The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Were there ever any discounts for ESO+?

AlandroSul
AlandroSul
✭✭
Also, was there an unlimited crafting bag when the subscription was obligatory (before Tamriel Unlimited)? Asking out of curiosity.

Best Answers

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Crafting Bag was added to the ESO+ subscription with the Dark Brotherhood DLC. There was nothing like it prior. I recall it being a major incentive for people I knew to subscribe when it came out.

ESO+ has periodic free trials. Beyond the longer cost of subscribing for longer periods, there have been no other discounts.
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 26, 2021 7:54PM
    Answer ✓
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlandroSul wrote: »
    The Crafting Bag was added to the ESO+ subscription with the Dark Brotherhood DLC. There was nothing like it prior. I recall it being a major incentive for people I knew to subscribe when it came out.

So, basically, there wasn't any unlimited way of storing materials? Just like without buying the subscription right now?

PS: You are everywhere on this forum. Thanks for helping out.

Thanks! And yes, there was no unlimited storage and we all played with those tiny 200 slot inventories and 240/480 bank slots, since Housing chests were also in the future.

Lots of people had mules characters or used the Guild Bank trick where you made 9 alt accounts during a free to play period and got yourself a guild bank with 500 slots.
    Answer ✓
  • AlandroSul
    AlandroSul
    ✭✭

So, basically, there wasn't any unlimited way of storing materials? Just like without buying the subscription right now?

• AlandroSul
    AlandroSul
    ✭✭

Thanks! And yes, there was no unlimited storage and we all played with those tiny 200 slot inventories and 240/480 bank slots, since Housing chests were also in the future.

But you were still starting from 60 slots, right? And you had to upgrade it?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But you were still starting from 60 slots, right? And you had to upgrade it?

Yep.
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There wasnt double bank space either in the beginning if i remember correctly, so 260 was max bank. And grinding gold was much harder so it took a lot of time to max the inventory.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU