Should they unlock the main campaign for faction switching again?

milllaurie
milllaurie
✭✭✭✭
Since the pvp popularion is record low and Gray Host is the only campaign that id poulated, please unlock the faction switching in it.
I know a lot of people (including me and my guild and loads more I know) would switch to the underdog faction to keep the fights going.
1. Initially it was done to stop trolling we do not have the population anymore to troll. If we have some amounts of players it is too laggy to pull anything off.
2. Maybe Cyrodiil's population would become healthier if there is no single faction that has others pushed back to the gates.
3. A lot of people would enjoy cyrodiil more if they had the chance to find fights. I never ever enjoyed loggin into cyrodiil and seing my faction has capped the map and the only resistance is 3 people getting zerged all the time. I much rather join the 3 people than zerg them.

Should they unlock the main campaign for faction switching again? 81 votes

Yes, that would balance the population
48%
Lord_HevAgrippa_InvisusTBoisDerraBrrrofskiMipMipallup8679The_LexZRTDrdeath20KatheriaholesmoTrinotopsJierdanitxylena_lazarowJesQukmarieNegativeVibesAnd0ssusRexicom 39 votes
No, that would be unhealthy to the game
51%
TasvoriRaeannTelelgameswithaspoonRDMyers65b14_ESOwenchmore420b14_ESOKayshawheresbesDrSlaughtrVevvevBeardimusNogawdRaddlemanNumber7geonsocalTommy_The_GunChilly-McFreezestargazer69Artim_XKeylunDimpfel 42 votes
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that would balance the population
    So, let me see if I have this straight.

    PVP population is low in the unlocked campaign.

    The only populated campaign is the faction-locked one. (And it wasn't done purely to stop trolling. ZOS said they had concerns about AP farming, and the class reps said that the sustained campaign for faction locks made ZOS think it was popular - which, well, it IS the most populated CP campaign.)

    Therefore, the populated faction locked campaign should have its ruleset changed to match the less populated unlocked campaign?

    That doesn't really make sense. If the ability to switch sides to the underdog is really what was going to bring players back to PVP, then I would expect to see that the unlocked campaigns ruleset is more popular. Yet even you admit that it's not.

    Sorry, this seems like asking for the more populated campaign to be changed to your favored ruleset, even though there's no evidence that it's actually more popular.

    While I do agree with some things you say. I think part of the reason why gray host is more popular than the other campaigns is because faction locking exists. Some people hate the idea of seeing other people playing or associating with people of other colors. And they flock to gray host because they think it's free of "spies". Because there's a population of people who play there strictly because faction lock exists that makes the population imbalances more severe. Which leads to more people being forced into GH despite not wanting to play there.

    I don't think removing faction locking will magically remove all problems PVP has, but it would slightly alleviate problems PVP has.
    At least there would be a population of players who would make moves on the map as opposed to people not wanting to try at all because the entire map is one color. Anything improvement is better than no improvement imho.
    I can totally see why people would be against it but I think having more people who want to keep the game active is better than just living it in a limbo state of it staying dead or inactive. Dead PVP is fun for no one.
    Solo PvP'er, GM of Holy Grail Seekers. PS4 NA player
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    So, let me see if I have this straight.

    PVP population is low in the unlocked campaign.

    The only populated campaign is the faction-locked one. (And it wasn't done purely to stop trolling. ZOS said they had concerns about AP farming, and the class reps said that the sustained campaign for faction locks made ZOS think it was popular - which, well, it IS the most populated CP campaign.)

    Therefore, the populated faction locked campaign should have its ruleset changed to match the less populated unlocked campaign?

    That doesn't really make sense. If the ability to switch sides to the underdog is really what was going to bring players back to PVP, then I would expect to see that the unlocked campaigns ruleset is more popular. Yet even you admit that it's not.

    Sorry, this seems like asking for the more populated campaign to be changed to your favored ruleset, even though there's no evidence that it's actually more popular.

    While I do agree with some things you say. I think part of the reason why gray host is more popular than the other campaigns is because faction locking exists. Some people hate the idea of seeing other people playing or associating with people of other colors. And they flock to gray host because they think it's free of "spies". Because there's a population of people who play there strictly because faction lock exists that makes the population imbalances more severe. Which leads to more people being forced into GH despite not wanting to play there.

    I don't think removing faction locking will magically remove all problems PVP has, but it would slightly alleviate problems PVP has.
    At least there would be a population of players who would make moves on the map as opposed to people not wanting to try at all because the entire map is one color. Anything improvement is better than no improvement imho.
    I can totally see why people would be against it but I think having more people who want to keep the game active is better than just living it in a limbo state of it staying dead or inactive. Dead PVP is fun for no one.

    Most players, I suspect, want to play on the most populated campaign. They don't care about the locked v unlocked ruleset.

    So what we're seeing is that the segment of players who really, really want faction locked play is generally higher than the segment who really, really want unlocked play...and so Gray Host and Kaalgrontiid were consistently higher pop than the unlocked alternatives. Thus, the faction locked campaigns with the higher pop consistently pull in more players who don't care about locked vs unlocked.

    It doesn't make sense to change the faction locked campaign (with the higher number of players who really, really want faction lock) over to unlocked rules. The players who really, really want unlocked play can't even fill out their own campaign enough to make it attractive to the players who really don't care either way.

    Are there issues with both forms of play? Yeah. That's why you get to pick your favored mode if you really care about the issues in faction-locked or the issues in unlocked play.

    It doesn't make sense to take away the faction-locked campaigns when the clear result from the last two campaigns is that most CP players either prefer faction-locked PVP or simply don't care enough about the issues it has to migrate over to the unlocked campaign.
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that would balance the population
    Yes, removing the faction lock would be great! So frustrating for example to log on and see that the faction I am locked on is dominating the map. Agree very much with OP: 'A lot of people would enjoy Cyrodiil more if they had the chance to find fights'
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

    Current Guilds (main): Project Nova
    Former Guilds (main): Lagacy ∙ Týr ∙ Dracarÿs ∙ Unfriendly Fire

    'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • edward_frigidhands
    edward_frigidhands
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, that would be unhealthy to the game
    There are more to organic ways to address this issue which would also be more effective.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that would balance the population
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    So, let me see if I have this straight.

    PVP population is low in the unlocked campaign.

    The only populated campaign is the faction-locked one. (And it wasn't done purely to stop trolling. ZOS said they had concerns about AP farming, and the class reps said that the sustained campaign for faction locks made ZOS think it was popular - which, well, it IS the most populated CP campaign.)

    Therefore, the populated faction locked campaign should have its ruleset changed to match the less populated unlocked campaign?

    That doesn't really make sense. If the ability to switch sides to the underdog is really what was going to bring players back to PVP, then I would expect to see that the unlocked campaigns ruleset is more popular. Yet even you admit that it's not.

    Sorry, this seems like asking for the more populated campaign to be changed to your favored ruleset, even though there's no evidence that it's actually more popular.

    While I do agree with some things you say. I think part of the reason why gray host is more popular than the other campaigns is because faction locking exists. Some people hate the idea of seeing other people playing or associating with people of other colors. And they flock to gray host because they think it's free of "spies". Because there's a population of people who play there strictly because faction lock exists that makes the population imbalances more severe. Which leads to more people being forced into GH despite not wanting to play there.

    I don't think removing faction locking will magically remove all problems PVP has, but it would slightly alleviate problems PVP has.
    At least there would be a population of players who would make moves on the map as opposed to people not wanting to try at all because the entire map is one color. Anything improvement is better than no improvement imho.
    I can totally see why people would be against it but I think having more people who want to keep the game active is better than just living it in a limbo state of it staying dead or inactive. Dead PVP is fun for no one.

    Most players, I suspect, want to play on the most populated campaign. They don't care about the locked v unlocked ruleset.

    So what we're seeing is that the segment of players who really, really want faction locked play is generally higher than the segment who really, really want unlocked play...and so Gray Host and Kaalgrontiid were consistently higher pop than the unlocked alternatives. Thus, the faction locked campaigns with the higher pop consistently pull in more players who don't care about locked vs unlocked.

    It doesn't make sense to change the faction locked campaign (with the higher number of players who really, really want faction lock) over to unlocked rules. The players who really, really want unlocked play can't even fill out their own campaign enough to make it attractive to the players who really don't care either way.

    Are there issues with both forms of play? Yeah. That's why you get to pick your favored mode if you really care about the issues in faction-locked or the issues in unlocked play.

    It doesn't make sense to take away the faction-locked campaigns when the clear result from the last two campaigns is that most CP players either prefer faction-locked PVP or simply don't care enough about the issues it has to migrate over to the unlocked campaign.

    Can't speak on state of PC server, but on PS na it's not like that at all. It's not overwhelming in favor of one campaign. GH has more people in it during prime time, but BR when it's active can get 2+ bars of each faction. Though you only ever see the population difference later in the day. If you log on around lunchtime EST, both GH and BR barely have any population. Most of the time when you login prior to prime time, there's barely anyone in gray host till the evening except Daggerfall who mostly server zerg that campaign and outpop Ad and EP. d35f1add34671a669261b3ab90e91093.png

    Gh barely has an edge in population over BR most of the day, with the exception of DC but most of that population don't do anything since they control most of the map all the time. Which only changes during the evening time, when more bars start to log in(but simultaneously BR also jumps in population at that time as well). I assume those faction lock loyalists and people forced into GH due to the other campaigns being dead make the difference that keeps it from being just as dead as BR.
    Though this is just me speaking on PSNA from what I see. Can't say the same for xbox or PC
    Solo PvP'er, GM of Holy Grail Seekers. PS4 NA player
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that would balance the population
    milllaurie wrote: »
    Since the pvp popularion is record low and Gray Host is the only campaign that id poulated, please unlock the faction switching in it.
    I know a lot of people (including me and my guild and loads more I know) would switch to the underdog faction to keep the fights going.
    1. Initially it was done to stop trolling we do not have the population anymore to troll. If we have some amounts of players it is too laggy to pull anything off.
    2. Maybe Cyrodiil's population would become healthier if there is no single faction that has others pushed back to the gates.
    3. A lot of people would enjoy cyrodiil more if they had the chance to find fights. I never ever enjoyed loggin into cyrodiil and seing my faction has capped the map and the only resistance is 3 people getting zerged all the time. I much rather join the 3 people than zerg them.

    it was a mistake to introduce it in the 1. place
    i and 2 friend of me played much less pvp than before cause i was(main) yellow 1 was blue and 1 red...
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    So, let me see if I have this straight.

    PVP population is low in the unlocked campaign.

    The only populated campaign is the faction-locked one. (And it wasn't done purely to stop trolling. ZOS said they had concerns about AP farming, and the class reps said that the sustained campaign for faction locks made ZOS think it was popular - which, well, it IS the most populated CP campaign.)

    Therefore, the populated faction locked campaign should have its ruleset changed to match the less populated unlocked campaign?

    That doesn't really make sense. If the ability to switch sides to the underdog is really what was going to bring players back to PVP, then I would expect to see that the unlocked campaigns ruleset is more popular. Yet even you admit that it's not.

    Sorry, this seems like asking for the more populated campaign to be changed to your favored ruleset, even though there's no evidence that it's actually more popular.

    While I do agree with some things you say. I think part of the reason why gray host is more popular than the other campaigns is because faction locking exists. Some people hate the idea of seeing other people playing or associating with people of other colors. And they flock to gray host because they think it's free of "spies". Because there's a population of people who play there strictly because faction lock exists that makes the population imbalances more severe. Which leads to more people being forced into GH despite not wanting to play there.

    I don't think removing faction locking will magically remove all problems PVP has, but it would slightly alleviate problems PVP has.
    At least there would be a population of players who would make moves on the map as opposed to people not wanting to try at all because the entire map is one color. Anything improvement is better than no improvement imho.
    I can totally see why people would be against it but I think having more people who want to keep the game active is better than just living it in a limbo state of it staying dead or inactive. Dead PVP is fun for no one.

    Most players, I suspect, want to play on the most populated campaign. They don't care about the locked v unlocked ruleset.

    So what we're seeing is that the segment of players who really, really want faction locked play is generally higher than the segment who really, really want unlocked play...and so Gray Host and Kaalgrontiid were consistently higher pop than the unlocked alternatives. Thus, the faction locked campaigns with the higher pop consistently pull in more players who don't care about locked vs unlocked.

    It doesn't make sense to change the faction locked campaign (with the higher number of players who really, really want faction lock) over to unlocked rules. The players who really, really want unlocked play can't even fill out their own campaign enough to make it attractive to the players who really don't care either way.

    Are there issues with both forms of play? Yeah. That's why you get to pick your favored mode if you really care about the issues in faction-locked or the issues in unlocked play.

    It doesn't make sense to take away the faction-locked campaigns when the clear result from the last two campaigns is that most CP players either prefer faction-locked PVP or simply don't care enough about the issues it has to migrate over to the unlocked campaign.

    Can't speak on state of PC server, but on PS na it's not like that at all. It's not overwhelming in favor of one campaign. GH has more people in it during prime time, but BR when it's active can get 2+ bars of each faction. Though you only ever see the population difference later in the day. If you log on around lunchtime EST, both GH and BR barely have any population. Most of the time when you login prior to prime time, there's barely anyone in gray host till the evening except Daggerfall who mostly server zerg that campaign and outpop Ad and EP. d35f1add34671a669261b3ab90e91093.png

    Gh barely has an edge in population over BR most of the day, with the exception of DC but most of that population don't do anything since they control most of the map all the time. Which only changes during the evening time, when more bars start to log in(but simultaneously BR also jumps in population at that time as well). I assume those faction lock loyalists and people forced into GH due to the other campaigns being dead make the difference that keeps it from being just as dead as BR.
    Though this is just me speaking on PSNA from what I see. Can't say the same for xbox or PC

    Fair enough, I'm on PC/NA, where Gray Host (and Kaalgrontiid before it) had a marked population advantage over the CP non-locked campaigns.
  • PvP_Exploiter
    PvP_Exploiter
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, that would balance the population
    So, let me see if I have this straight.

    PVP population is low in the unlocked campaign.

    The only populated campaign is the faction-locked one. (And it wasn't done purely to stop trolling. ZOS said they had concerns about AP farming, and the class reps said that the sustained campaign for faction locks made ZOS think it was popular - which, well, it IS the most populated CP campaign.)

    Therefore, the populated faction locked campaign should have its ruleset changed to match the less populated unlocked campaign?

    That doesn't really make sense. If the ability to switch sides to the underdog is really what was going to bring players back to PVP, then I would expect to see that the unlocked campaigns ruleset is more popular. Yet even you admit that it's not.

    Sorry, this seems like asking for the more populated campaign to be changed to your favored ruleset, even though there's no evidence that it's actually more popular.

    Except the unlocked campaign you can't use any sets. That's why no one is there.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, that would be unhealthy to the game
    I voted no but feel the need to elaborate.

    A stagnant population IS bad for Cyrodiil. However, I do think being able to switch back and forth between alliances in the same campaign leads to toxicity (not that there isn't already toxicity, but there are more opportunities if you can flip around). I have two opinions on this.

    1. alliance switch costing 3k crowns is absolute BS. There are plenty of people who would prefer NOT to play for the faction that can run the table 99% of the day. However, the idea of spending $25 just to turn one character is absolutely bonkers when it would BENEFIT the game. Either this price needs to be slashed in half OR there should be an in-game way of changing alliances. For example, what if there was a 2-3 hour quest a character would have to do to switch sides? This would still discourage flipping back and forth by requiring time outside PVP.

    2. The only way I would endorse non-locked GH (as if my opinion matters lol) would be to merge GH and BR. You would have to leave it unlocked to not completely hose over players who genuinely just want to play with friends (as opposed to people who switch to steal scrolls and hammer). The big issue right now is GH is unplayable for many people due to hardware and software limitations, and BR is dead most of the time because most people will choose GH for the action. Well, if the populations were balanced, there would be plenty of action to go around. Merge the campaigns and combine the developer time and resources to having ONE CP campaign that works and is fully populated, rather than spreading everything out and putting forward the minimum amount of support.

