The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "New Celestial Crown Crates" Article

• Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone else sort of disappointed that they're starting to bump items other than mounts up to the apex tier?

Many of these items look nice, but I need a Christmas crown sale.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tenthirty2 wrote: »
    Do wolf mounts ever make it into the radiant apex tier?
    Looking forward to getting my first RA mount and hoping to see a wolf show up.
    I've been hording gems and seals for just the right one lol.
    The 3 that are there look cool but that tier is starting to feel redundant, the ram and senche we just saw :/

The Apex Star-Born Guardian Wolf looks like its my only option this crate run.

The Ayleid crates had a radiant apex wolf, horse and senche mounts.
  • Ode2Order
    Ode2Order
    ✭✭✭
    Kallykat wrote: »
    Is anyone else sort of disappointed that they're starting to bump items other than mounts up to the apex tier?

Many of these items look nice, but I need a Christmas crown sale.

Yeah it's not a great look to break that tradition, and comes off as greedy. For the same reason I dislike how every radiant apex is priced differently from the other ones in gems. It's the same tier, no? They should all be 1200 gems, just like all apex are 400, legendary 100, etc.
  • daemondamian
    daemondamian
    ✭✭✭
    My ESO + sub recurring membership has just given me 9000 crowns which I was going to sensibly save up to eventually afford one of the very expensive crown store exclusive houses *but* after seeing the Nebulous Star-Born Steed Mount

takemymoney.jpg

or crowns as it may be. Of course that I'll end in bitter disappointment and tears :)

I've been sitting on 50ish million in game gold for a while now but at the current gold to crown ration exchange rates that wouldn't get me many creates and no guarantee of success.

What's the chances they'll end up in the endeavour store someday? By then I'll have saved up enough seals for what the current ones are going for.
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 3 that are there look cool but that tier is starting to feel redundant, the ram and senche we just saw :/

Ah ok, looked it up, from early this year.
    The Varla-Born Wolf is the look I'm going for too, missed it! Meh I wouldn't have had nearly enough saved up for it then anyway.
    But it's nice to know they do come around, thank you for the info! :)
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the personality style in picture of the celestial robes!?
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fang lair chest style is messed up visually. It squares off your shoulders. The only ones that aren't messed up are the fang lair heavy chest.
    The fang worm chests on the other hand use the correct shoulder model, except for the fang worm robe.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah ok, looked it up, from early this year.
    The Varla-Born Wolf is the look I'm going for too, missed it! Meh I wouldn't have had nearly enough saved up for it then anyway.
    But it's nice to know they do come around, thank you for the info! :)

Happy I could help! :smiley: Yeah, the Ayleid crates were the best season IMHO. I love my Nenalata Ayleid Horse and might save up seals for my first and only radiant mount the next time they come around. :)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on December 10, 2021 10:24PM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello much wished for yarn juggling emote :)

Precious twitch gems you are going to a good cause.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danbest82 wrote: »
    I want the starchaser senche. Better not be 2k gems >.>

Don't worry, we got you. Only 1900 gems. Lol I'm kidding, I don't know what it is.

It's 2500. The actual hell is that price? To get that many gems that's around £150-200 and maybe more from scratch. That's a major rip off from something that's already a major rip off.
    Edited by Blackbird_V on December 9, 2021 3:19PM
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • Spell-Slinger
    Spell-Slinger
    ✭✭✭✭
    These crates are beyond disappointing imo. The only things I'd maybe be interested in are the housing items, but at those prices, and limited time so I don't have the time to actually think about how many I'd need and what I'd use them for? Ahahaha no, not a chance.

But hey, the bumbling artificer emote is mildly entertaining so yay?
  • TalsgarTheWanderer
    TalsgarTheWanderer
    Soul Shriven
    Well overall the only thing that's worth (to me at least) is the Play Qanun emote, which I grabbed instantly with gems but I can't understand why there is not a camel version of Starborn apex mounts. I saved up about 8.2k endeavors and I'd gladly get a camel Starborn, considering that these crates are Redguard/Yokudan themed. Sad, really.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    2g7xal4rexow.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the "Discover the Transcendental Artifacts & Otherworldly Treasures Contained Within the New Celestial Crown Crates".

