The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Chest locations in Falkreath Hold?

Gleitfrosch
Gleitfrosch
✭✭✭✭
I try to get the lead for the crimson diamond but have to do it solo because groups just rush through the map (who had the idea to put a lead into a chest in a dungeon?).
Is there an overview where the chests can spawn? Best before the third boss.

• Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there is, it should be at UESP website.

But in general, you need to check every house and corner in the the village plus those two catacombs to the right in the dungeon. And sometimes chest is also next to the final boss hut.
  • proprio.meb16_ESO
    proprio.meb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After a few while you should know spawn locations pretty well... theyre no more than a dozen or so..

I think the Map Pins addon could help if youre on pc

The lead is indeed a quite annoying one :(
    Edited by proprio.meb16_ESO on January 1, 2022 4:24AM
  • Gleitfrosch
    Gleitfrosch
    ✭✭✭✭
    did the dungeon for a few hours today, without any luck so far.
    guess im know now what i will be doing the next days.
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first one I know of is behind the ballista after the first boss. Not sure about anywhere in the woods.

Next area - spawn location in building on left - and spawn location in the “alley” area on the right.

When you get to the crossroads - there is one down the road to the left up on a box; and one ahead and up on the porch slightly right.

<fight groups with multiple Minotaurs>

One spawn on the right at the dead end. Continue left for 2 Minotaurs & 1 mage - spawn in last building on left.

Next is at the end of the open area between buildings before the next mob with Minotaurs - and also one up on the porch on BOTH sides of the long building to the left.

2 spawn points in the tiny rooms at the end of the halls inside, and at least one spawn in the actual hall itself.

Last one I know of is on the… right? side of the final Domi building.

S.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's one more location at the bottom of the stairs down the hill before you enter the building with the final boss.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm I've had a chest spawn in the woods at the start, on the left behind a Minotaur.

I saw on another thread someone mentioned that forcing locks seems to be a problem.

I'd done 23 runs a with no luck , hunting down all the chests each time.

Since it was the pledge today I gave it a crack again doing the locks manually - and got it on my second run.

Could have just been my time to get lucky, but I don't think it hurts to pick the locks just to be sure!
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Map Pins is a gods-sent addon for chest hunting. Also having the chest-glowing passive under excavation helps too.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR