The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PvP bug list

fred4
fred4
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
  1. Ultimate delays. No, I'm not talking about the 400ms ultimate delay, I'm talking about defensive ultimates. Ultimates that don't even need a target such as the 1H+S ult. I've learnt from bitter experience that I had better get off another Vigor, another Rally, anything other than an ultimate, because those skills feel more responsive. You can hammer the ult key for 2, 3 or 4 seconds. Sometimes that's how long it takes for it to finally activate. This has been the case since forever and, no, it's not because the ultimate isn't ready. You would hear the ultimate bell in that case. I feel like I'm going out of my mind. Just in case, can anyone corroborate the same experience or do you disagree?
  2. Gap closers in IC and BGs being randomly locked out until you reslot or relog, notably Dragon Leap.
  3. Being stuck in combat in Cyrodiil, unable to mount, even though you can successfully crouch and the eye closes.
  4. Why are potions influenced by the global cooldown? They already have a cooldown of their own. Potions feel as unresponsive as ultimates sometimes.
  5. Keep doors being unresponsive in heavy fighting scenarios, which leads you to spam the action key and frequently leads you to immediately go back out. I imagine this is due to lag, but it might help greatly if the action got queued and was only affected by it's own cooldown, not the GCD or anything else. You could fix accidental double door usage at the same time.
These are smaller issues that ZOS could fix. Lag is one thing, but it's not everything, and some of these issues also happen in no lag.

Anyway, let me know whether I'm correct or incorrect on point 1 or what else to add to this list. Let's stick to combat issues, things that are either straight up bugs or that would make combat feel more responsive. We all know lag is the biggest culprit, but I'm afraid that other issues may be lumped in with lag in our minds, which are actually not lag.
PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • gamma71
    gamma71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same list since 2014. Just beating a dead 🐴. The keep door thing drives me insane am I going in or going out.....
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    6. Dark convergence does not always appear or show enemy aoe. (invisible to enemies)

7. Getting pulled out of stealth from a direct damage aoe? (only know noxious breath does this) desyncs your healthbar.

8. Elemental weapon + overload light attacks desync your healthbar for couple years allready

9. Positional desyncs from server not able to handle positional values quick enough resulting in getting hit by aoe you allready walked out of, los working extremely well, out of range when trying to target enemy running away, aoe missing from target running away.

10. Ram spins around like a breakdancer instead of going straight towards the door.

11. Ballistas sometimes hitting the ground right infront of it instead of target location

12. Negates not able to counter negates (need verification as i have not tested this in a long time)

13. Getting healed by your own templar healing aoe's sometimes dismounts you.

14. After getting stunned you sometimes need to break free multiple times to get yourself unstuck in high server load situations.

Thats about all i can think of at this point. Please continue this thread or correct me if any of these bugs are fixed/doesnt work.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LUA API is missing line of sight function. Twilight Matriarch healing in battlegrounds is extremely painful with all of the pillars and wall hugging. We need a unit line of sight API. Either that or make Twilight Matriarch heal through walls just like resto Life Giver and Ward Ally.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on January 9, 2022 10:34AM
    PC NA
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -- doublepost
    Edited by divnyi on December 29, 2021 6:58PM
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    p1 is just lag. Nothing like that happens in BGs.
    p4 is a thing. Captured on vid here (sound is there but is too quiet behind music, since I started dodging I was trying to chug a pot)
    Edited by divnyi on December 29, 2021 6:58PM
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    15. detection potions providing zero detection
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure the person didn't shade away?
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    didn't even activate the eye which it does other times
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭
    BREAK FREE NOT WORKING LATELY WITH FULL BAR OF STAMINA.....come on ZOS. [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 1, 2022 1:34PM
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe related - the game seems to have trouble tracking the position of a fast-moving NB that has been detected, they will sometimes appear to completely freeze then blink across the screen, repeatedly freezing and blinking, making it very difficult to pursue them let alone hit them. No, this is not their shade port.