Obtain unique costumes, mounts, and other mystical artefacts shaped by the Empyrean itself with items from the new Celestial Crown Crates, coming soon to the in-game Crown Store.

Here's a full list of all the rewards contained in Celestial Crown Crates:

Radiant Apex Rewards:
    • Starchaser Senche
    • Celestial Ram
    • Nebulous Star-Born Steed

Apex Rewards:
    • Celestial Robes
    • Star-Born Guardian Bear
    • Star-Born Guardian Guar
    • Star-Born Guardian Horse
    • Star-Born Guardian Senche
    • Star-Born Guardian Wolf
    • Astral Sheen

Legendary Rewards:
    • Xivilai Vilegilt Linework Brand
    • Dark Shaman
    • Celestial Vortex
    • Astral Aurora Projector
    • Crown Crafting Motif 58: Fang Lair Style
    • Crown Crafting Motif 77: Stags of Z'en Style
    • Chyle Seamed Nix-Ox Steed
    • Elder Dragon Hunter Horse
    • Mind-Shriven Wolf
    • Spellscar Lithoarms Battle Axe
    • Spellscar Lithoarms Bow
    • Spellscar Lithoarms Shield
    • Spellscar Lithoarms Staff
    • Spellscar Lithoarms Sword
    • Impish Epidermis

Epic Rewards:
    • Azure Eyes
    • Hopesbud Coronal
    • Shrouded Crown
    • Xivilai Weltwine Linework Brand
    • Logger
    • Play Qanun
    • Xivilai Vilegilt Linework Visage
    • Xivilai Weltwine Linework Visage
    • Fargrave Relic Case
    • Warrior's Flame
    • Scorianite Gladiator Helmet
    • Scorianite Gladiator Jack
    • Anthorbred Avalanche Dog
    • Blue Cloisonne Clockwork Shalk
    • Skald-Muse Fledgling Gryphon

Superior Rewards:
    • Fortune's Anvil Face Markings
    • Fortune's Anvil Body Markings
    • Xivilai Cruelean Linework Brand
    • Xivilai Rubyfire Linework Brand
    • Bumbling Artificer
    • Feline's Fancy Juggling
    • Stargazer
    • Xivilai Cruelean Linework Visage
    • Xivilai Rubyfire Linework Visage
    • Scorianite Gladiator Belt
    • Scorianite Gladiator Boots
    • Scorianite Gladiator Bracers
    • Scorianite Gladiator Arm Cops
    • Scorianite Gladiator Guards
    • Bleakrock Black Sheep
    • Elder Dragon Hunter Wolf Pup
    • Mind-Shriven Cat
    • Nectarthief Nixad
    • Niben River Fellrunner
    • Orcrest Rathound
    • Monochrome: White with Heavy Shadows
    • Monochrome: White with Black Outlines
    • Monochrome: Light-Dark-Light
    • Monochrome: Checkerboard
    • Monochrome: Black Relieved by White
    • Monochrome: Black is Slimming

Will we ever see some nice mounts and pets like these for crowns? I mean seriously, all we ever get is the most common stuff for crowns. People would spend real money on them.

Almost every goid thing here is for gems or endeavers. And the celestial outfit not even available for crowns?

It's christmas time zos. Come on......
    Edited by LadyDestiny on December 10, 2021 9:10AM
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    2g7xal4rexow.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the "Discover the Transcendental Artifacts & Otherworldly Treasures Contained Within the New Celestial Crown Crates".

Obtain unique costumes, mounts, and other mystical artefacts shaped by the Empyrean itself with items from the new Celestial Crown Crates, coming soon to the in-game Crown Store.

