Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Gifts sent to me are being automatically returned.

rustle911
rustle911
✭✭✭
Just wondering what might cause the game to allow a gift of crown crates to be sent to me, but as soon as I log in to claim them the gift is being automatically sent back to the person who sent them. Both accounts have been active for over two years so the 30 day lock has long since passed. There have been other things gifted between the two accounts before and this hasn't been an issue. I've opened a ticket with support but I'm hoping that I can get it resolved quickly as there are items I want.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a recent issue with crates? Do you live in a country that doesn't allow the purchase of crates yourself? It could be related to that. There may be an addon that is auto returning store gifts, either intentionally or unintentionally.
  • rustle911
    rustle911
    ✭✭✭
    Is this a recent issue with crates? Do you live in a country that doesn't allow the purchase of crates yourself? It could be related to that. There may be an addon that is auto returning store gifts, either intentionally or unintentionally.

If it's an addon then it's because of something update wise. I know it isn't a country thing because we literally were gifting stuff on console last night. I found that somehow I was ignoring her and she'd been removed from my friends list, but I haven't ignored/blocked anyone in game ever. Even after resolving that she isn't getting my friend invites and I'm not getting hers. I'm hoping after sending in the info to customer support they'll be able to figure it out.
  • rustle911
    rustle911
    ✭✭✭
    So it turns out that there is something to us logging in with the same computer. We tried logging in at the same time from different PCs in our house and now the gifting and friend requests are working. I kind of get the idea of preventing hacking and abuse of accounts, but it would seem to me that if that's the case there would be some kind of e-mail or error notification that would pop up to show that it was a problem. It also reminds me of some of the ban complaints I've seen when multiple people log in from the same location as the server sees it as a message spam because the comms are coming from the same local IP.