The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

NECROMANCER BLASTBONES SKILL

acw37162
acw37162
✭✭✭✭✭
Please add a feature to this skill;

While in combat player can summon this pet without a target.

Reason, this is particular pain point for me. Targeting in content is terrible even utilizing target lock. For parsing or dummy practice this is not an issue.

But the necro rotation like the warden centers around casting Blast Bones - Shalks every third skill

Shalks goes off every time you hit it

Blast Bones not so much and if you bar swapped and it didn't go off, swap back, try again just kills the entertainment or the rewarding factor

Maybe PC master race has no issues here but targeting on console (PS4/5) had long been annoying for me.

This added feature allows you to work a rotation but not pre-cast prior to combat.

Targeting and hit boxes are wonky enough to warrant this I'm looking at you troll king.

Just a suggestion, thanks
  • WabanakiWarrior
    WabanakiWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    I think one of the strengths of blastbones is that it chases enemies down.
    I agree targeting can be pretty broken sometimes (I'm on ps4), but I think that needs to be fixed, not blastbones
    PS4 NA
    Grand Master Crafter, PVP, Housing nerd
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @acw37162 Blastbones is just one of many skills that do not fire on console with one press of the button. Engulfing Flames for DK's takes multiple hits, as does the Spectral Arrow with nightblades, and Crystal Frags with magsorcs, to name a few. The bigger frustration with parsing with a necro is the tether.

One thing I can suggest for parsing is use the hard target lock
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the most troubling thing about this skill is that you really never know if its 2 seconds or 3 between casts. On a dummy, or in perfect melee fights, you can count on 2 seconds, so every third skill. But sometimes you go to cast, and it still hasnt gone off, which can really mess with your rotation in real time. I wish that like Sub Assault (very similar skill from a rotation standpoint), there was some way that you could rely on it always being available. Maybe there could be a mechanism where you could cast the next one, it just wouldn't charge until the last one went off. Or perhaps, just put a 2 second cooldown on it (I do generally loath the idea of cooldowns, but it would work here I think). Obviously, you couldnt have people stacking them and sending an army at one target, but I wish it was more consistent.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Obviously, you couldnt have people stacking them and sending an army at one target, but I wish it was more consistent.

That would be soooo cool though.

There is just something fun about animate BB and BB sending four corpses into the fray. I wish they would remove the res from Animate and lower the cost to around 125 (justified because of corpse management requirements), making it a valid damage ultimate.

Edited by katorga on December 15, 2021 2:40PM
  • RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, makes fighting NBs on a Necro impossible being that they just cloak out and you can't target anything or pretty much any dodge roller.

Necro is powerful in theory. But only really in theory.

Blastbones does great damage but I get more dps from hitting a spammable 6 times with no blastbones than using 4 spammable 3 blastbone rotation in pvp, because of the insane amount of lost time targeting and the skill not being available or even when it does go off, hitting NOTHING.

Just make blastbones like warden's bug and let Necro's raise it without a target. It's not a buff, just a quality of life change.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Obviously, you couldnt have people stacking them and sending an army at one target, but I wish it was more consistent.

That would be soooo cool though.

There is just something fun about animate BB and BB sending four corpses into the fray. I wish they would remove the res from Animate and lower the cost to around 125 (justified because of corpse management requirements), making it a valid damage ultimate.

At 200 ulti Summons blastbones only and at 335 reanimate players + summon blastbones. Just like how Incap works.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Skinfaxe_DK
    I would like to add that BB and the other necromancer summons need to also have full caster "ownership" (if that's the right word). Currently necromancer summons don't contribute kills to the caster and therefore won't generate stacks for sets like Thrassian Stranglers, as they aren't recognised as "your kill"...
    They also don't inherent the damage buff from some sets like Bahsai's Mania (up to 15%) as they aren't recognised as "your damage"...
    This is really frustrating as it gimps some sets for necros exclusively.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Do I get this right. You think Necros are underperforming?
  • RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭

Do I get this right. You think Necros are underperforming?

Not in dummy parses

Leaderboards vs bosses they are bottom rung

The skill blastbones doesn't work and is underperforming so in theory if your necro is targeting and workiong fine, you're good as gold.

Those for whom their BB fail 30-50% of the time due to casts or stalling, VERY underperforming