Here's a full list of all the rewards contained in Celestial Crown Crates:

Radiant Apex Rewards:
    • Starchaser Senche
    • Celestial Ram
    • Nebulous Star-Born Steed

Apex Rewards:
    • Celestial Robes
    • Star-Born Guardian Bear
    • Star-Born Guardian Guar
    • Star-Born Guardian Horse
    • Star-Born Guardian Senche
    • Star-Born Guardian Wolf
    • Astral Sheen

Legendary Rewards:
    • Xivilai Vilegilt Linework Brand
    • Dark Shaman
    • Celestial Vortex
    • Astral Aurora Projector
    • Crown Crafting Motif 58: Fang Lair Style
    • Crown Crafting Motif 77: Stags of Z'en Style
    • Chyle Seamed Nix-Ox Steed
    • Elder Dragon Hunter Horse
    • Mind-Shriven Wolf
    • Spellscar Lithoarms Battle Axe
    • Spellscar Lithoarms Bow
    • Spellscar Lithoarms Shield
    • Spellscar Lithoarms Staff
    • Spellscar Lithoarms Sword
    • Impish Epidermis

Epic Rewards:
    • Azure Eyes
    • Hopesbud Coronal
    • Shrouded Crown
    • Xivilai Weltwine Linework Brand
    • Logger
    • Play Qanun
    • Xivilai Vilegilt Linework Visage
    • Xivilai Weltwine Linework Visage
    • Fargrave Relic Case
    • Warrior's Flame
    • Scorianite Gladiator Helmet
    • Scorianite Gladiator Jack
    • Anthorbred Avalanche Dog
    • Blue Cloisonne Clockwork Shalk
    • Skald-Muse Fledgling Gryphon

Superior Rewards:
    • Fortune's Anvil Face Markings
    • Fortune's Anvil Body Markings
    • Xivilai Cruelean Linework Brand
    • Xivilai Rubyfire Linework Brand
    • Bumbling Artificer
    • Feline's Fancy Juggling
    • Stargazer
    • Xivilai Cruelean Linework Visage
    • Xivilai Rubyfire Linework Visage
    • Scorianite Gladiator Belt
    • Scorianite Gladiator Boots
    • Scorianite Gladiator Bracers
    • Scorianite Gladiator Arm Cops
    • Scorianite Gladiator Guards
    • Bleakrock Black Sheep
    • Elder Dragon Hunter Wolf Pup
    • Mind-Shriven Cat
    • Nectarthief Nixad
    • Niben River Fellrunner
    • Orcrest Rathound
    • Monochrome: White with Heavy Shadows
    • Monochrome: White with Black Outlines
    • Monochrome: Light-Dark-Light
    • Monochrome: Checkerboard
    • Monochrome: Black Relieved by White
    • Monochrome: Black is Slimming

Will we ever see some nice mounts and pets like these for crowns? I mean seriously, all we ever get is the most common stuff for crowns. People would spend real money on them.

Almost every goid thing here is for gems or endeavers. And the celestial outfit not even available for crowns?

It's christmas time zos. Come on......

Unfortunately, since they introduced the radiants the quality and "wow" effect of the other mounts, especially regular apex, have deteriorated. As long as people keep buying absurdly huge amounts of crates just to get enough gems for radiants, I don't think we will ever see such mounts like wild hunts, elemental atros etc. (at least as a regular apex).
  • atherusmora
    atherusmora
    ✭✭✭
    Was really excited for these, but the skin let me down. Love the Ram and Horse Radiants though!! I wish the skin had the same transparent effect with it. The current version looks like a cheap body paint job. The new outfit style and weapons are pretty dope too! All in all an 8/10 for me because the skin could be better.
    (Pet)Magsorc Main
    PS4 NA
    PvX
    Long Live the Queen!!!
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the male version of the Celestial Robe has a whole undershirt that the female version seems to be missing? What?

If the outfit's supposed to be sexy, please make it sexy on both men and women.
    If it's supposed to be... uh... "cool", please make it "cool" on both men and women.

Making it sexy on women and "cool" on men is... c'mon, ZOS, don't do this. You're usually better than that.
  • BulletMagnetX
    BulletMagnetX
    ✭✭✭
    What's the chances they'll end up in the endeavour store someday? By then I'll have saved up enough seals for what the current ones are going for.
    They're in the Endeavour store now. Problem is, they're impossible to buy with seals so far (and within the availability of these crates), which I'm pretty sure breaks the law of what is required to make crates legal in some areas.

But the time these crates return you'll have enough, if you save them.

