Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Celestial Robe - feedback on quality and dye?

SammyKhajit
SammyKhajit
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
This one is sorely tempted by the celestial robe and wants to know if there are any issues or how well does it perform from a trip to the dye station?
Edited by SammyKhajit on December 10, 2021 6:07AM
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay, this one found some answers thanks to MMO Fashion https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/celestial-robes/

Seems to dye well without any issues with gold buttons and ribbons being unchangeable. Annoyed with the more coverage of male costume though.
  • Helldir
    Helldir
    ✭✭✭
    I'm annoyed by the price. I find it outrageous to say the least. 400 gems? That will take extreme luck or many many crates. 8.000 seals... can you even make that in one crate season?
    Councilor Helldir Indoril
    (PC-EU)
    <The Danish Guild>
    <Unicorn Brigade>
    <The Brotherhood of Askir>
    Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they are yours!
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Helldir wrote: »
    I'm annoyed by the price. I find it outrageous to say the least. 400 gems? That will take extreme luck or many many crates. 8.000 seals... can you even make that in one crate season?

dont think so .... but seals are free so u have no right to complain about a price - they could make it 100.000 and it still would be good cause its free
  • atherusmora
    atherusmora
    ✭✭✭

dont think so .... but seals are free so u have no right to complain about a price - they could make it 100.000 and it still would be good cause its free

This doesn’t stand up when against the damaging effects of gambling, I mean crown crates. Yes, I put up with the prices and insanely low RnG because that’s all I can do to acquire these items, but I would not go as far as to say the Endeavor or Crown Gem system is “good” in its current form or that Crown Crates in and of themselves are not a predatory practice. Crown crate items should be attainable through in-game content as drops/achievements, not real money loot boxes. There is more than enough content to accommodate these items.

Endeavors could use a buff. You really don’t have a chance of acquiring the items while they’re in season via endeavors, and there is no guarantee that the items will return once they are gone, or when they will if they do. ZOS should either give more endeavors for tasks(and maybe increase task difficulty to compensate) or lower the endeavor prices on crown crate items. The crown gem prices are abysmal for Radiant and Apex items. Crown gems are not free since you paid for the box and got trash or duplicates. I’d call it a fair exchange, except the conversion rate is underwhelming to say the least.
    Edited by atherusmora on December 10, 2021 6:34PM
    (Pet)Magsorc Main
    PS4 NA
    PvX
    Long Live the Queen!!!
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    400 gems is excessive. This one remembers costumes were 1000 or 2000 crowns, not locked behind the crates.
  • Helldir
    Helldir
    ✭✭✭
    but seals are free so u have no right to complain about a price - they could make it 100.000 and it still would be good cause its free

See, this argument sort of p..... me off. I have every right to complain about the price as they are higher than what is achievable in one crate season. It may very well "force" someone, who either has an addiction to "bling" or gambling for that matter to throw very possibly a horrendous amount of real money after lootboxes to either try their luck or generate an abysmal amount of gems. This is a highly immoral practice in my view. Let's say this person is lucky to get an apex item but it's not the one they want. You cannot swap it for another one. You can then hop back on the treadmill and throw even more real money after the loot boxes.

I'm not against the loot boxes or the seal per se. I'm against their current implementation, which I find highly immoral and outrageous. I can control my gambling urges but there are people that can't. I game like this should be a safe haven for people to enjoy themselves especially in these Corona and Omicron times and seen in this light I find this practice despicable and distasteful, and there should be laws regulating this that ZoS would need to abide by as already being discussed in another thread. When will Purchasable Crown Crates be Removed from the Game?

It wasn’t my meaning to hijack this thread, so I’ll end it here and post in the feedback thread from now on.
    Councilor Helldir Indoril
    (PC-EU)
    <The Danish Guild>
    <Unicorn Brigade>
    <The Brotherhood of Askir>
    Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they are yours!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, this one found some answers thanks to MMO Fashion https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/celestial-robes/

Seems to dye well without any issues with gold buttons and ribbons being unchangeable. Annoyed with the more coverage of male costume though.

Yeah, I reeeally dislike that! GW2 was always doing that to the extreme — frumpy clothes for men while the same style/costume for women would have a bizillion cutouts. It was ludicrous and part of why I always played Sylvari (plant people) in that game.
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"FREE" is subjective, they said "Endeavours allow you to buy anything from any crown crate season".... how when I have been collecting them since Day One of Endeavours, 4 crate seasons have come and gone, yet I still can't afford an Apex mount, let alone a Radiant Apex.

It's not free if you can't afford it, that's like saying a Ferrari is FREE, all you have to do is scrub toilets for 99 years or pick up pennies at the bus station for 250 years! It's an illusion, a mountain that is so steep to climb that you just buy crowns, if you were truly ment to earn an Apex per season then the Endeavours would pay out commensurate with that rate.