Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

any replacement for omnistats addon?

Necrotech_Master
Necrotech_Master
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
recently (maybe 3-4 months ago) i had to get rid of onmistats addon because it was no longer being updated and no longer worked with the current game version, but i really enjoyed this addon to see important character info without actually opening my character sheet (i used this addon for probably like 4 years if not more)

i havent seen any addons in minion that provide a similar functionality

my use case for omnistats was i displayed, max mag/hp/stam, recovery for all 3 (so i could monitor changes), dmg/crit/penetration/resistances (again so i could monitor changes) as it helped me notice when my buffs were down (when i lost buffs the text color turned red, and i also like looking at the actual numbers, not images with timers, although i do use an addon for those too)

i also liked being able to see my actual numbers so i could see while in active combat, oh my weapon dmg is buffed to 8k right now

would anyone have any suggestions/ideas of something similar, or if possible actually get some updates for omnistats (either update old version or make a new version)
plays PC/NA
handle @Necrotech_Master
active player since april 2014
  • M0R_Gaming
    M0R_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    I've taken a look around esoui, and I've been unable to find anything like omni stats that's still being supported. I can try updating the addon, but I'm currently a bit busy so if it's not a quick fix, then I probably wont be able to upload it until next week or so.

In the meantime, Greyskull does something similar, just only for Weapon/Spell damage.
    • PC/NA - PvP/PvE AD Magsorc main
    • Former Emp, All HMs but DSR
    My addons
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    M0R_Gaming wrote: »
    I've taken a look around esoui, and I've been unable to find anything like omni stats that's still being supported. I can try updating the addon, but I'm currently a bit busy so if it's not a quick fix, then I probably wont be able to upload it until next week or so.

In the meantime, Greyskull does something similar, just only for Weapon/Spell damage.

i think i saw greyskull and it is kind of helpful but didnt use it because its just too limiting, although i appreciate the suggestion

im surprised omnistats lasted as long as it did without updates honestly (last update i saw when i checked was 2017, and it only just broke this year i think around sept/oct timeframe
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • M0R_Gaming
    M0R_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    So, I gave an updated version of it (which is also discontinued), Omni Stats, a shot, and it looks like it does work. However, looking into the code, it follows outdated practices, such as including libraries with the addon.
    In about a week, I'll work on remaking the addon and then comment here with its link, but until then, the addon linked above should work.

(Top left corner of image)
    2f5tvpj5gkm9.png
    Edited by M0R_Gaming on December 16, 2021 11:00PM
    My addons
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i am not at all surprised that the code isnt up to standards considering its been out of date for 4 years

i had to delete that addon along with a few other outdated addons a few months ago when libmainmenu-2.0 was updated (i had some which still internally had the library because they were so out of date and the game was selecting the older one which was causing issues such as not displaying addon settings for ones using the newer library)

i am fine waiting for a newer version, i believe i was already using that version you linked (due to my mention of last update being 2017) before the l had the above issue with the libmainmenu library (i think this version was only recently added to being discontinued, sometime this year i think)

if a manual install will work that would be nice, but i think it would make sense to get a newer version from minion (so easier to remove/install/update, and other benefits like better coding)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • M0R_Gaming
    M0R_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, I'm so sorry for the massive delay in responding.
    I have just gone through and updated omni stats for the latest eso version, removing libstub and other problems that would keep it from running. In addition, I've also slightly changed the autohide code so it feels a bit more 'responsive'.
    The addon should now also appear in minion again, and be good to update from there. Please let me know if you come across any issues and I'll be sure to fix them!

The addon link is the same as the old one: https://esoui.com/downloads/info863-OmniStats.html#info
    My addons
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks!, i will take a look at it tonight, if i find any issues ill let you know

i really appreciate it, im not too worried the past couple weeks were over the holidays so i wasnt really expecting to hear much lol

plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @M0R_Gaming everything is overall working great, however i did notice one graphical issue with the display, the "border" background doesnt seem to fit the text well (i have text alpha 100, background alpha 30, and window scaling 120) and this is what it is looking like this (with the red box around it)

xnd7vhdb9nh1.png
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • M0R_Gaming
    M0R_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, il look into it, thanks for letting me know.
    Are you able to still able to click and move the window on the text that is not in the box?
    Edited by M0R_Gaming on January 7, 2022 2:49AM
    My addons
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it looks like i still have to click and drag the box to actually move the window, the overflowing text isnt clickable

but functionally speaking everything is still working

if i change the scaling, the text looks like it fits in the box better, but starts to get too small on my large monitor, so it might be the box is not scaling correctly with the window scaling setting
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • M0R_Gaming
    M0R_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I think I know what the issue is then. I'll take a look at it after tonight's raid.
    My addons
  • M0R_Gaming
    M0R_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for letting me know about the bug! I've gone ahead and fixed it in the latest release. In addition, the addon now also has the option to display uespLog's Effective Weapon/Spell damage (if uespLog is not installed, then the option will be greyed out).
    My addons
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    awesome!, so far everything looks like its working great but ill keep you posted if i run into any other weirdness
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master