The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Idea - Attuned Craft-station merge item.

DewiMorgan
DewiMorgan
✭✭✭
From chats I've seen ingame, guild owners are becoming concerned at the number of items the attuned stations use up. I imagine this is something that ZOS are conscious of as well.

I've seen some proposals which have problems:
- Raising the item cap for homes would work, but there are likely good reasons that the caps are where they are.
- Adding a new attunable station with all four crafting stations on would work, but would render worthless the massive investment that guilds have already made in their attunable stations.

So instead, I'd propose:
- An upgrade item which merges four attuned craft stations (of the same set) into a single "item".

Make it buyable either for writ tickets, or in the crown store, and it'd mean that the existing investment by the guilds would still have value as components for this new item.

Many guilds WOULD invest in this upgrade, but they wouldn't need to if they didn't want to; even if they hit the item cap, they'd still have the option of splitting their guildhall across two homes instead. This would just give them another option.

Downside: probably requires multiple code changes, as I doubt a single item can be multiple crafting tables at the moment; and I doubt there's existing code to treat attuned sets as elements of a Collection.
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone months ago, suggested to make a master crafting station for each profession that allowed for the crafted sets to be added to it. So, for example there would be one blacksmithing station that had a drop down list of all the unlocked crafting sets that have been attuned for that station. I really liked that idea.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is becoming especially problematic since every new zone adds at least 3 new craftable sets (that is 12 new attuned tables under the current system

eventually it will get to a point that you will need multiple houses

doing a rough calculation, we would only need 175 craftable sets to get to the point you would need to use all 700 slots in a house purely for crafting tables

while we are still a bit off that number, below is my rough estimate for how many individual crafting stations needed to get all the current craftable sets

faction zones = 15*3 stations (45)
    coldharbour + craglorn = 2*3 stations (6)
    DLC zones (11 i think) = 11*3 stations (33)
    pvp zones (cyro/IC) = 2*3 stations (6)

putting our rough total number of stations needed at about 90 which is almost 1/7 of a notable house in terms of actual item slots, but those 90 crafting stations are not "small" either so it takes a physically large house to be able to arrange them in a way that makes sense (another problem i have with the current system is that if you needed to craft something all of these stations look the same so there is no way to tell which one you need if they are not organized well)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014