The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Night's Silence EVER going to be fixed?

Arato
Arato
✭✭✭✭✭
The set's 5 piece bonus has been broken ever since deadlands dropped. I've tried unequipping it and reapplying it, and I still don't get the benefit of the 5 piece bonus anymore.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on February 7, 2022 11:32PM
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully this gets looked at soon (as well as a few other sets working incorrectly since Deadlands patch)- but I am unaware of a use for this set, when much better sneaking / thieving / pickpocketing / movement / speed setups exist.

S.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably will be fixed. Not this year, though. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will it? Yes.

When, who knows. Likely during first quarter.

And will it break again sometime later? Probably.
    PC NA
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully this gets looked at soon (as well as a few other sets working incorrectly since Deadlands patch)- but I am unaware of a use for this set, when much better sneaking / thieving / pickpocketing / movement / speed setups exist.

S.
    Its nice for stamina builds not wanting to be an vampire and and having good movement speed during heists and similar.
    The other sneak sets is mostly for increasing stealth who is diminishing return, and yes wild hunt can pretty much replace night silence, not as fast but just one item.
    Wonder if the overland magic set with ignore speed penalty during sneak work or if it has the same bug?
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

S.
    Its nice for stamina builds not wanting to be an vampire and and having good movement speed during heists and similar.
    The other sneak sets is mostly for increasing stealth who is diminishing return, and yes wild hunt can pretty much replace night silence, not as fast but just one item.
    Wonder if the overland magic set with ignore speed penalty during sneak work or if it has the same bug?

It works. It’s a mag set. Only the stam set broke.
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All good. My only argument comes when comparing the usefulness of speed vs stealth in any of those examples.

Plus - if you run 2/4 of your Darloc pieces as Hidden Moon Band rings - that come with Swift trait already on them… any speed boosts from a set line, are moot.

Just think of the ratio of time when you are running a Heist. How much of that time are you actually utilizing any sort of speed boost - vs crouched and waiting for a lantern to pass, or to get an NPC to reposition?

The mechanic always gives you enough time to hide in a basket as a guard passes, to be able to use a hallway, for example.

Remember - at it’s base, all of that content is designed to be done with no help from gear. You can easily do it on a lumbering tank as soon as you have done it a small number of times to recognize the movement patterns; secret passages; and preferred route.

Being sneaky allows you more leeway in making mistakes; not having to wait the extra second or two when an NPC passes; etc. A speed boost only gets you from purposeful pinch-point to pinch-point. You still gotta not be seen waiting. And waiting. And waiting.

S.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did vamp + adept + Darlocs for a while. My stealth speed and mag sustain was insane.

I really don't think you can be too fast. Could knock out Elven Guards daily in 60 seconds and easily get back to base against the timer on the hardest Sacraments and heists.
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All good. My only argument comes when comparing the usefulness of speed vs stealth in any of those examples.

Plus - if you run 2/4 of your Darloc pieces as Hidden Moon Band rings - that come with Swift trait already on them… any speed boosts from a set line, are moot.

Just think of the ratio of time when you are running a Heist. How much of that time are you actually utilizing any sort of speed boost - vs crouched and waiting for a lantern to pass, or to get an NPC to reposition?

The mechanic always gives you enough time to hide in a basket as a guard passes, to be able to use a hallway, for example.

Remember - at it’s base, all of that content is designed to be done with no help from gear. You can easily do it on a lumbering tank as soon as you have done it a small number of times to recognize the movement patterns; secret passages; and preferred route.

Being sneaky allows you more leeway in making mistakes; not having to wait the extra second or two when an NPC passes; etc. A speed boost only gets you from purposeful pinch-point to pinch-point. You still gotta not be seen waiting. And waiting. And waiting.

S.

I liked using 4 pieces of draeloc, 3 pieces of night terror, and 5 pieces of night's silence as I was not a vampire, on a stamblade, and a lot of the time even just doing delve quests, I just plain didn't want to bother getting in combat, I just wanted to get to my goal and be done, which being fast while stealthed helped for.

overly repetitive combat wears thin, stealth helps avoid it, but being slow as molasses doesn't help.
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *darloc brae too.. scuse me.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I doubt it will ever be fixed at this rate. It's multiple sneak skill based sets that aren't working currently. It's destroyed my sneaky builds on all my toons... I have like 50 pieces of night's silence ready for decon because I have doubts... I want my mats back!!
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭

S.

It's about speed. I can complete most of the TG heists with 3-4 minutes remaining. Without gear, I'm usually pushing it with a minute or less left.

So do ~3 minutes matter? Given the lack of curated loot for Hew's Bane sets, YES.

I'm about 20 pieces away from collecting them all. All of the 20 I'm missing are the off-weight items that only drop in the coffers...which are not curated. So with something like 72 total items available. I have a 20/72 chance of getting one of the ones I need. With 5 characters running heists every day, It will be MONTHS before I get them all. 3 minute per character per day for 90 days is 22 hours saved.

And yes, this is a thinly veiled rant against the strange exponential increase in difficulty in collecting crappy Hew's Bane sets!
    Edited by krachall on December 28, 2021 11:10PM
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    Yeah, I doubt it will ever be fixed at this rate. It's multiple sneak skill based sets that aren't working currently. It's destroyed my sneaky builds on all my toons... I have like 50 pieces of night's silence ready for decon because I have doubts... I want my mats back!!
    Is there any list of sneak sets somewhere that are still working? Night's Silence used to be a part of my sneak setup. (along with Night Terror and Draloc Brae)

I need to do DB sacrements on my latest character to get that sweet Shadow Rider passive. I'll have to replace Night's Silence with that alternative mag set then.
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    I did vamp + adept + Darlocs for a while. My stealth speed and mag sustain was insane.

I really don't think you can be too fast. Could knock out Elven Guards daily in 60 seconds and easily get back to base against the timer on the hardest Sacraments and heists.
    Found that nights silence + ring of wild hunt made you so fast sneaking that you had an risk of running into people but more traps who then made them see you :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrm. My stam thief is still using the Night's Silence/Night Mother's Embrace, that I got for them back when I did TG back in the day. Never really paid much attention to newer stealth sets.
    (making it obvious how old the setup is, it's actually 6/5 Night's Silence because when I built it you didn't get 2 parts from 2-handed weapons. I really need to update that character sometime.... :# )
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update (cross-link) for anyone who finds this thread instead of the main thread for this bug, there was a ZoS post on January 27 (2022) indicating that the devs have found the problem and are working on a fix. No ETA yet, and the fix is not mentioned in the Ascending Flame U33 PTS patch notes yet.
  • DagenHawk
    DagenHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arato wrote: »
    The set's 5 piece bonus has been broken ever since deadlands dropped. I've tried unequipping it and reapplying it, and I still don't get the benefit of the 5 piece bonus anymore.

That is now a beloved feature, that fans want to stay the same.

No....really....