The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Spaulder of Ruin?

Daemonai
Daemonai
✭✭✭✭
Before I farm this mythic, I need to know if the user benefits from the effect? It's hard to justify disrupting my monster set if not.

Edit: Turns out I already had the leads. The user doesn't benefit from the weapon/spell damage buff.
Edited by Daemonai on December 16, 2021 5:38PM
  • tenryuta
    tenryuta
    ✭✭✭
    if multiple auras can overlap>:)
  • WabanakiWarrior
    WabanakiWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    Oh damn that's disappointing. When I read the description, it seemed perfect for a solo ganker. So it really is just made for someone hiding in a zerg spamming snipe or something. Disappointing.

Is there a role for it in pve? A healer sitting in stealth all fight and spamming minor/major courage maybe?
    PS4 NA
    Grand Master Crafter, PVP, Housing nerd
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's tailored for pve tanks and possibly healers to buff their group with damage. Could work in pvp maybe.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    It's tailored for pve tanks and possibly healers to buff their group with damage. Could work in pvp maybe.

Sure, it could, cause we all know ball groups are in dire need of buff ;)
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, but is the drain on resources worth the small buff to the group? The other healer in my trials group tried it and was not loving its effect on sustain. Since my healer is an off-meta Nord, I'm probably not going to run it (at least on that character). Maybe I'll put Harmony traits on my jewelry and try it on my tank.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put it on a tank with Deep Thoughts and/or Spell Symmetry and it works really well in group play. Wouldn't put it on a healer who's job is to keep people alive as you don't want them running out of resources.
    Edited by Vevvev on December 17, 2021 6:06PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s definitely not something that empowers the wearer but teammates — definitely a support item and I don’t know if you’d want to use it in PVP. I wouldn’t, but maybe a well-organized group could support the wearer, Idk.

For trials, in can pair well with Martial Knowledge. It’s not the easiest to pull off as you need to mind your resources and keep stamina low but still enough to block or dodge roll when needed.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah, but is the drain on resources worth the small buff to the group? The other healer in my trials group tried it and was not loving its effect on sustain. Since my healer is an off-meta Nord, I'm probably not going to run it (at least on that character). Maybe I'll put Harmony traits on my jewelry and try it on my tank.

I mainly do dungeons and I use it on a tank. I still have 1700 mag recovery after the drain for 3 teammates so its a nice group buff. On a healer in trials it might be too much drain to handle.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh damn that's disappointing. When I read the description, it seemed perfect for a solo ganker. So it really is just made for someone hiding in a zerg spamming snipe or something. Disappointing.

Is there a role for it in pve? A healer sitting in stealth all fight and spamming minor/major courage maybe?

No, you don’t stay in stealth, just crouch once to activate and then move and fight as normal (only with lower resource regen). I don’t think it would benefit someone hiding in a zerg although they might benefit those around them until they died.