Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

AP counter to next Alliance war rank, yes or no?

rexagamemnon
rexagamemnon
✭✭✭✭✭
Should ZOS implement an AP counter for current rank to next rank similar to character level and champion points?

AP counter to next Alliance war rank, yes or no? 15 votes

Yes
80%
FluffyReachWitchred_emuxylena_lazarowjaws343DimpfelrexagamemnonhafgoodspacefrackingxDeusEJRxbugoutmixxPvP_Exploiter 12 votes
No
20%
NegativeVibesEdmondDontesAJones43865 3 votes
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Ghostbane already wrote an add-on that does this. It works really well too, and has a slick graphic interface.

(I would have voted yes if what you are asking for didn't already exist and is working very well)

It's called AP meter, by Ghostbane. Can find it on Minion.

Thank him for it if you ever see him again. Pretty sure he quit playing ESO due to performance issues.
    Edited by AJones43865 on December 22, 2021 5:19PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if it's from said addon but it shows you the numbers if you hover over the rank bar it in the alliance war window.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Ghostbane already wrote an add-on that does this. It works really well too, and has a slick graphic interface.

(I would have voted yes if what you are asking for didn't already exist and is working very well)

Thank him for it if you ever see him again. Pretty sure he quit playing ESO due to performance issues.

That's cool and all for 1/3rd of the playerbase.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I don't know if it's from said addon but it shows you the numbers if you hover over the rank bar it in the alliance war window.
    I don't have the addon, but I do get the popup with the numbers, pretty sure it's included in the base game.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

I don't give a fart about addons, im talking about the game itself.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Without addons, I can hover over that green bar showing the AP till next rank and see the number of how much AP I need.

Example:6eFjdiM.png

I dunno if that works on console, but that's how I tell on PC.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Without addons, I can hover over that green bar showing the AP till next rank and see the number of how much AP I need.

For console, you can see your current rank, and a general idea of where the bar is, but not your actual progress in number form on the bar.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

For console, you can see your current rank, and a general idea of where the bar is, but not your actual progress in number form on the bar.

Ah, that's annoying. ZOS should fix that for consoles.
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

As @jaws343 you can’t do that on console
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    No

You can always swap to PC. The game was designed for PC and will always perform best on PC.

Don't mistake that comment as saying PC players enjoy good performance. We on the same servers as gameboxes....and opening the game up to game boxes is right about the time performance really started the downhill slide by the way. Then they moved most calculations to server side and things really went badly after that.

And did I mention, there is already an add-on that does what you are asking. :)
    Edited by AJones43865 on December 23, 2021 4:15PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can always swap to PC. The game was designed for PC and will always perform best on PC.

Don't mistake that comment as saying PC players enjoy good performance. We on the same servers as gameboxes....and opening the game up to game boxes is right about the time performance really started the downhill slide by the way. Then they moved most calculations to server side and things really went badly after that.

And did I mention, there is already an add-on that does what you are asking. :)

I play on PC, and frankly, it seems like it would be easy for ZOS to just add actual numbers to console like base game PC players have.

Addons aren't even necessary here. All ZOS has to do is make the information available in the base game visible without having to "mouse over" the progress bar for players who don't play mouse and keyboard.

I mean, I'd say there are plenty of reasons to play on PC...but this doesn't have to be one of them.