The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quest: Gift from a Suitor, Bug?

LeongKhai
LeongKhai
Soul Shriven
I at the "Warn the Countess" step, and the Countess was stuck hiding behind the gravestone quest can not be progress at all,
I assume this is a bug because 3 day the same situation is still there
  • BobGohd
    BobGohd
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having exactly the same problem. Please fix ZOS.
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

Please, this quest is still bugged. No way to speak to the Countess and finish the quest.

Ticket number 220702-008090 -
    There was about 10 players trying around to get the ncp working but no way.
    The last time it was bugged was in december 2020 ? we a reminder June 29

Please could you tell us we will be able to finish it soon :) thank you
    Edited by Lauranae on July 3, 2022 1:30AM
    My most recent characters
    AD - Amareni NB
    -
  • Kashya_Vulano
    Kashya_Vulano
    ✭✭✭
    Still bugged. I'm staring at her from behind the gravestone and just can't progress from here.
  • dlatour_ESO
    dlatour_ESO
    ✭✭
    Having the same issue - this is preventing me from completing the zone objective achievement because you can't finish the town quest line.
  • dlatour_ESO
    dlatour_ESO
    ✭✭
    This looks like it was fixed for me today. Maybe the patch last night/server reset fixed whatever was bugged. I was able to complete it today.
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    This looks like it was fixed for me today. Maybe the patch last night/server reset fixed whatever was bugged. .
    hmm, i don't see it listed here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/610376/pc-mac-patch-notes-v8-0-7 ....??

Unless it's named something else? ( Or perhaps just the basic server-reset somehow also reset that NPC's z-axis and/or positioning )
  • dlatour_ESO
    dlatour_ESO
    ✭✭
    NeeScrolls wrote: »
    This looks like it was fixed for me today. Maybe the patch last night/server reset fixed whatever was bugged. .
    hmm, i don't see it listed here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/610376/pc-mac-patch-notes-v8-0-7 ....??

Unless it's named something else? ( Or perhaps just the basic server-reset somehow also reset that NPC's z-axis and/or positioning )

Yes, I was thinking more the basic server reset somehow reset the NPC back to its original spawn for that stage of the quest.
  • Frotonis
    Frotonis
    Soul Shriven
    It is still broken for me thou. Is there a workaround to make this quest completed? I mean, like, abandon the quest and start it over?
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still bugged. I abandoned quest a started again. Same thing.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU: This is happening again today, there were multiple people waiting for the quest to start/re-start while she was hiding behind the gravestone.

The issue with this quest is the enemies spawning too close to the main road, leading to the wayshrine. Meaning everyone who is close or walks/mounts by/to the wayshrine will attract those spawning quest enemies(often even unaware of it happening). And when even just one enemy wanders off too far or chases another player going away from the questlocation, it despawns. Leaving the quest forever in a stuck state. Have the monsters for this quest spawn in the middle of the graveyard, or much closer to the NPC we have to protect, and this issue should be fixed.
    Edited by Sarannah on May 27, 2023 12:46PM
  • Prydwyn
    Prydwyn
    Soul Shriven
    PC:EU

I'm having the same problem today, and I've seen several other players trying to talk to her as well without success.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confirming that this is another BROKEN QUEST on PC-EU
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for Necroing the thread... but this quest is bugged again. I've been trying to complete it for a week, every time I port in to check there are other people standing around to try progress their quest but the NPCs just cower behind graves and no enemies appear.

I tried abandoning the quest and doing all steps again in the dead of night (no other players around... PC-EU, outside peak hours it gets quiet), still no progress after reaching the countess at the cemetary.

Here's hoping it will get fixed with the next maintenance.
    PC-EU
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue, PC EU. Quest is stuck, i tried completing it last night, went to bed after several resets, and woke up and it's still bugged.
  • kumenit_taeynav
    kumenit_taeynav
    ✭✭✭✭
    PCNA here, quest is bugged and cant be completed for me also. 2 other players cant complete it either so the 3 of us are stuck at the warn the countess stage
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to report that this quest has become bugged again, at the same stage - "Warn the Countess".

The Countess is hiding behind a gravestone, with a quest arrow over her head, but non-interactable, and no enemies are approaching or present.

This bug is a known one that has existed for some years now. It is apparently similar to a variant bug that can affect Lady Laurent in Salas En, Alikr Desert.

Please try to fix these bugs.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there, I'm sorry to say this quest is still bugged. I now have it pending on around 10 characters; I was hoping it would get sorted after todays server maintenance but when maintenance was done I logged in to a small crowd near the countess (who was hiding behind a gravestone, no enemies in sight).

This is affecting many people and many characters and though I /bug it, this quest is still broken month after month.

@ZOS_Kevin can you please help this get reported internally, and fixed?

Thanks!
    PC-EU
  • Sallymen
    Sallymen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro posting yet again, this quest is BUGGED as of February 11th, 2024, about three years since this post was made.
    Current Undaunted Key Count: 4,902
  • Light100
    Light100
    Soul Shriven
    Well, quest is bugged again. 6 march 2024. PC EU.
    Edited by Light100 on March 6, 2024 12:01AM
  • GrizzlyTank
    GrizzlyTank
    ✭✭✭
    Had it bugged with her hiding behind the tombstone when i arrived.

Relogged at the location and it was fixed.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin This quest is still bugged. I've relogged several times next to the countess at the graveyard but the quest is still stuck