Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Pve guilds

GeminiEleven11
Looking for a good pve guild that actually runs a lot of vet dungeons and likes to help. It’s been hard to find a guild that likes to fun vet dungeons. Thx

Best Answers

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Check on the guilds postings on this site or pug Craglorn trials. I've found the latter to be the best way to find PVE group endgamers over random guild applications as you get to see how prospective guildies play and hear how they interact.
    Answer ✓
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found a small guild that does that, let me know if you want an invite 😁 Only took me 2 years on pc to find 🤣
    Answer ✓
  • NakedJustice69
    I realize I'm responding to a post that is eight months old by now, so it may no longer be applicable, but in case it still is, let me say that I'm in exactly the same boat as GeminiEleven11. I'm at the point as a player now where my primary interest is running vet dungeons. I'm a member of five guilds right now, and I find it's like pulling hens' teeth to get three other players to group up with me to run dungeons, even the daily Undaunted pledges. I don't have a lot of experience with vet content, so don't expect me to be amazing right now. I'm looking for other players who are patient, understanding, and helpful, and wouldn't expect me to get a no-death, speed-run clear on hard mode on my first attempt. With time, however, I would hope to be able to achieve that. So, yeah, endgamesmug, I can see how it would have taken you two years to find that guild!
    "Brute strength and massive ignorance."
  • NakedJustice69
    I realize I'm responding to a post that is eight months old by now, so it may no longer be applicable, but in case it still is, let me say that I'm in exactly the same boat as GeminiEleven11. I'm at the point as a player now where my primary interest is running vet dungeons. I'm a member of five guilds right now, and I find it's like pulling hens' teeth to get three other players to group up with me to run dungeons, even the daily Undaunted pledges. I don't have a lot of experience with vet content, so don't expect me to be amazing right now. I'm looking for other players who are patient, understanding, and helpful, and wouldn't expect me to get a no-death, speed-run clear on hard mode on my first attempt. With time, however, I would hope to be able to achieve that. So, yeah, endgamesmug, I can see how it would have taken you two years to find that guild!

The point of my post being, which I didn't explicitly state, that I would like to join your guild, if you'll have me, provided, of course it's on PC/NA.
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭

The point of my post being, which I didn't explicitly state, that I would like to join your guild, if you'll have me, provided, of course it's on PC/NA.

Hey there unfortunately by the time i joined that guild they were all prepping for trials, so although they were super nice people it didnt achieve my aim. So i keep an eye out and have noticed people posting for achieve runs in craglorn, so theres that option otherwise im at a bit of a loss im afraid. I end up using finder just to get the vet completes at least.
    If you pm me here maybe i can friend you ingame until we find 2 others?
  • NakedJustice69
    LOL I'm clueless how to send a pm in these forums, which is what I had originally intended to do instead of just posting another comment in this thread. But I'm glad you came back and read it. So what I did was post a comment on your Activity page, which you can read if you go there. I provided you with my in-game @name.
  • asalemi
    asalemi
    ✭✭✭
    I’m having a ton of issues finding people to play with. Even in guilds. The game is very clique imo. U basically have to know ppl or ur screwed. I’ve joined so many guilds , so many discord messages to ask people to run dungeons I’ve honestly tried to be friendly and personable . It’s like high school this game. It’s the haves and the have nots Thankfully I also play another mmo with more success
  • NakedJustice69
    LOL I'm clueless how to send a pm in these forums, which is what I had originally intended to do instead of just posting another comment in this thread.

Well, for what it's worth, I found this explanation in another thread:

"To help prevent spam and other abuse, forum accounts do not initially have the ability to send private messages - although all accounts can still receive them. Once you become an active poster on the forums, you will be granted the ability to private message other players. So just keep on participating in the community and you'll be able to send messages in no time!"

I guess I'm not considered an active poster. But the fact of the matter is that I come to the official ESO forums only as a last resort, only when I cannot find the information I'm looking for somewhere else. Case in point here. Just like you, asalemi, I've tried to find other members in several guilds to group up with and run dungeons but am only rarely successful. I have to say, it's completely beyond me. For one thing, dungeons are the only source I'm aware of for Undaunted keys. And the only way you can get the shoulder piece of a monster set is by redeeming keys. And you have to have at least five. And you can't get five from running just one dungeon. In addition, dungeons are a good and reliable source of transmute crystals. Those always seem to come in handy. Plus, you can complete a lot of achievements from vet dungeons, sometimes even getting a cool reward like a dye or a pet. And finally, I would think for anyone it would be preferable to form your group before queueing in the dungeon finder to avoid ending up with God-knows-what in some random pug.

