The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil unplayable even away from action

EmperorIl
EmperorIl
✭✭✭✭
5 seconds just to mount. I have 1GB FIOS internet and my upload and download are both benching at 800kbps+ right now, please don't insult me and tell me it is on my end (all addons disabled except AUI, and everyone else complaining about the same thing). Please do something about this before another game comes along with decent PvP and better performance. It is in your best interest ZOS.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We recommend going through the troubleshooting below to help with the latency issues in Cyrodiil.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    We recommend going through the troubleshooting below to help with the latency issues in Cyrodiil.

Wow. 7years of lagg in pvp was suddenly fixed. Thanks. /sarcasm

Seriously tho, the lagg has been the main issue in pvp since 2015. It wont be fixed because zos cant fix it.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »

I appreciate it and I know you are doing your job, but this is not on my end sir. It is insulting at this point with the state of lag in Cyrodiil to even imply it is not on ZOS's end. I am on a wired connection and have great hardware with a fast ISP. Including a screenshot of a speedtest I just took while typing this reply....and I meant Mbps in the original post, not kbps.

rsahi84tct7b.png
    Edited by EmperorIl on December 31, 2021 5:05PM
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The truth is, your connection speed seems to not help as ESO tends to not use much bandwidth at all if you monitor it. It amazes me that the canned response is used as the devs have more or less confirmed it's a processing issue on their side with their attempts to fix it via reduced calculations.
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    Check your stats on ping plotter, for me I’m having a significant packet loss on akamai IP and it does not happen on other games (asia to NA)

Iirc the akamai was for a ddos that was done way before.
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If the troubleshooting posted above has not helped with latency issues in Cyrodiil, please go ahead and open a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why would you open a ticket for server side issues?
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the lag that has completely destroyed the PvP population is our fault. Got it. Thanks for the communication!
    Edited by Stridig on January 8, 2022 6:22PM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all