualify for this endeavor.

I completed the endeavor by killing lamias on one server, and goblins on the other server, so those do count as advertised.

I didn't think to try minotaurs, but I'm wondering if those might count, too?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fungal Grotto 1 worked fine for me.

Me too. Hit the limit halfway through the second group of goblins.
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

No, minotaurs didn't count. At least not the ones I tried in Blackwood and Gold Coast.

PC NA : 2013 Beta Tester : Altoholic
  • RicAlmighty
    RicAlmighty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got it in Greenshade killing the medusa/snake type creatures in the caves near the docks
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

No, minotaurs didn't count. At least not the ones I tried in Blackwood and Gold Coast.

Okay, thank you; that's good to know for the future.
    I got it in Greenshade killing the medusa/snake type creatures in the caves near the docks

Those are called lamias, although the voice actors don't pronounce it the way Peter Gabriel did on The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway, so I'm all confused! But I like to think of them as medusas, too, since that's what the nearest equivalent to them is in TES:Arena. We hates those snake ladies! They paralyze us, they do!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The goblins near the Bonesnap Ruins public dungeon in Stormhaven made doing that one quick and easy (once I found out that goblins were considered "barbaric foes."
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orges in Bangkorai did not count for me. Lamias in Shadowfen and Coldharbour did.
    The easiest and fastest way for me appeared to kill goblins neat Bonesnap Ruins entrance.
    PC EU
  • SgtWinnie
    SgtWinnie
    ✭✭✭
    We should probably make a thread with a list of the endeavors and the best and easiest way to achieve them seeing as a lot of folks are time poor.
    Thanks for the info all.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ogres didn't count for me the last time we had this one, either.
    PCNA
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why I didn't think of Bonesnap Ruins! I killed goblins in northern Wrothgar, but they weren't as plentiful as expected so I had to run around a bit.
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Goblins at the Dogeaters camp on Stros M'kai is a short run from the wayshrine for a quick completion for those still looking before reset
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Playnice wrote: »
    AMAI460 wrote: »

Goblins and ogres are 2 different types of enemies. The part that seems to be broken is just ogres. I tried lamias and it worked.

and I think they were just noting that it works with goblins. It is probably a good idea for players to post what does work when part of something does not. Zenimax needs complete information on issues like this.
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SgtWinnie wrote: »
    We should probably make a thread with a list of the endeavors and the best and easiest way to achieve them seeing as a lot of folks are time poor.
    Thanks for the info all.

Benevolent Bowd has a website that details the endeavours for each day.

Here's a link to yesterdays "Kill <#> Barbaric Foes" https://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/eso-endeavors/2/#kill-barbaric-foes with suggested locations.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I killed Riekr mobs in north Wrothgar and it worked for the endeavour.
  • SgtWinnie
    SgtWinnie
    ✭✭✭
    LalMirchi wrote: »
    Thanks for the info all.

Benevolent Bowd has a website that details the endeavours for each day.

Here's a link to yesterdays "Kill <#> Barbaric Foes" https://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/eso-endeavors/2/#kill-barbaric-foes with suggested locations.

Thanks LalMirchi!
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Both UESP and @BenevolentBowd
    offer some useful insights
    UESP: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Endeavors
    BowD: https://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/eso-endeavors/2/#tasks
    PC EU