The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

question about NB ultimate

Theignson
Theignson
✭✭✭✭✭
I almost always run Incap on my Stam NB.A couple times I tried Soul tether but it didn't hit hard. My stats are around 7k wd and 20k penetration. However, a stam NB hit me with a 14k soul tether (he was running plaguebreaker and using dual wield whirling blades), which was much harder than mine ever hit.
I thought since Soul tether did magic damage, it would scale off your spell damage and that that was why my soul tether didnt hit hard.
Is that wrong? Can it scale off of weapon damage?
Is it possible he was imply activating the soul tether synergy of his teammate?
Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
Glimson, Arcanist, Major
All EP/ PC NA
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    I believe ultimates scale off of both weapon and spell damage based on whichever is higher. If he hit you with a 14k soul tether, that leads me to believe that he has fairly high weapon damage and possibly could be using balorgh. If you look at his hands and feet they will glow red when balorgh is up so its easy to tell if someone is using it. I also use soul tether sometimes on my stamblade, more of an emergency ult when I need to get out of a bad situation. For simply killing someone I much prefer incap.
    A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe ultimates scale off of both weapon and spell damage based on whichever is higher. If he hit you with a 14k soul tether, that leads me to believe that he has fairly high weapon damage and possibly could be using balorgh. If you look at his hands and feet they will glow red when balorgh is up so its easy to tell if someone is using it. I also use soul tether sometimes on my stamblade, more of an emergency ult when I need to get out of a bad situation. For simply killing someone I much prefer incap.

Thanks-- interesting. I always thought that Balorgh only applied the increased weapon damage to subsequent hits, not the ulti itself-- is this wrong?
    In other words, if you use Balorgh, it doesn't boost the ulti damage itself, but increases the damage of all the other attacks for the next 10 seconds?
    For my emergency ulti I use the vampire ult which is pretty good usually
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »

Thanks-- interesting. I always thought that Balorgh only applied the increased weapon damage to subsequent hits, not the ulti itself-- is this wrong?
    In other words, if you use Balorgh, it doesn't boost the ulti damage itself, but increases the damage of all the other attacks for the next 10 seconds?

It boosts the ultimate itself, especially if the ultimate lasts long or has a slight delay after cast before it lands. Like Meteor and Leap get buffed by Balorgh, Dawnbreaker I'm still trying to figure out because Balorgh doesn't proc when using it till after the cast time, channeled ultimates like Soul Strike most definitely do, and the transformation ultimates like Swarming Scion do as well.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »

As far as I know the balorgh damage does apply to the ult. I have hit some crazy high incaps that I do not think I would have hit otherwise, I'm talking 20k incaps, so I really don't believe that it wouldn't apply to the ultimate.

I think vamp ult is good, but just too expensive for me to use it tbh. Soul tether gives me plenty of healing and honestly I could heal even more if I used the soul siphon morph.
    A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people