    The other point for #2 I want to say is right now, you often have a situation where a faction picks a campaign and loads up on it to completely control it. For a long time on XB this was Red GH, Blue BR and Yellow Raven. Trying to play an off faction in any of these meant you'd be running into a brick wall all night. (These have recently shuffled as factions have moved from one to another). I do think it would be better if we had one campaign that works, with the most population feasible, with the added camps during Midyear.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, that would balance the population
    I don't think alliance swapping should be completely unrestricted, but 3k crowns and 30 days is way too steep an investment, especially when there's a risk you're rerolling to what becomes the new high pop zerg (sure glad I decided against going DC this camp). Make it something like 100k AP and 7 days, then we might see some balance.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that would balance the population
    It should never have reverted to faction lock after they removed it. I suppose they made quite a bit of money from all the faction change tokens though.

    I would just like to play in an active campaign with the friends I have made over the years that are on different alliances. And yes if you get unlucky and end up in the most populated faction thats boring for some people.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, let me see if I have this straight.

    PVP population is low in the unlocked campaign.

    The only populated campaign is the faction-locked one. (And it wasn't done purely to stop trolling. ZOS said they had concerns about AP farming, and the class reps said that the sustained campaign for faction locks made ZOS think it was popular - which, well, it IS the most populated CP campaign.)

    Therefore, the populated faction locked campaign should have its ruleset changed to match the less populated unlocked campaign?

    That doesn't really make sense. If the ability to switch sides to the underdog is really what was going to bring players back to PVP, then I would expect to see that the unlocked campaigns ruleset is more popular. Yet even you admit that it's not.

    Sorry, this seems like asking for the more populated campaign to be changed to your favored ruleset, even though there's no evidence that it's actually more popular.

    Ye because it's not the "main campaign". Grayhost is the "main campaign", no one cares about Blackreach, not because it's unlocked... just because it's not Grayhost. And most people don't wanna play no proc so no cp is dead as well now. They should just get rid of Blackreach and Grayhost should be unlocked again. Faction lock is stupid. If people care about "spies" they need better priorities.

    There's nothing magic about being the "main campaign." All that means is that Gray Host was the most popular day one and has continued to be so. A fair chunk of that is faction loyal players or players who prefer to avoid the worst of the faction flipping. The majority probably don't care one way or another - those players could easily swap en masse to Blackreach if they thought the gameplay was going to be superior, yet they don't.

    Not enough people cared about Blackreach the first day to make it the more popular choice, and its still true that not enough people care about unlocked play to persuade the players who don't care one way or another to swap away from Gray Host. For all the claims that unlocked play is superior or players don't like logging on to see their faction sweeping the map, there's never been the sort of mass migration of guilds and PUGs away from faction locked Gray Host that would make Blackreach the new main campaign. (That didn't happen with Laatvulon either, even though ZOS added it because of claims that lots of players wanted an unlocked CP option.)

    There's just not that many people who want unlocked play bad enough that they'll vote with their feet.

    And so we're reduced to threads like this, requesting that unlocked play be forced on players who, if they wanted it, could've made Blackreach the most popular main campaign.

    Frankly, I'm happy that we've both got the option to play faction-locked and unlocked in different campaigns as we prefer.
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, that would be unhealthy to the game
    No, lots of alliance war RPers in cyrodiil (even if they don’t call themselves like that), lol.
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

    NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

    Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

    I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

    Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
  • PvP_Exploiter
    PvP_Exploiter
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, that would balance the population
    They should make two identical campaigns.
    Both "proc"
    Both no-CP
    One locked, one unlocked.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, that would be unhealthy to the game
    No. Bad enough after one faction wins a campaign; the next one it's suddenly the most populated.
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, that would be unhealthy to the game
    milllaurie wrote: »
    Since the pvp popularion is record low and Gray Host is the only campaign that id poulated, please unlock the faction switching in it.
    I know a lot of people (including me and my guild and loads more I know) would switch to the underdog faction to keep the fights going.
    1. Initially it was done to stop trolling we do not have the population anymore to troll. If we have some amounts of players it is too laggy to pull anything off.
    2. Maybe Cyrodiil's population would become healthier if there is no single faction that has others pushed back to the gates.
    3. A lot of people would enjoy cyrodiil more if they had the chance to find fights. I never ever enjoyed loggin into cyrodiil and seing my faction has capped the map and the only resistance is 3 people getting zerged all the time. I much rather join the 3 people than zerg them.

