Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

ESO and XBOX Game pass

rexagamemnon
rexagamemnon
✭✭✭✭✭
Thought of subscribing to Xbox game pass, was just curious if anyone had experience playing ESO on xbox game pass via Mobile IOS, and their opinion on the quality when playing?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 14, 2022 1:29PM
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    was wondering same thing!!

This way I can do my crafting etc at work on a browser lol
  • JARTHEGREY
    JARTHEGREY
    ✭✭✭
    Hi both.

I've replied on a different post about playing on PC via Cloud Gaming, but this was on my own PC and network at home. I have also played on my phone and it was surprisingly good.

I have little experience of playing on my laptop and on a different network - tried it once while on Holiday mainly just to log in and get the Daily rewards, which was fine - but the slow network speed made the game somewhat unplayable for me.

In both cases I used an XBox controller. On the Cloud Gaming - I believe you can use your Keyboard / Mouse but you have to set it up before hand.

I guess the best thing to do is try it.

Edited by JARTHEGREY on January 14, 2022 9:31AM
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play a lot of gamepass on Android and while it's absolutely great when it works there's an issue that makes it a bit annoying:

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53729/

If you read the article you can replace some sessions with most sessions.

Here's some pointers:
    • If you stream through the game pass cloud service then make sure you don't zone too much, playing cyrodiil for examples is great because it's basically one big zone, you can play there uninterrupted for hours and hours.
    • If you're stuck at character load 2/3 trimes, restart the stream.

I've been on this issue since last year, pinging Microsoft en ZOS to work it out and I got some info on why this is happening but sadly no fix or work-around.

On the bright side, if you own an xbox you can use remote stream (straight from your home xbox), this works like a charm and I have no issues that way, but it only works if you have an xbox, no need for game pass either.

Haven't played on IOS but the bug is there as well.