The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mauls can't be bought

mark.alexander5neb18_ESO
I'm just researching traits and need a Maul. So I go to the closest guild trader and buy one. But it turns out to be a Mace. So I go back and ensure the 2-handed melee option is ticked and I buy another with a trait I need to research. That turns out to be a mace as well. No matter what I do I can't buy a Maul
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just type maul in the search box
  • mark.alexander5neb18_ESO
    That's what I did, and even narrowed it down by only searching for Mauls in the 2-weapon section. Even the 2-h mauls in the Maul section were classified as Maces and couldn't be researched as Mauls
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pick a different guild trader
  • Zinpix
    Zinpix
    Guild traders just have what people have posted in them, try anotehr trader.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A 'maul' is another word for '2-handed mace'.

But as long as it's not Nirnhoned, you can basically ask someone in a guild or even /zone chat if they can make you a certain item for research.

Nirnhoned weapons tend to need you to provide the Potent Nirncrux or else pay.
    PC NA