The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What is your opinion on the current crown store desing?

ive_wonder
ive_wonder
✭✭✭
Hello, i want to hear your opinion about current crown store design.
Are you satisfied with it right now?
Personally, i would prefer it to be changed in a few major ways.
First - get rid of FOMO. Nearly all items should be available at all times.
If a customer wants something, customer should be able to aquire it.
House availability situation is simply unacceptable, when you easily can wait for around a year for house to be available to buy.
Some content is ok to be seasonal, like christmas and halloween items.
Second - get rid of lootboxes.
I think world is moving on from that monetization model.
[snip]
I cannot look at lootbox and not be disgusted.
It's like coming to a farmers market, asking for an apple, and farmer starts juggling and throwing some random non-edible stuff at you.
Third - there should be periodic sales on some categories of content, on select emotes, costumes etc etc, if we do previous adjustments.
Fourth (highly debatable) - maybe include battle pass? At least with battle pass customer gets what he/she paid for.
And don't make it time-limited, whoever buys it will complete it no matter what.

[edited for bashing]
Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 19, 2021 6:52PM
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think what's sad is the fact that ESO is a very good game, it has one of the best IP's ever made, ( Elder Scrolls ) [snip]

I agree that loot boxes of any kind are outrageous especially in this game, that imho is too good for it and doing so degrages it.

The fact things aren't account wide [snip] and things aren't explained clearly, like the whole recent respec scroll / vampire bites etc fiasco

Stuff like the Armoury assistant and name race scrolls are too expensive as well.ESPECIALLY considering they're not account wide and only useable on one char,
    Other games do race change for £10 and ESO you have to buy the 5.5k crown packs. at £30.

That popup at the login is extremely annoying as well. I mean I already pay for my ESO+ and then you get that rammed in your face every time.
    It even pops up randomly in dungeons.

I feel like it would have more credibility if it was more transparent about things, like the merchant not being able to repair gearm and you can respec at shrines ect.

It's a bit cheeky and we hold Elder Scrolls to a higher standard.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 19, 2021 6:53PM
  • ive_wonder
    ive_wonder
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, thank you for reminding me!
    I could add a fifth step called "Removing of unnecessary items".
    Respect scrolls, vampire bites, crown potions, food, mount levelling items should be removed.
    And as a follow-up.
    If those items removed there will be gaps in daily reward system, solution first thing i can think of - just give some crowns, seals of endeavor, discount vouchers as a rewards instead?
    And mount levelling system shouldn't exist, like at all. It's absolutely artificial problem that customers are expected to solve with their wallets, no other mmos i played (ffxiv, wow, gw2) have that system in place.
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive said in a numerous thread and I say it again, remove the gambling, gems, crowns and other made up currencies blurring the real cost of things. Make it a fair trade and you too can finally sleep better at night.
    Edited by daim on December 19, 2021 12:17AM
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • ive_wonder
    ive_wonder
    ✭✭✭
    daim wrote: »
    Ive said in a numerous thread and I say it again, remove the gambling, gems, crowns and other made up currencies blurring the real cost of things. Make it a fair trade and you too sleep better at night.

Yea, actually, it might be the way too.
    FFXIV and WoW micro transaction stores use real-world currencies to mark the price and it doesn't seem that they aren't making the bank, especially FFXIV, i played it for a long time and noticed, that whenever new emote would come in their store, i login and i see that emote being used by a lot of players, old stuff being bought pretty frequently too.
    Also if they ever will go to just plain selling things, they shouldn't overprice the mounts, thats on contrary, i don't see people overusing mogstation mounts, i bet high price is contributing to that a lot :)
    Edited by ive_wonder on December 19, 2021 12:25AM
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with Op, specially about FOMO and [snip] crates.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 19, 2021 6:51PM