The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sword Singer and % weapon damage.

sionIV
sionIV
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been going through some old threads on this forum and reddit, but I wasn't able to find an answer to this question.

The Sword Singer set adds 600 Weapon Damage and Spell Damage to your Two Handed abilities. How does this work with skills/gear that increases your % weapon damage like Major Brutality or Agility?

If you played a stamina character, who only used Two Handed Abilities (hypothetical) for damage, would using Sword Singer over Hunding's Rage give twice as much Weapon Damage (600 vs 300), or would Sword Singer lose some from % bonuses?

There might be a very simple answer to this question, but I haven't been able to find one.
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    sionIV wrote: »
    I've been going through some old threads on this forum and reddit, but I wasn't able to find an answer to this question.

The Sword Singer set adds 600 Weapon Damage and Spell Damage to your Two Handed abilities. How does this work with skills/gear that increases your % weapon damage like Major Brutality or Agility?

If you played a stamina character, who only used Two Handed Abilities (hypothetical) for damage, would using Sword Singer over Hunding's Rage give twice as much Weapon Damage (600 vs 300), or would Sword Singer lose some from % bonuses?

There might be a very simple answer to this question, but I haven't been able to find one.

I made a similar post some time ago.
    One said it works %.
    Cannot confirm.
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I haven't verified this in a while, it was confirmed at one point that % bonuses affect this and other similar sets. Its how we still calculate things on our Build Editor anyways.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • sionIV
    sionIV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I haven't verified this in a while, it was confirmed at one point that % bonuses affect this and other similar sets. Its how we still calculate things on our Build Editor anyways.

I've been looking into a 2h/2h Stamina Sorcerer build, and if Sword Singer scales properly, it would end up being better than New Moon Acolyte without the % Increase to skills. I would just like a confirmation on this before I end up trying to put together the build.
    Edited by sionIV on December 14, 2021 3:48PM
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday Skinny Cheeks released a video YESTERDAY that clears this up - spoiler - the boosts do apply, but don't show on stat sheet.

Video starts at the relevant section, takes about 2 minutes.

https://youtu.be/-6yHC7TLoME?t=40
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been looking into a 2h/2h Stamina Sorcerer build, and if Sword Singer scales properly, it would end up being better than New Moon Acolyte without the % Increase to skills. I would just like a confirmation on this before I end up trying to put together the build.

Just tested this on PTS and the Sword-Singer set is confirmed as being affected by Major Brutality (and presumably any other +% Weapon Damage effect). Also was pleased to see that the Sword-Singer effect is shown on the Two-Handed tooltips...I'm pretty sure it wasn't like this originally. The weapon damage is not shown in your "Weapon Damage" stat as mentioned.
    Edited by Reorx_Holybeard on December 14, 2021 4:13PM
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • sionIV
    sionIV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    Yesterday Skinny Cheeks released a video YESTERDAY that clears this up - spoiler - the boosts do apply, but don't show on stat sheet.

Video starts at the relevant section, takes about 2 minutes.

https://youtu.be/-6yHC7TLoME?t=40

Just tested this on PTS and the Sword-Singer set is confirmed as being affected by Major Brutality (and presumably any other +% Weapon Damage effect). Also was pleased to see that the Sword-Singer effect is shown on the Two-Handed tooltips...I'm pretty sure it wasn't like this originally. The weapon damage is not shown in your "Weapon Damage" stat as mentioned.

Thank you very much for the information and trying it out on the PTS! :smiley:
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been looking into a 2h/2h Stamina Sorcerer build.

Why? Using 2 Arena weapons?
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, if you are going for Sword Singer, it is good to replace Endless Hail with Stampede Maelstrom. Then you can get Vateshran or Master on front and rule, cause both bar would benefit from SS, unlike any other weapon tree or class ability.
  • sionIV
    sionIV
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This:
    Ippokrates wrote: »

Well, if you are going for Sword Singer, it is good to replace Endless Hail with Stampede Maelstrom. Then you can get Vateshran or Master on front and rule, cause both bar would benefit from SS, unlike any other weapon tree or class ability.

Stampede on the back bar to proc weapon enchant, Wrecking Blow, Carve, Executioner on the front bar.

• Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This:
    Ippokrates wrote: »

Stampede on the back bar to proc weapon enchant, Wrecking Blow, Carve, Executioner on the front bar.

Right, that's the only reason I've ever found to run 2x2h, before Stampede had that ground DoT there really wasn't any great reason. The BRP and AS 2h could use a bit of a buff in my opinion.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am pretty sure they do (I run Sword singer front bar and Masters bow back bar in my PVP build)
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭

Hey ReorX, thanks very much for the answer AND your build editor !!!
    I use it all the time and DO recommend it !!!

Just to say thank you I use it so often !!!!
    Congrats for your work and did I say thank you already ???
    XD
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the % bonuses which affect Weapon/Spell Damage will also affect the damage-type specific stats you gain Sword Singer, Ysgramor’s, etc.

Just remember your healing abilities (like Vigor) scale from Weapon Damage, so New Moon Acolyte would buff ALL stamina skills while Sword Singer will strictly only buff Two Handed skills.