Tyrion87 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, since they introduced the radiants the quality and "wow" effect of the other mounts, especially regular apex, have deteriorated. As long as people keep buying absurdly huge amounts of crates just to get enough gems for radiants, I don't think we will ever see such mounts like wild hunts, elemental atros etc. (at least as a regular apex).
    The Apex mounts follow the theme of the crate, and they'll need to plunder the remaining atronachs for ideas anyway. Expect Air Atronach crates and Flesh Atronach crates in the future.
    Edited by BulletMagnetX on December 11, 2021 2:04AM
    Molag's balls!
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're in the Endeavour store now. Problem is, they're impossible to buy with seals so far (and within the availability of these crates), which I'm pretty sure breaks the law of what is required to make crates legal in some areas.

But the time these crates return you'll have enough, if you save them.

Tyrion87 wrote: »
    The Apex mounts follow the theme of the crate, and they'll need to plunder the remaining atronachs for ideas anyway. Expect Air Atronach crates and Flesh Atronach crates in the future.

....Flesh Atronach crates....

*shudders*

I can just visualize what the outside of the box would look like.... :s
  • Helldir
    Helldir
    ✭✭✭
    I'm baffled by the price on the apex item the Celestial Robes for instance. I find it outrageous to say the least. 400 gems? It will take extreme luck or many many crates. 8.000 seals... can you even make that in one crate season? (It’s a rhetorical question. You absolutely cannot.) This may very well "force" someone, who either has an addiction to "bling" or gambling for that matter to throw, very possibly, a horrendous amount of real money after loot boxes to either try their luck or generate an abysmal amount of gems. This is a highly immoral practice in my view. Let's say this person is lucky to get an apex item but it's not the one they want. You cannot swap it for another one. You can then hop back on the treadmill and throw even more real money after the loot boxes.

I'm not against the loot boxes or the seals per se. I'm against their current implementation, which I find highly immoral and outrageous. I can control my gambling urges but there are people that can't. A game like this should be a safe haven for people to enjoy themselves and relax especially in these Corona and Omicron times and seen in this light I find this practice absolutely distasteful, and there should be laws regulating this that ZoS would need to abide by as already being discussed in another thread. When will Purchasable Crown Crates be Removed from the Game?. It should not be a practice that invokes buyers remorse or even worse in some players.

The items look amazing. The prices… how can the people deciding these even look themselves in the mirror or even sleep at night. It’s mindboggling.
    Let me end on a quote from ZeniMax Online Studio’s Director, Matt Firor, in his Studio Director’s Letter: 2021 Retrospective of December 9th, 2021.
    Matt Firor wrote:
    “The thing we are most proud of over the course of 2021—and 2020—is that we have given you all a safe virtual place to get away from the realities of the outside world, even if only for an hour or two.”
    In the light of what I just wrote, this rings very hollowly in my ears. It’s not THAT safe, is it? And some realities of the outside world do still present themselves to some players. I want to speak up for them as not all of them read or write on the forums most likely.
    Councilor Helldir Indoril
    (PC-EU)
    <The Danish Guild>
    <Unicorn Brigade>
    <The Brotherhood of Askir>
    Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they are yours!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Helldir wrote: »
    I'm baffled by the price on the apex item the Celestial Robes for instance. I find it outrageous to say the least. 400 gems? It will take extreme luck or many many crates. 8.000 seals... can you even make that in one crate season? (It’s a rhetorical question. You absolutely cannot.) This may very well "force" someone, who either has an addiction to "bling" or gambling for that matter to throw, very possibly, a horrendous amount of real money after loot boxes to either try their luck or generate an abysmal amount of gems. This is a highly immoral practice in my view. Let's say this person is lucky to get an apex item but it's not the one they want. You cannot swap it for another one. You can then hop back on the treadmill and throw even more real money after the loot boxes.

If I were the dev running Crown Crates, which I am obviously not, the purpose of Seals would be to provide people who do not really want anything from Crown Crates a chance to buy a couple things when it turns out they do. The Seal cost of an item would be set high to discourage spending Seals, and encourage the collection of Gems, and the Gem price would be high to encourage the purchase of Crown Crates to farm Gems. This, in turn, drives sales of Crowns, which is what I really want out of all of this.

