The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Awful connection these days

Biscuit_290
Biscuit_290
✭✭✭
Playing from Asia on EU server. There used to be occasional freezes, once or twice a day. Now, however, it has become seriously annoying. Character just stands in front of stuff with a greyed out interact button for practically a whole minute, at the end of which the ping meter finally decides to show high ping or just boot you out after another 2 minutes of standing still. This is happening a lot more times a day. Sometimes restarting game fixes it temporarily (otherwise it won't even let you log back in because of connection error) but sometimes it remains disconnected for long durations. My internet is fine and every other game works well.
Even back when I played on mobile connection, it was better than this. What's wrong?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on December 10, 2021 6:34PM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Check your ping and latency

check if it's your provider

Vpn or no vpn

Check other games

Ask others from Asia if having similar issues

Options
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm playing from Asia on the NA(XB) server.

Other than a sporadic stutter here and there and "normal" ping/lag, everything is working as always.

I play mostly behind a vpn though, so that may or may not be your situation.
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
    Options
  • Biscuit_290
    Biscuit_290
    ✭✭✭
    No VPN. I did say my isp is alright and that other games work fine. I can't understand what else the problem could be.
    Options
  • Biscuit_290
    Biscuit_290
    ✭✭✭
    I am on PC btw
    Options
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use a VPN.
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
    Options
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    Try doing some tracert's in command on one of the ESO server, that will show you if there is a delay in one of the jumps.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30903/~/how-do-i-do-a-pathping-and-tracert-to-the-servers-to-test-my-connection?

To compare this is what I get in the UK:
    Tracing route to 159.100.230.1 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 1 ms 1 ms <1 ms {MY ROUTER}
    2 4 ms 4 ms 5 ms {MY IP}
    3 * * * Request timed out.
    4 14 ms 19 ms 6 ms 31.55.186.188
    5 6 ms 6 ms 7 ms 195.99.127.48
    6 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms peer3-et4-0-3.slough.ukcore.bt.net [62.6.201.49]
    7 8 ms 7 ms 7 ms akamai.prolexic.com [195.66.236.31]
    8 8 ms 8 ms 8 ms po111.bs-a.sech-lon2.netarch.akamai.com [72.52.60.194]
    9 * * * Request timed out.
    10 16 ms 17 ms 10 ms ae120.access-a.sech-lon2.netarch.akamai.com [72.52.60.197]
    11 8 ms 8 ms 8 ms a72-52-63-8.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [72.52.63.8]
    12 26 ms 26 ms 26 ms a184-26-104-162.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [184.26.104.162]
    13 30 ms 31 ms 29 ms 159.100.230.1

Trace complete.

Edited by npuk on December 8, 2021 9:14AM
    The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
    Options
  • Biscuit_290
    Biscuit_290
    ✭✭✭
    thanks
    Options
  • StevieKingslayer
    StevieKingslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im having the same sort of issues from NZ, playing on PC NA. Its not normal lag either. Im fine for a moment, then my game freezes and then unfreezes like nothing happened and my fans going into overdrive for 2 seconds and its all over. I've experienced this before a while back too. Only effects ESO. I've checked my net, taken off all unneeded settings and everything. Kept monitoring my temps and all sorts. Only happened since the last maintenance. Its happening often enough Im now not going into dungeons or pvp because I'll rage quit if it happens at key moments and I die :D

The night before I had extreme lag spikes aswell, like, teleporting around on everyones screens. Was horrific. Someone else in the same house as me, on the same net, same game however, was having no lag issues at all. Frustrating.
    I am demanding better customer service from Zenimax Studios.
    I am demanding better and more open communication between the devs & the playerbase.
    Majin Stevie || Iothane || Nymphetamine
    PVP || PVE
    Player since beta.
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The connection troubleshooting linked below can help with disconnection issues you're running into in ESO.

Connection Troubleshooting - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post