The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mitigation: Ironblood vs Swift?

Texecutioner187
Texecutioner187
✭✭✭
Which set do you think works better for damage mitigation? The proc chance of Ironblood since it's higher mitigation or the constant but lower mitigation from Swift? Playing with a build in my head for a MagDK
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ironblood probably better than swift for Mag dk. Swift seems better for necro.

I prefer impregnable for most bgs and no-cp. 3k+ crit resist is a good damage mitigation, I don’t see many people running malacath. Whatever mitigates dot damage better IMO

• Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Udrath wrote: »
    Ironblood probably better than swift for Mag dk. Swift seems better for necro.

I prefer impregnable for most bgs and no-cp. 3k+ crit resist is a good damage mitigation, I don’t see many people running malacath. Whatever mitigates dot damage better IMO

Excuse my stupid question, but doesn't CRIT resist only work against critical hits? Are there still crit builds nowadays?
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a dumb question. You just gotta check logs and see if you think you get crit enough. Ironblood is very strong though, but so are huge random crit burst when it’s down.

Having 20-25k resistance helps of course. Usually two protective rings, 2 heavy reinforced.
    Someone with 20-30% crit is pretty average but high enough to crit often.
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭
    Trees and rocks.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Trees and rocks.

Uh, what?
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    Uh, what?
    LoS. If you have an object between you and an opponent, your damage mitigation is 100% against direct damage attacks.
    A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All of the PvP mitigation sets have some major drawbacks.
    • Ironblood- 5 second cooldown is very bad and the -50% movespeed means only a few classes can use it
    • Aetherial Ascension- Increased cost to block, dodge, break free makes this set unusable for most builds
    • Armor Master- Requires a slot to use (Light Shield, Evasion)
    • Pariah- Low mitigation until around 60% health which means enemy players see your low health and converge on you
    • Brass- Low mitigation comparatively
    • Swift- Low mitigation unless you have < 15k armor (remember: armor and damage reduction are multiplicative which means they reduce each other)
    My philosophy is to avoid running any mitigation sets and instead, run two damage or healer sets and block heavily.

I know you're a Mag DK but as a Mag Sorc if I was forced to pick a mitigation set, it would be:

Dark Conversion: Pariah
    Dark Deal: Aetherial Ascension

YTycsnz.png

See Trial by Fire as well. It's almost as much armor as Aetherial Ascension.

VgGMENC.png

For a hybrid set, use Heartland Conqueror with Defending trait on backbar.

GLk2Sjo.png

Edited by SkaraMinoc on January 19, 2022 6:30PM
    PC NA
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Speed is king in PvP imo, unless you're one of these troll tanks I wouldn't touch Ironblood personally. But that's just my playstyle.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ironblood is supposed to let you use a gap closer when you have the snare effect.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like specter's eye, 100% uptime for 20% aoe reduction, can be back barred. I combine with Heartland Conqueror backbar defending or powered. Front bar, sharpened or charged. My goto necro setup for BGs.