Edited by Elsonso on December 11, 2021 5:07PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • JJOtterBear
    JJOtterBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    why are the celestial robes an APEX reward??? and not even available for crowns? [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 12, 2021 1:17PM
  • Helldir
    Helldir
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    If I were the dev running Crown Crates, which I am obviously not, the purpose of Seals would be to provide people who do not really want anything from Crown Crates a chance to buy a couple things when it turns out they do. The Seal cost of an item would be set high to discourage spending Seals, and encourage the collection of Gems, and the Gem price would be high to encourage the purchase of Crown Crates to farm Gems. This, in turn, drives sales of Crowns, which is what I really want out of all of this.
    With all due respect, you're stating an obvious mechanic and I fully understand this economical aspect having been on the working arena for 30 years. It’s a very one-sided and narrow sighted view on your customer base. There are other profitable ways to go about it. For instance, I'd rather pay a bit more in subscription fee and see this part balanced so it doesn’t hurt vulnerable players. This business practice that I am pointing out is immoral and distasteful. There are other ways to make money and cover the expenses without running the risk of hurting players. There are ways to make this “a safe virtual place” for everyone if you really wish to do so.

Just because some players don’t have a problem with the current setup doesn’t make it right. I’m speaking up for those this may hurt. I was not a fan of the Crown Store when it was launched but I could live with it. It has just come to a point where it is in strong need of balancing and fairness. I understand that expenses may have gone up in these times. I think most people understand this. Therefore, I would also totally understand if the subscription fee went up a bit to cover these costs. Hell, you could even let all the nice bling bling pixels stay in the crown store for longer periods of time. You could even have a couple of more crown sales. I think it’s a well-known fact that you often make more money on a sale than when it’s not on sale. And here we’re talking about a virtual currency… it’s virtually (pun intended) money out of thin air. So, this part of the business does not need to be unbalanced and hurt a group of vulnerable customers.

Again, just because you and I and the person next door are mentally stable and ok does not mean that everyone is. Especially not within the MMO community. Many are drawn to MMO’s and this kind of social interaction because they have issues in ”the outside world” such as loneliness, depression, stress, anxiety, and probably more. Don’t prey on those people for more money. That is just outright greed. If you truly want this to be a ”a safe virtual place” then show it and balance things; care for your customers. Caring for your customers make loyal customers and they make you more money in the long run.
    Councilor Helldir Indoril
    (PC-EU)
    <The Danish Guild>
    <Unicorn Brigade>
    <The Brotherhood of Askir>
    Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they are yours!
  • winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO
    A few months ago, I quit the game as I was having close to physical revulsions at eso from a combination of meaningless overland gameplay and event ticket burnout.

The boob tube got me to install the game again.

I was going to gamble my way to 40 gems but all the other items preview a lot worse than their brochure pics. I went from wanting everything from the email link to firmly only wanting that one thing.

Bothering to post though means it’s a better set of aspirational items than has been offered in a long time, so good job for that.

Ps. While I was away one of things I did was load up swtor… I though eso was good, but really the zero difficulty of questing content becomes a critical disease in the game the instant it’s compared to something else. The simple fact is meaningful gameplay is just more enjoyable than pointless motions… and given how brain dead even swtor is.. I hope adding meaning to pressing buttons is addressed as a priority.
  • Tomboski
    Tomboski
    ✭✭✭
    I was intrigued when I noticed that new crates were available...
    Mount skins were looking mighty impressive as I began to develop a bias toward their graphic effects art style.
    Then I stumbled upon the Astral Sheen option for character skins (which was relatively disappointing)...

I was hoping for MIB International's "Twins", but all we got was splash finger paint with Glostars® sprinkled on top.