    Blackreach DC (PC/NA)is a cesspool of trolls from Grey Host who are bored so they come in and troll chat, scrolls, and the hammer. The majority of these trolls play on other factions on Grey Host. It is a mess and all because their is no alliance lock. I left that cesspool and never looked back. Trolls still exist on Grey Host but it is sooooooo much better.

    In addition to the toxic behavior, it is PvDoor 24/7, where players flock to whoever is rolling the map at the time. When DC is done blueing up the map suddenly AD comes on and turns it all yellow with little resistance, when they are done here comes red. Rinse, repeat. The majority of the time it is one group zerging and the others just getting on their alts to farm AP.
    Edited by EmperorIl on December 25, 2021 7:11PM
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that would balance the population
    So, let me see if I have this straight.

    PVP population is low in the unlocked campaign.

    The only populated campaign is the faction-locked one. (And it wasn't done purely to stop trolling. ZOS said they had concerns about AP farming, and the class reps said that the sustained campaign for faction locks made ZOS think it was popular - which, well, it IS the most populated CP campaign.)

    Therefore, the populated faction locked campaign should have its ruleset changed to match the less populated unlocked campaign?

    That doesn't really make sense. If the ability to switch sides to the underdog is really what was going to bring players back to PVP, then I would expect to see that the unlocked campaigns ruleset is more popular. Yet even you admit that it's not.

    Sorry, this seems like asking for the more populated campaign to be changed to your favored ruleset, even though there's no evidence that it's actually more popular.

    Ye because it's not the "main campaign". Grayhost is the "main campaign", no one cares about Blackreach, not because it's unlocked... just because it's not Grayhost. And most people don't wanna play no proc so no cp is dead as well now. They should just get rid of Blackreach and Grayhost should be unlocked again. Faction lock is stupid. If people care about "spies" they need better priorities.

    There's nothing magic about being the "main campaign." All that means is that Gray Host was the most popular day one and has continued to be so. A fair chunk of that is faction loyal players or players who prefer to avoid the worst of the faction flipping. The majority probably don't care one way or another - those players could easily swap en masse to Blackreach if they thought the gameplay was going to be superior, yet they don't.

    Not enough people cared about Blackreach the first day to make it the more popular choice, and its still true that not enough people care about unlocked play to persuade the players who don't care one way or another to swap away from Gray Host. For all the claims that unlocked play is superior or players don't like logging on to see their faction sweeping the map, there's never been the sort of mass migration of guilds and PUGs away from faction locked Gray Host that would make Blackreach the new main campaign. (That didn't happen with Laatvulon either, even though ZOS added it because of claims that lots of players wanted an unlocked CP option.)

    There's just not that many people who want unlocked play bad enough that they'll vote with their feet.

    And so we're reduced to threads like this, requesting that unlocked play be forced on players who, if they wanted it, could've made Blackreach the most popular main campaign.

    Frankly, I'm happy that we've both got the option to play faction-locked and unlocked in different campaigns as we prefer.

    ye and if the people who dont care about faction lock swap then u end up with split populations on the campaigns... even more so than now. People dont swap campaigns usually... ofc there is nothing "magic". But, people still treat it as the main campaign. I wouldnt go play blackreach now cos its dead. No one plays it. And people aren't gonna go move en masse because there is no one to organise anything like that. And most people wanna play where most players are.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, let me see if I have this straight.

    PVP population is low in the unlocked campaign.

    The only populated campaign is the faction-locked one. (And it wasn't done purely to stop trolling. ZOS said they had concerns about AP farming, and the class reps said that the sustained campaign for faction locks made ZOS think it was popular - which, well, it IS the most populated CP campaign.)

    Therefore, the populated faction locked campaign should have its ruleset changed to match the less populated unlocked campaign?

    That doesn't really make sense. If the ability to switch sides to the underdog is really what was going to bring players back to PVP, then I would expect to see that the unlocked campaigns ruleset is more popular. Yet even you admit that it's not.

