The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magblade dps sets?

OWLTHEMAD
OWLTHEMAD
✭✭✭✭
Coming back to the game from a long break.

I used to use master architect pretty religiously on my magblade but now if im not mistaken, the uptime on major slayer is lower when used with soul harvest.

Ive tried swapping to false gods or sirorias in the mean time to . . . Middling performance.

Anything that really shines on the nightblade these days?

Should i continue to use master architect?

Im not a fan of the new trial sets and would like to avoid them if possible but still need a decent settup until i can farm it.

Also is mothers sorrow still good? I noticed its dropped from most meta builds and didnt know it was just cuz the new sets are better or if crit has suddenly become non optimal.

If anyone can enlighten me that would be fantastic.
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bahsei + Kinras + Kilt for all mag toons and all content or go home. Everything else is significantly behind. Well done Zos.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess you're talking about PVE here? If so I think I heard that nightblade isn't performing very well for DPS this patch but I haven't done testing and proven it myself. I use a mag sorc for PVE. Stam blade (and possibly mag blade) for PVP I hear is pretty good these days however. And of course the sets you'd use for CP vs. no-CP PVP vs PVE are completely different as well. So if you get a chance specify which one you're asking about please.

And as usual (this hasn't changed) you'll want to choose sets based on what kind of attacks/skills you prefer to use. There are sets that buff just destruction staff attacks, all electrical elemental damage, all magic damage, etc. etc. so you choose the set based on which skills you'll be using.

For example a stam toon might choose the Sword-Singer set if they plan to use mostly 2-handed attack abilities etc. or Sword-Dancer to buff dual-wield skills.

Kusto's comment above I believe to be true. However sometimes people equip sets that they think sound good but then don't do the things that proc the 5th piece item buff. So unless you're heavy or light attacking a whole lot then kinra sounds like it wouldn't be for you.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kusto wrote: »
    Bahsei + Kinras + Kilt for all mag toons and all content or go home. Everything else is significantly behind. Well done Zos.

Sad but true. However with Medusa and Bahsei, no kilt and 2pc Nirieneth on a Khajiit Magblade I can still hit 96K which is about 15K off the meta but still an excessive amount of damage for any content in the game.

To be honest damage is so easy this patch you can throw on any two damage sets you like and still hit 80+ with a sloppy rotation.

The build diversity is long gone though because these two sets outperform the other by far, at least until they ever add AY flame staff to the game. If that happens everyone’s Kinras will go straight into a coffee next to their DV 🤣
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with @Everest_Lionheart. While I run the Bahsei + Kinras setup, you can still run MS + Medusa + a monster set and be just fine. Especially if you are just running dungeons and not trials, but its not like you will be a wet noodle in a trial if you run the old setup.
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    So update, still running Ms and master architect, and getting perfectly acceptable performance from it.

Probably swap to kinras but skip bahseis to max out group utility
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farming Medusa inferno is real easy this days, as well as "mythic-legendary-no one saw it" BSW inferno xd

So Medusa + MS + Zaan still an old school and viable stuff, especially in dungeons since there are a lot of mobile and semi-quick fights where you have no time to gain stacks of some new meta bs.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    Farming Medusa inferno is real easy this days, as well as "mythic-legendary-no one saw it" BSW inferno xd

So Medusa + MS + Zaan still an old school and viable stuff, especially in dungeons since there are a lot of mobile and semi-quick fights where you have no time to gain stacks of some new meta bs.

My Magblade is still Khajiit so I decided to ditch the kilt. I run Medusa and Bahsei with Iceheart these days especially for hard modes. The proc hits harder than Zaan’s and it can also crit. It’s also nice for the extra shield when I do take risks to push those extra 2 executes when I probably shouldn’t. With Bahsei it’s just about managing the max mag and when done right the executes hit in excess of 130K after an incap.