Might I suggest a combination of the horse and ram translated into a far more enticing character skin?
    Edited by Tomboski on December 12, 2021 9:36AM
  • atherusmora
    atherusmora
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    With all due respect, you're stating an obvious mechanic and I fully understand this economical aspect having been on the working arena for 30 years. It’s a very one-sided and narrow sighted view on your customer base. There are other profitable ways to go about it. For instance, I'd rather pay a bit more in subscription fee and see this part balanced so it doesn’t hurt vulnerable players. This business practice that I am pointing out is immoral and distasteful. There are other ways to make money and cover the expenses without running the risk of hurting players. There are ways to make this “a safe virtual place” for everyone if you really wish to do so.

Just because some players don’t have a problem with the current setup doesn’t make it right. I’m speaking up for those this may hurt. I was not a fan of the Crown Store when it was launched but I could live with it. It has just come to a point where it is in strong need of balancing and fairness. I understand that expenses may have gone up in these times. I think most people understand this. Therefore, I would also totally understand if the subscription fee went up a bit to cover these costs. Hell, you could even let all the nice bling bling pixels stay in the crown store for longer periods of time. You could even have a couple of more crown sales. I think it’s a well-known fact that you often make more money on a sale than when it’s not on sale. And here we’re talking about a virtual currency… it’s virtually (pun intended) money out of thin air. So, this part of the business does not need to be unbalanced and hurt a group of vulnerable customers.

Again, just because you and I and the person next door are mentally stable and ok does not mean that everyone is. Especially not within the MMO community. Many are drawn to MMO’s and this kind of social interaction because they have issues in ”the outside world” such as loneliness, depression, stress, anxiety, and probably more. Don’t prey on those people for more money. That is just outright greed. If you truly want this to be a ”a safe virtual place” then show it and balance things; care for your customers. Caring for your customers make loyal customers and they make you more money in the long run.

Very well said. Hopefully ZOS rethinks the way they do these types of things, I agree Crown Crates as they currently exists are very dangerous and predatory. I’d love to see Crown Crate shinies tied to in-game content in a more meaningful way. They could be earned through different achievements for housing, questing, and PvP(mounts are the real end game in PvP.)
    Edited by atherusmora on December 12, 2021 1:05PM
    (Pet)Magsorc Main
    PS4 NA
    PvX
    Long Live the Queen!!!
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not against the loot boxes or the seals per se. I'm against their current implementation, which I find highly immoral and outrageous. I can control my gambling urges but there are people that can't. A game like this should be a safe haven for people to enjoy themselves and relax especially in these Corona and Omicron times and seen in this light I find this practice absolutely distasteful, and there should be laws regulating this that ZoS would need to abide by as already being discussed in another thread. When will Purchasable Crown Crates be Removed from the Game?. It should not be a practice that invokes buyers remorse or even worse in some players.

The items look amazing. The prices… how can the people deciding these even look themselves in the mirror or even sleep at night. It’s mindboggling.
    Let me end on a quote from ZeniMax Online Studio’s Director, Matt Firor, in his Studio Director’s Letter: 2021 Retrospective of December 9th, 2021.
    Matt Firor wrote:
    “The thing we are most proud of over the course of 2021—and 2020—is that we have given you all a safe virtual place to get away from the realities of the outside world, even if only for an hour or two.”
    In the light of what I just wrote, this rings very hollowly in my ears. It’s not THAT safe, is it? And some realities of the outside world do still present themselves to some players. I want to speak up for them as not all of them read or write on the forums most likely.

Not really a big fan of regulating for the sake of outliers. It isn't really my problem if someone has a gambling problem they cannot control. Not a good reason to eliminate something others may like to do.

Just like grocery stores shouldn't remove alcohol from the shelves because an alcoholic may come shopping and be tempted.
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long will the new season last? It will be 2 more months until I have enough endeavors for a shiny celestial mount... I'm guessing these crates will be long gone by then, huh? 😔
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bekkael wrote: »
    How long will the new season last? It will be 2 more months until I have enough endeavors for a shiny celestial mount... I'm guessing these crates will be long gone by then, huh? 😔

No, they should still be available then as they just came out and there are four new crates a year so that’s a change about every three months. It’s the bringbacks that are generally only available for a week. Of course things may change, but based on the last few years you should be able to get your celestial mount if you can save up enough endeavor seals in two months. :)
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much! I'm excited now that I have a shot at one of the fancy mounts. 😁
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~