Fossilize still randomly grays out against non-cc-immune targets. The loud humming sound effect from the Seething Fury buff attached to Molten Whip persists indefinitely if you have stacks active when combat ends.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please prioritize the essential core combat bugs:
    1. Break free not working, even with excess stamina to do so
    2. Abilities not actually working despite the animation showing up, like mist form giving you the mist animation but it just cancels out
    3. Gap closers in imperial city not working/being greyed out like Dragon leap
    4. Relentless focus/Merciless resolve bugging out and causing the spectral arrow to just disappear instead of firing(there have been times where I fired an arrow at a stunned player and got no damage numbers)
    5. Abilities double casting, sometimes I'll hit one ability in lag and game decides to double cast it which runs my resource pool more than I intended
    6. Fossilize being bugged when opponent uses escapist poisons that grant CC immunity, for some reason fossilize just will not allow you to fossilize your target long past the CC immunity cooldown of fossilize. Have to use some other cc on the target to get fossilize working again

Just a few I can think of
    Edited by xDeusEJRx on January 2, 2022 3:46PM
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • milllaurie
    milllaurie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cc immunity does not work properly in lag.
    You can get chain cc'ed right after breaking free. Dark convergences can still ping pong you back and forth.
    Guard npcs often ignore Cc immunity and chain stun you several times in a row.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it be simpler to list what *is* working and then ask them to work on the rest?
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be simpler to list what *is* working and then ask them to work on the rest?

ROFL.. that was my thought as well, even though it would be a pretty short list. :)
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to wonder how many people would not play this game if it weren't for PvP. Those same people would likely flock to a new PvP game if it were even a little better. The fact we all still play this just shows how sad the state of the genre truly is. Someone is really missing an opportunity here, just make a game like Cyrodiil with better balance and performance, less bugs.....profit! [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 9, 2022 6:21PM
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EmperorIl wrote: »
    I have to wonder how many people would not play this game if it weren't for PvP. Those same people would likely flock to a new PvP game if it were even a little better. The fact we all still play this just shows how sad the state of the genre truly is. Someone is really missing an opportunity here, just make a game like Cyrodiil with better balance and performance, less bugs.....profit! [snip]

While PVP is never my primary draw to a game, I bored of the repetitive PVE, dumb mechanics and the need to weave to do good DPS in this game long ago. While I would not flock to a new PVP game, I would leave in a heartbeat if any new / better game came along. So while PVP is pretty much the only thing holding myself and many others I know here for the time being, it won't necessarily need to be a PVP game that cancels our ESO subscriptions.

That said, the worst the performance gets in ESO, the better some of the older existing options out there are looking as well. If I have to be bored in a game I played to death already, it might as well be one I can actually play.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 9, 2022 6:22PM
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can list bugs and things that are wrong with pvp until we are blue in the face but its not going to do anything unless performance is addressed! The games engine and servers are too old to to keep up with the demand pvp puts on them and with the lack of upgrading these and communication from the pvp team and devs, our lists are going to go un noticed anyway. Hate to say it as I only play eso for its pvp but I feel as though the peak performance has gone with no chance of return.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xandreia_ wrote: »
    We can list bugs and things that are wrong with pvp until we are blue in the face but its not going to do anything unless performance is addressed! The games engine and servers are too old to to keep up with the demand pvp puts on them and with the lack of upgrading these and communication from the pvp team and devs, our lists are going to go un noticed anyway. Hate to say it as I only play eso for its pvp but I feel as though the peak performance has gone with no chance of return.

Well there is a chance, because the crappy performance has made its way well into the PVE game now too. Which will probably cause ZOS to do something about it, and PVP may get better as a side effect of them fixing PVE.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    let's not forget:

-- Fort Glademist scroll bug
    -- Can't counter-negate bug (never confirmed if that was intended or not)
    -- And of course everyone's favorite, stuck in combat