The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Idea - New type of housing

ive_wonder
ive_wonder
✭✭✭
*opens up a scooma bottle and takes a big sniff*
So, hear me out.
What if ZOS implemented a location snipping tool into the game.
You travel through the Tamriel, you see the location, you say to yourself "Shor's bones! I want to live here!" "Bright moons, this one really likes this places!" "By the eight! Best place i've eve *cough* yeah, you get it.
So then player goes to the crown store and buys a snip.
Player then can select an area, size can be up from some limit to some limit. Possibly vary in sized depending on a price paid.
Absolutely essential that snips would be available not only in super large sizes, but in small and medium aswell.
Snipping tool creates a copy of selected area in a separate instance, without the clutter (like containers and furnishing items present on a location).
Instance where copy of area is created looks like some kind of daedric dimension, so lorewise we literally would be creating a copy of location.
So what about the borders? There can be pretty rough snips in some places.
Well, end result may look like some kind of Island in space, with all roughly snipped edges transformed into daedric rock, for example, and if there is water it would create a waterfall.
Also there is an opportunity to sell various backgrounds for said daedric dimension.

• Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this idea because I've been asking for template houses in different planes/realms for ages: the evergloam, the shimmering sands, etc., though I suppose they would also have to provide a way that you can access these areas after finishing the quests associated with them. And it would be great for regular places on the map as well, since a player might want a house, say, in Murkmire, but not something as huge as the Lakemire Xanmeer, so they would be able to still get a house in that zone. Not sure if something like that could be coded into the game, but it'd be great for housing. As a more conservative step, they could start by offering existing NPC houses/buildings as housing instances, that would also be neat.