The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is there a Deadlands Map?

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Is there a lead from the Merchant for a Deadlands map? If not, is there going to be? I always put a map of the zone where my house is located inside my house, but haven't seen this one yet.

But this brings up another question. Is Doomscar Plateau in Malabar Tor where the entrance is, or in the Deadlands?
PCNA
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It seems obvious the home itself is in the Deadlands.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »

But the entrance is in Malabar Tor and that is where the house icon is in the map, so not completely obvious.
    PCNA
  • ive_wonder
    ive_wonder
    ✭✭✭
    It actually would be great to have another exit directly to Deadlands, hm.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a lead from the Merchant for a Deadlands map? If not, is there going to be? I always put a map of the zone where my house is located inside my house, but haven't seen this one yet.

But this brings up another question. Is Doomscar Plateau in Malabar Tor where the entrance is, or in the Deadlands?

Deadlands seems like a big place, so it would not be unusual for the Plateau to be somewhere other than where we spend our time. The Atoll of Immolation is not where the Burn and Sever are, and the portions of the Deadlands from TES 4 and other places of access, like in Rivenspire, do not seem to be any place that we visit in the DLC and Chapter content.

If anything, I would expect it to be adjacent to, but not accessible from, the Atoll of Immolation, but it could be anywhere.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »

But the entrance is in Malabar Tor and that is where the house icon is in the map, so not completely obvious.

Have you looked out the window? I mean, if there were windows.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I really want to know is if there a lead from the Merchant for a Deadlands map.
    PCNA
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 5:07PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I really want to know is if there a lead from the Merchant for a Deadlands map.

Yes, there is.

Is the merchant wandering the Deadlands or in Fargrave? I couldn't find one yesterday.
    PCNA
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 5:07PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you. :)
    PCNA
  • hondelink
    hondelink
    ✭✭✭
    I got it from merchant at bearers rest tavern in Fargrave
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Within the game, Doomchar Plateau is listed as being in Malabal Tor. I'm thinking that was probably so players who don't own the Deadlands DLC can still come and go freely.

But for houses that touch upon two zones, you could put maps of both zones in them.

The only other house I can think of where this might apply is Sweetwater Cascades, since it has exits to both Blackwood and Northern Elsweyr.

I mean, there's the Grand Psijic Villa, since there's a portal to Artaeum in Summerset-- although I don't think there's an antique map of Artaeum, is there?

And there's the Bastion Sanguinaris, since the immediate entries to Blackreach: Greymoor Caverns are in Western Skyrim-- but is there an antique map of Blackreach?

There's the Observatory Prior, since there's a portal to Clockwork City in Deshaan.

There's the Coldharbour Surreal Estate, since there are portals to Coldharbour in the Fighters Guilds in numerous base game zones.

There's Shalidor's Shrouded Realm, which is in Western Skyrim and wherever.

I might be missing others, such as the house in Fargrave that isn't available yet. And I'm not sure how valid any of this is-- in a few cases it's pretty much up to the individual player to decide. But if there are no antique maps available for certain places, it's a pointless debate anyway.

Addendum: I'm thinking that for Sweetwater Cascades, put a map of Northern Elsweyr by the exit that goes to Northern Elsweyr, and a map of Blackwood by the exit that goes to Blackwood. And for Doomchar Plateau, put a map of the Deadlands wherever you want but away from the exit, and put a map of Malabal Tor by the exit.
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on December 30, 2021 9:06PM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I mean, there's the Grand Psijic Villa, since there's a portal to Artaeum in Summerset-- although I don't think there's an antique map of Artaeum, is there?

nope.