The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

REQUEST, Crown Crates

TheS1X
TheS1X
✭✭✭
I think it would be better if there are 2 types of Crown Crates for sale and switching after 2 weeks,
so with each month players can see 4 different types of crates with lots of different items to choose from.
And old long waited crates will repeat faster ;)

For example, I am still waiting Dwarven, Wild Hunt and Psijic crates for ages already, not even sure if they ever come back because new types of crates are always added.
With faster rotation with more crates to choose, it would be win win for everyone.
  • Mushroomancer
    Mushroomancer
    ✭✭✭✭
    No it wouldn't be a win-win for everyone, the current rotation of roughly three months is barely enough to get an apex level reward with endeavors. Not everyone has bursting bank accounts to spend on constantly changing crates either.
    The current rotation is fine, and the old ones will come back eventually, just be patient.

Edit: went and checked, of the crates you listed, the only one that hasn't been available within the last 12 months is the Psijic Crate. The Dwarven one returned in February of 2021, and the Wild Hunt one in April.
    Edited by Mushroomancer on January 1, 2022 5:08PM
    PC | EU 1600+ CP

Chews-On-Shrooms - Argonian (EP) | Healer Warden
    I know I have a problem, leave me alone:

Nirya Urayel - Altmer (EP) | Healer/Magicka Templar
    Ulen Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Nightblade
    Anise Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Dragonknight
    Vivienne Rielle - Breton (EP) | Hybrid Healer/Magicka Necromancer
    Gaspar Rielle - Breton (DC) | Magicka Sorcerer
    Ulfgar the Foul - Nord (EP) | Tank Necromancer
    Plays-With-Chains - Argonian (EP) | Tank Dragonknight
    Sonje the Wild - Nord (EP) | Tank Warden
    Brutus Lovidicus - Imperial (EP) | Tank Nightblade
    Velms Ienith - Dunmer (EP) | Tank Sorcerer
    Cassius Lanius - Imperial (EP) | Tank/Stamina Templar
    Shakar-gro-Khazgur - Orc (DC) | Stamina Dragonknight
    Liette Nightwind - Bosmer (AD) | Stamina Nightblade
    Ja'khar the Salty - Khajiit (EP) | Stamina Necromancer
    Saadia al-Tava - Redguard (EP) | Stamina Sorcerer
    Gwinas Hemp-Burner - Bosmer (EP) | Stamina Warden
    Grand Master Crafter, All Dungeon HM up to Stonethorn, vCrag HM, vDSA, vMA, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vHOF HM, vAS+2, Gryphon Heart, vBRP, vSS HM (Extinguisher of Flames),
    vKA HM (Shield of the North), vRG 1/3HM
  • TheS1X
    TheS1X
    ✭✭✭
    No it wouldn't be a win-win for everyone, the current rotation of roughly three months is barely enough to get an apex level reward with endeavors. Not everyone has bursting bank accounts to spend on constantly changing crates either.
    The current rotation is fine, and the old ones will come back eventually, just be patient.

Edit: went and checked, of the crates you listed, the only one that hasn't been available within the last 12 months is the Psijic Crate. The Dwarven one returned in February of 2021, and the Wild Hunt one in April.

Well, ok, but maybe they can atleast rotate 2 crates together.
  • Sawbones194
    Sawbones194
    ✭✭✭
    I guess the best way to habdke gambling ist to exclude it but that are just my thoughts
  • ive_wonder
    ive_wonder
    ✭✭✭
    Just remove the crates and include rotations of items with periodic sales, big please!
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭
    ive_wonder wrote: »
    Just remove the crates

I agree with this. Crown Crates are just a form of gambling made to trigger that dopamine drug that you brain creates when something happy/fun triggers. I actually have a friend who is prone to this kind of stuff and cannot play ESO because of the crown crates... They get too addicted to that stuff, even if they don't want anything in the gambling boxes. Crown Crates really should be removed since they can be considered an exploitation of the customer but they never will be sadly...
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Psijic is coming back during the Daedric War event they just announced, which starts on the 20th.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the cadence on crates is good. Just as I start to get burned out on crates, new ones go on sale.

6-8 weeks between crates going on sale

8-12 weeks rotation on brand new crates

Edited by SkaraMinoc on January 13, 2022 10:51PM
    PC NA