The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Psijics Calling Quest Bugged, Breach not recognized as closed

RicAlmighty
RicAlmighty
✭✭✭✭✭
Looking online it appears that this bug has been around for years and I just ran into it today. Got the quest, went to Summerset, got the skull, closed breaches, and then after I closed one, the game just refused to acknowledge that it was closed. The map showed the same location and the quest did not progress. There was no way to correct this, re-logging in, restarting computer, changing characters and then back again, nothing fixed it. I had to abandon the quest. Bugs this severe should not still be in the game years after they have been reported.

This was on PC (Steam) and the PC NA Server
Edited by RicAlmighty on December 2, 2021 4:23AM
  • RicAlmighty
    RicAlmighty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    na
    Edited by RicAlmighty on December 2, 2021 4:24AM
  • aleksandr_ESO
    aleksandr_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    > The map showed the same location

let me guess you are using Map pins addon. The game never showed breaches on the map
  • Lucifer_Sam
    Lucifer_Sam
    ✭✭
    If I remember correctly, you have to close all the breaches in the zone to advance quest. It will not update the quest for each breach closed. You need to remember each breach area you do and then do a different one next.
  • RicAlmighty
    RicAlmighty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly, you have to close all the breaches in the zone to advance quest. It will not update the quest for each breach closed. You need to remember each breach area you do and then do a different one next.

After every breach it showed something like 2/9 breaches closed. Until I got to the bugged one, then nothing popped up on the screen at all. After I did the rest according to a map I found online, I was at 8/9 and could not progress the quest.

I abandoned it and finished it fine the second time, but it's still something that should be looked into.
    Edited by RicAlmighty on December 2, 2021 3:46PM
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just did the questline the other day for the first time and I had the same issues.
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »
    I just did the questline the other day for the first time and I had the same issues.
    As i stated in this other related thread, the entire questline worked 100% perfectly for me this past weekend. However, i don't use any add-ons ( pure ESO client ) , so that could possibly be why i never encountered any of the same issues mentioned by other more typical players.

That being said, it would be nice if each Psijic mission's quest-journal descriptions had been a bit more clear. Sheesh talk about a time-breach! ;)

Edited by NeeScrolls on December 2, 2021 7:02PM