What am I missing here? lol

So since I can't discreetly pm my in-game @name directly to other players in the forums, I'm going to throw caution to the winds and post it here for the whole world to see: @NakedJustice4E202 Anyone who reads this thread and is interested in grouping up to run (preferably) vet dungeons is more than welcome to contact me.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @NakedJustice69 it does take a lot of combing but there are dungeon guilds out there. An easier way to find them may be to just download Pithka's Achievement Tracker (if you haven't already you'll probably need it), go under dungeons, and check out the drop-down menu to see a list of dungeon guilds. I know Hard Dungeoneers has a lot of 5key and 6key groups along with challenger, HM, and tri runs but that's the only guild out of the list I can speak for. Iirc they have an application process to get into the in-game guild now but you should be able to use one of the discord channels unless you already have the qualifications needed. Or just check out one of the other dungeon guilds.

Edit: also for keys, you only need 1 to get a coffer but the pool for shoulders is bigger. It's considered more cost efficient though. Also, you can pug the non dlc 2keys.
    Edited by Soarora on September 7, 2022 10:38PM
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ive seen hard dungeoneers advertising in zonechat, i was about to express interest and then read you need to already be experienced with that to join 😆. So another dead loss on the pc server
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    asalemi wrote: »
    I’m having a ton of issues finding people to play with. Even in guilds. The game is very clique imo. U basically have to know ppl or ur screwed. I’ve joined so many guilds , so many discord messages to ask people to run dungeons I’ve honestly tried to be friendly and personable . It’s like high school this game. It’s the haves and the have nots Thankfully I also play another mmo with more success

I agree ive been solo for a few years on pc and now and again would try a guild to find people to dungeon with, they would often promise alot of things if you joined. Id give it a few weeks and if i got no replys in chat i would just leave to find another, its been going on to 3 years for me. Seems like you have to make your own to get anything happening or try for group members in craglorn zonechat. What it is is everyone already has their established groups and it takes alot of time and effort to put together others, and in the nerfs from the patch and everyone with experience is very hesitant to do these things.

• Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ive seen hard dungeoneers advertising in zonechat, i was about to express interest and then read you need to already be experienced with that to join 😆. So another dead loss on the pc server

You don't actually have to be that experienced you just have to get 3 challengers or a trifecta before you can join the in-game guild. I joined with 0 challengers and 0 trifectas. There's a channel dedicated to helping people get those requirements + a channel for people who don't even want to join the in-game guild and I'd also be happy to help if you ever need those requirements fufilled (though it depends on the dungeons). I'm not sure how the other guilds run though, they might have different requirements, if any.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah well thats great if youve managed to somehow get a trifecta or a challenger, but if you dont have them yet then that guild isnt an option right? Also if you have the trifectas/challengers there doesnt seem to be any reason to join that guild anymore.
    Edited by endgamesmug on September 7, 2022 11:16PM
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah well thats great if youve managed to somehow get a trifecta or a challenger, but if you dont have them yet then that guild isnt an option right? Also if you have the trifectas/challengers there doesnt seem to be any reason to join that guild anymore.

I joined to get them, which I think is a reason many people join. There's always new trifectas and the people there just enjoy running dungeons. Up to you though, I just wanted to give resources I know of since I've also been through the struggle of trying to find a dungeon guild out of the guilds that are actually just trial guilds.
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »

I joined to get them, which I think is a reason many people join. There's always new trifectas and the people there just enjoy running dungeons. Up to you though, I just wanted to give resources I know of since I've also been through the struggle of trying to find a dungeon guild out of the guilds that are actually just trial guilds.

Thanks very much i appreciate you trying to help out, theres a few of us lost in the sea of pve trial guilds looking for dungeon lovers.
  • NakedJustice69
    I know Hard Dungeoneers has a lot of 5key and 6key groups...

So what exactly is a 5-key or 6-key group? My understanding is that the maximum number of keys you can get from a single dungeon is 2, and then only on vet HM. I can see that you could get a total of 6 keys if you successfully ran all three of the daily Undaunted pledges on vet HM. Is this what you mean?
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I know Hard Dungeoneers has a lot of 5key and 6key groups...

So what exactly is a 5-key or 6-key group? My understanding is that the maximum number of keys you can get from a single dungeon is 2, and then only on vet HM. I can see that you could get a total of 6 keys if you successfully ran all three of the daily Undaunted pledges on vet HM. Is this what you mean?

Yep! 5-key is non-dlc HM + non-dlc HM + dlc and 6-key is non-dlc HM + non-dlc HM + dlc HM. It depends on the dlc pledge on which of the two options people go for, but I still see people doing 6-keys on "5-key days".