    Sorry, this seems like asking for the more populated campaign to be changed to your favored ruleset, even though there's no evidence that it's actually more popular.

    Ye because it's not the "main campaign". Grayhost is the "main campaign", no one cares about Blackreach, not because it's unlocked... just because it's not Grayhost. And most people don't wanna play no proc so no cp is dead as well now. They should just get rid of Blackreach and Grayhost should be unlocked again. Faction lock is stupid. If people care about "spies" they need better priorities.

    There's nothing magic about being the "main campaign." All that means is that Gray Host was the most popular day one and has continued to be so. A fair chunk of that is faction loyal players or players who prefer to avoid the worst of the faction flipping. The majority probably don't care one way or another - those players could easily swap en masse to Blackreach if they thought the gameplay was going to be superior, yet they don't.

    Not enough people cared about Blackreach the first day to make it the more popular choice, and its still true that not enough people care about unlocked play to persuade the players who don't care one way or another to swap away from Gray Host. For all the claims that unlocked play is superior or players don't like logging on to see their faction sweeping the map, there's never been the sort of mass migration of guilds and PUGs away from faction locked Gray Host that would make Blackreach the new main campaign. (That didn't happen with Laatvulon either, even though ZOS added it because of claims that lots of players wanted an unlocked CP option.)

    There's just not that many people who want unlocked play bad enough that they'll vote with their feet.

    And so we're reduced to threads like this, requesting that unlocked play be forced on players who, if they wanted it, could've made Blackreach the most popular main campaign.

    Frankly, I'm happy that we've both got the option to play faction-locked and unlocked in different campaigns as we prefer.

    ye and if the people who dont care about faction lock swap then u end up with split populations on the campaigns... even more so than now. People dont swap campaigns usually... ofc there is nothing "magic". But, people still treat it as the main campaign. I wouldnt go play blackreach now cos its dead. No one plays it. And people aren't gonna go move en masse because there is no one to organise anything like that. And most people wanna play where most players are.

    So, since you think it'd result in a split population with a solid core of people who like faction lock, it really doesn't follow that people should be forced away from the campaign they've chosen to play in by removing the faction-locked ruleset and forcing everyone to play in the Blackreach equivalent.

    Whether you use it or not, you still have the choice to play in unlocked Blackreach. (That you and many others don't does contribute to its general non-viability as a campaign.)

    I mean, I'm sorry there's not a high enough population of PVPers who want unlocked play that Blackreach would also be populated. ESO PVP would be a lot healthier with more filled campaigns, and we'd see less gameplay like EmperorII describes. I just don't see the justification for forcing unlocked play on the faction-locked campaign - aside from the idea of "If we take away the option for faction players to play how they want, they'll have no choice but to play how I want, and finally unlocked play will be the only most popular choice!"

    It's like the old joke.

    "You're my favorite son."

    "Dad, I'm your only son."

    We've had unlocked-only play for a long time and what did that get us? Enough players persistently asking for a faction locked option that ZOS gave it back to us. (Also enough players persistently prioritizing faction locked play such that it's been the most populated from the beginning of Gray Host, and enough that you say you'd expect a bigger population split than we have now between Gray Host/Blackreach.)

    Asking for Round 2, Electric Boogaloo with unlocked-only play forced on players that you know prefer faction-lock doesn't really make sense to me, but you do you.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, that would be unhealthy to the game
    Please lock Ravenwatch.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

    Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

    Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played some Cyrodiil this morning & GH was pop-locked all factions.
    Blackreach was pop-locked for EP & 3 bars other 2 factions.
    Ravenwatch was 2 bars all factions.

    yet apparently unless the campaign is pop-locked on all factions it is 'dead' & 'no one goes there' lol :D


    (edit) also played some Imperial City... which so many on the forum describe as 'dead'... & yet constantly got rolled over by enemy zergs lol!
    Edited by dem0n1k on December 27, 2021 4:32AM
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, that would be unhealthy to the game
    If they are gonna unlock it, just delete blackreach and increase the server capacity of the map.

    Otherwise, nope.
    Edited by NerfSeige on December 27, 2021 5:26AM
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

    NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

    Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

    I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

    Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
Sign In or Register to comment.